underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Cursor in Ant Pillar Scene

[Post New]by underwriter on Dec 30, 11 10:50 AM
OK, I realize not everyone is going to want to go through this process in order to finish a game which has other annoyances, but it is possible to get through this scene even if you have apparently lost control of the cursor.

If you watch what is happening, you will see that the mouse is in fact moving the cursor, it's just moving it a lot later, and in what seems like an unrelated way because by the time it takes effect, you have already moved the mouse elsewhere. If however you wait long enough for everything to stop, and then move the mouse just a little way toward wherever it is you want the cursor to be, and wait a little, it will probably be pretty close. Then you need to make tiny movements and wait until it is where you want it. Then click. The click works.

Then you start over to get to the next object or location The first place you need to be is on the right lower half of the screen, almost to the edge. That's the scene where you will get the torch. When you come back, don't try to go down, go left instead, about the same height you came in on. Back with the ants the cursor will appear lost again, but if you have the patience to bring the torch onto the screen, open inventory, light the lighter, then bring the lighter to the torch and light it, you have your cursor back to burn the ants. You don't even have to click them, just move the torch over them. Then you can get to the picture on the pillar, and you are home free (with the cursor anyway).

I will not guarantee that the game will not freeze later forcing you to reboot it or even reboot the computer, or that what you need to do will become any more intuitive (it won't), but you can finish.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

Re:Cursor in Ant Pillar Scene

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jan 9, 12 12:03 AM
Thanks underwriter! I thought I was lost or my machine was really wacked! So glad you pointed me in the right direction - as soon as I could get a few of the ant burned off my cursor came back! Thanks again!

CelticCoco

Go to: