JoAnn7
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Combining slates and glitch

[Post New]by JoAnn7 on Dec 29, 11 3:22 PM
I've been having trouble combining slates, so I checked the walkthru and the forum where I read about a glitch in the game that prevents you from combining slates. I just recently bought this game; I don't know how long it's been out, at least since the earlier part of the year. I would have thought they could have worked the glitches out of the game by now. If I have to start over and do that ogham translation again, I am going to scream! I practically needed a magnifying glass to count the lines! Not all of us are young with perfect eyesight! Sorry to vent.
JoAnn7

JoAnn7
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Combining slates and glitch

[Post New]by JoAnn7 on Dec 29, 11 8:33 PM
Aha! I don't have a glitch after all! For some of you having trouble with combining the three slates, you have to pay attention to the right click, left click on this. check the walkthru and if that doesn't work then you probably have the glitch. Once I realized what I was doing wrong, the slates combined perfectly.

[Post New]by Emily1978 on Jan 5, 12 3:34 AM
I also have a problem combining the Slates, I have tried many times to Combine the Slates, I followed the instrutions to right click the slate in inventory and Left click to drag it out, but thats just the thing I can bring it out, but I cant get the other 2 slates to come out because the slate that I am holding wont leave my hand ! How Annoying.

I have also watched walkthoughs for this game on you tube to help me get things done in this game , I really dont want to start the game again , especialy not to translate the ogram puzzle, which took me a couple of hours to solve in itself. What do we do, cant somone just give us a saved game of just after the slats are combined or this is when a skip the puzzle would be really handy, What do we / I do ? Hope to hear that help is shortly on the way, please send me any info possible. Thank you

And JoAnn7 I know your frustration, Lets hope they sort this out soon. Like I said We hope not to restart the gam, as that will take ages, especialy with the Ogram puzzle .

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jan 5, 12 10:58 AM
Hi Emily1978

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the slates. I've sent you a PM with details as to how I might help so please check your messages and hopefully I'll get those slates combined for you so you can continue the game. If you are new to the forums and unfamiliar with PMs (private messages), the link you need to follow is located to the right of this message beside a pink envelope and 'My Messages'.

Meanwhile, you may just want to try once more using the following method:
1. Right click on one of the slates so that it comes up into examine mode.
2. While that slate is in examine mode, left click on one of the other slates and drag it over the first before clicking to release it. One thing to note is that there are 3 pieces of slate comprising of 2 end pieces and a middle piece. Therefore you need to check that you're not trying to combine the 2 end pieces as that won't work.
3. Once the first 2 pieces have combined (as above) repeat the steps to combine the 3rd piece.

If none of the above happens, then I think you will need to read my private message to you.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

[Post New]by rdjg12 on Mar 8, 12 1:04 AM
I give up. Uninstalling this game. What a waste.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 8, 12 1:33 AM
rdjg12 wrote:I give up. Uninstalling this game. What a waste.

Hi rdjg12

Welcome to the forums.

I'm so sorry to read that you have had to give up on Rhiannon. I'm assuming from where you've placed your message that you have hit the stage in the game whereby things start to go amiss and in particular, you can't combine the slates and are therefore unable to continue. This only happens to a small percentage of players and is due to data having been corrupted during the installation process and can be put right if you allow Big Fish customer services the opportunity to help you re-install the game. This does mean having to start again as your saved games are also holding on to that corrupt data but if you contact me directly by PM, I can help with this also. I do appreciate that it's very frustrating when this happens but I hope you'll give the game another go.
Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 9, 12 10:10 AM
rdjg12 wrote:I give up. Uninstalling this game. What a waste.

Hi rdjg12
Just in case it goes missing again, I've replied to your PM - please let me know if you don't get it.
Best wishes
Karen

[Post New]by Digitalhydra on Mar 12, 12 7:01 AM
I'm having the same problem. The slates won't come up into "examine mode" when I right click them, meaning that I can't combine them. What should I do?

Edited on 03/12/2012 at 7:03:17 AM PST

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 12, 12 10:52 AM
Digitalhydra wrote:I'm having the same problem. The slates won't come up into "examine mode" when I right click them, meaning that I can't combine them. What should I do?

Hi Digitalhydra

Welcome to the forums! So sorry to hear you're stuck with the slates.

I've taken the liberty of sending you a private message (PM) so that I can explain how I can help. If you're not familiar with PM's, you can access your messages by clicking on 'My Messages' besides the little pink envelope to the right of this page.

If you prefer to contact Big Fish customer services for help, please click on the green envelope also to the right of this page.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

[Post New]by lazydogblue1 on Apr 4, 12 9:18 AM
Please can you help me also, Karen. None of my slates can be examined when I right click, so I imagine I'm one of the few unlucky ones with the glitch. Really disappointed that I will have to start all over again from the beginning of the game - I'm really busy at work, and this game was a nice little de-stressing challenge for half an hour each evening. I downloaded direct from Big Fish site, so is there a new link for the glitch free game?

many thanks

[Post New]by spunkyd223 on Apr 22, 12 1:55 PM
I am not a happy camper. I have apparently gotten the version with the glitch and I am so mad, because I have been playing this for about 12 hours straight! And I already started over once! I too, cannot get the slates to get into "examine" mode when they are right clicked. Right clicking does nothing. Very frustrating.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Apr 23, 12 4:18 AM
Hi SpunkyD223, I'm sending you a PM re help! Viata

[Post New]by pattio51 on May 29, 12 2:33 PM
Me too unable to examine the slates and combine together, also when I found the car in the old barn, I clicked on the rock on the ground but it disappeared so unable to smash the back window to get the rocking horse. Very Frustrating!

[Post New]by bnewcol on Nov 9, 12 10:09 PM
as well, right clicking does nothing, the slates won't pull up to examine. I have PM'd karen, hope she is still around to help. I will not be starting this game over if that is the solution, and if that is the solution, I will not be buying from Big Fish again. Too many people have this "glitch."

[Post New]by dojo510 on Sep 17, 13 8:00 AM
I bought this game two days ago and have played it for 18 hours loving the game! However when I got to the part to combine the slates it glitches and won't do anything. I'm very upset I paid for this game and was really enjoying playing it and now I cannot go any further. Please if anyone knows what to do when this happens please let me know!

Go to: