bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Bane of the Family Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 29, 11 12:28 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Bane of the Family Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Bane of the Family Collector's Edition page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Bane of the Family Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 29, 11 12:29 AM
Very happy this came out during the holiday season. I beta tested this game and could not wait to purchase it! It is by ERS and to me it is a definite hit. The story concerns a plague on a small child who is adopted. Obviously it is concerning werewolves which is a new theme for BF, I believe. Your job is to save her. There are 3 levels, regular, hard and expert. The graphics are beautiful which you would expect from ERS. There HOGS are decent, no small items. The puzzles are easy enough. There is a strategy guide to help as well. There are voice overs. A great job and a definite hit with me. The game has been slightly altered from when I first played it as I noticed from the trial. However, it has been for the better.

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 12:32:04 AM PST

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Dec 29, 11 12:36 AM
I have been waiting for this game. So glad to finally get to play it, too. I just played about 20 minutes of the demo before I got too sleepy.
So far, so great!!

Will play more later today. Thanks ERS and .

Joy

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 12:38:00 AM PST

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Dec 29, 11 1:31 AM
I can't make my mind up on this one, everything is lovely etc. but for me I think just too many hidden object scenes. Having said that I was disappointed when my demo was over and that's where the indecision comes in.
In the past I have always bought ERS on the day of release but for me they just seem to be the same old same old and haven't moved on at all.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 29, 11 1:32 AM
I beta tested this game and couldn't wait for it to come out. I really enjoyed the first one "Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon". And of course this is a great sequel. My review is based on the beta/demo/and the fact that it's ERS. For me all you have to say in a review is "ERS" and that's enough for me. This series has the best graphics and animations. I love anything with Werewolves/Vampiers/Zombies. Once again "ERS" has put out a great game. Thank You "ERS" & !

Yes: Widescreen
Yes: 3 modes of play/Regular/Hard/Advanced
Yes: Options to turn off Sparkles
Yes: Voice Overs/ Some fo the Best! IMO
Yes: Great Graphics & Animations
Yes: Fantastic Theme/Mystery Thriller
Yes: ERS - Your the Best!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

FINISHED GAME
: I absolutely loved everything about this game. The bonus play was interesting and added to the story. I enjoy ERS and think they are just terrific! This is a must have game IMO. Enjoy, I know I did!

Edited on 01/16/2012 at 7:53:41 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 29, 11 1:42 AM

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 11:27:27 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 29, 11 1:42 AM
"[removed by moderator]...(Billie Holiday)

Welcome back to us, ERS, long time no see... You should work faster!

Intriguing plot, good graphics, and friendly and comfortable movement. Strategy Guide remains on the page you play. I would be happier if the hint system could be helpful out of the HOS too, like Elephant games.

The HOS are sometimes foggy, and some objects are blended to the background. Please, give us more sharp resolution, I wear glasses...

11 chapters - 49 pages.
bonus chapter - 8 pages

Thanks ERS, thanks BF!

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 11:45:17 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 29, 11 1:58 AM
Another formulaic game from ERS. It's absolutely beyond me why this developer continues to get a pass from so many when they have done very little to change what was working nicely in the early part of 2010.
The hidden object scenes are of course junk piles (as always in the ERS games) which have many objects to pick up that are drawings on the wall or wherever (another ERS standby).
Lots of back and forth which is the norm for ERS (and many others)
The story involves a werewolf curse which is different, I suppose, but the "sameness" is apparent.
And for the 2nd consecutive ERS offering there is a widescreen option which does not work. And again, if other devs can make this option available and actually working for all of us laptop owners, then so could ERS--they simply choose not to (or maybe it's just they aren't motivated to as they read all the gushing and "thank you's" and assorted other passes they seem to automatically get)
The music is very good and the voiceovers are passable.
Only 4 chapters were in the demo so I can't tell about length (only 18 pages for 4 chapters).
And no clue about content or length of the bonus play, but ERS bonus game play is always VERY short.
Maybe a SE someday, but absolutely not CE worthy, and certainly NOT CE price worthy.
Maybe someone at ERS will wake up and drag those good people kicking and screaming into 2012 like so many other devs are doing.
The formula is OLD, and these games do not deserve the free pass any longer.

Many of these ERS formulaic games are on sale for $4.99 this week and I would surely recommend them at THAT price rather than this unexciting offer.

(I'll be anxious to see the irate responses to surely follow after I have dared to call out one of the "great" ERS games)

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 2:37:48 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 29, 11 1:59 AM
Good morning, everyone!

This review is based on the trial version, which I wasn't able to finish within the hour I had:

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor

There is voice-over.

There is a journal, but no map.

There is widescreen (for those who can get it).

The HOS (hidden object scenes) are partly interactive, and were sometimes too messy, and in one scene I got the sun glaring in, which made it harder for me to find the objects.

The HINT button took about 30 seconds to refill in easy mode, but the SKIP button took longer than necessary to fill up.

Graphics were of ERS standard, and characters top notch.

--- --- ---

This is the first time I find an ERS game just routine, nothing to jump off my chair with excitement, and the best thing I can say about the game is that I still enjoy watching and listening to the characters.

SOME BLUNDER A slight boo boo was made in the beginning, when the girl in the coach who was supposed to be asleep and had her eyes closed, but had her eyes open in the mirror, which has been changed in a later scene when they went off in the coach, and you see her eyes are also closed in the mirror. END OF BLUNDER

I will be buying this game, because I found it interesting enough, but will wait for the SE, mainly because I have almost always been disappointed by ERS' bonus games: short and often irrelevant.

Edited on 12/31/2011 at 7:42:05 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 29, 11 2:13 AM
Finished Game and absolutely Loved it! For me it's the top of the line in animations and graphics. Well done developers! Thank you for these kinds of games. I personally love ERS and for me there one of the best game maker's out there. IMO

Edited on 01/16/2012 at 7:58:01 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 29, 11 2:38 AM

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 11:29:13 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 29, 11 2:51 AM

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 11:29:24 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 29, 11 2:52 AM
Ers, you out did yourself this time, what a awesome game,everything was great keep up the good work, When the SE comes out i will buy. Thx BF cames..
ERS keep the games coming your the Greatest!!!!

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 2:53:45 AM PST

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Dec 29, 11 2:58 AM
Interesting storyline, great ERS graphics, typical ERS muddied object scenes (that seems to be a trademark of theirs) as I have played all their games and all object scenes look the same. Music is a derivative of tunes from most of their past games and is pleasant enough to listen to. The characters and voice overs are very good. Puzzles are easy to medium. This game is on the casual easy side, not alot of to and fro which after the last CE about Dorian Grey, is a blessing. My mouse almost croaked with that one . All in all an entertaining offer from ERS.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Dec 29, 11 2:59 AM
This was an excellent game. It kept me totally enthralled for the whole demo hour. The gameplay was fairly easy enough to follow , but if you needed a push in the right direction , you had the SG. I only had to use it twice, myself. The storyline was good. The graphics were excellent , making the HOS fairly easy and quick enough. The minigames were fairly easy enough too. I didn't even have to use the skip button once. I would have to rate this a 10 out of 10. Although I will have to wait for the SE though to buy it as the CE being too expensive for me.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Dec 29, 11 2:59 AM

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 11:29:43 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 29, 11 3:03 AM

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 11:29:59 AM PST

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Dec 29, 11 3:09 AM

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 11:30:25 AM PST

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Dec 29, 11 3:14 AM
Yay! What a treat to wake up to this morning! Another ERS game (my fave developer!) And even better, another Shadow Wolf game!

Again, ERS brings us a beautifully made game with a great storyline. Good H0 scenes, not too hard, not too easy. Hint and skip buttons recharge fairly quickly in the regular version.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 29, 11 3:25 AM
glb613 wrote:If it was the game, we'd all have the problem. Since it's the same people complaining time after time, it HAS to be their computer.

Not logical at all.
Again, Customer Service has agreed the problem is in the programming and I'm sure they pretty much know their stuff so I'll go with their viewpoint---but we're wandering off topic and the mods will probably remove this back and forth so I'll just say that it's a very pretty game that could be so much better for so many more if more attention were paid to the programming details. But I'm happy it's working nicely for you!
Enjoy!

edited for programm----I mean spelling

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 3:28:58 AM PST

Go to: