cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 31 December 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Dec 31, 11 2:27 AM
Any comments fishes?

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Todays DD 31 December 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by mary102696 on Dec 31, 11 6:51 AM
I know from the other comments threads that many many people loved this game. However I wasn't one of them. I did the demo and loved it but twice now I've tried to play it to the end but got bored and quit. There's a whole lot of walking to and fro and back again. As Goofyduck use to say, you'd better have some good sneakers on.

Anyways, I was one of the few that didn't end up liking it. I'd at least try the demo and see what you think yourself.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Dec 31, 11 6:53 AM
This game was on my buy list. I've now moved it to bought. Well worth the DD price.

However, as always, please demo a game before you buy!

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Dec 31, 11 11:16 AM
A good buy for $2.99. Have played this demo 3 times (on different laptops, plus I *think* once as the CE so got through it quite fast... finished 2 chapters out of 5 in the hour demo. However, because I had done it all before, I think the next 3 chapters will be a little slower so should prove better value for money. A nice NYE treat for me seeing as I am stuck in with a sick DH (after a visit to the dentist, hospital, pharmacist etc blah blah) and am feeling a bit "blah" about the whole New Year's thing

[Post New]by ManatiPuertoRico on Dec 31, 11 11:24 AM
Did palyed the demo before and remember liking the game, don't remember why I did not buy it then. I think that for the DD price is a good buy. I think this will be the last one this year, I already maxed my punch card (3 times) this month but I think that I can't let this one go at the DD price. Just give it a try you might like it !

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
Thanks BF for releasing SO many good games this year

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Dec 31, 11 12:37 PM
I also demoed this twice before, but I do know why I didn't buy, The graphics are quite grainy, especially in the HOGs and a lot of the items don't much look like what they are. I had to use so many hints. I liked the story and mechanics fine but the negatives made it not worth full price.

However, I'm sure it will be fine at this price and I needed one more punch on my last card.

Rachieroos, I'm sorry about DH and yes, this whole "NewYear" thing seems a little blah to me also, not the best of years for many, but I'm ready to crack open a bottle of wine and pray for a much better year to come. I hope you cheer up and the New Year brings good things to you.

Take care everyone and have as good a New Year as you can. You all deserve it.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Dec 31, 11 1:33 PM
Was prepared to like it, as the graphics, while not clear, were nice. Then it lost me on the first HOS. A very common junk pile scene, with a corkscrew (my pet peeve) and I had to find ashes. Really? In a dark scene that is mostly gray, you want me to find ASHES? I used the hint, and being gray on gray I never would have found them otherwise. I found myself using a lot of hints, because I was bored. The only thing creepy for me was the music, which had a few tones that set my nerves on edge. Very standard plot, and HOS. I bought a lot of games lately, so even at the DD price, not for me. Maybe it gets better further along. Maybe it's the holiday, and I was hoping for something special.

Happy New Year everyone! I'm spending the day with my best friend, and will have pumpkin pie and eggnog at midnight. I don't drive after dark on this holiday!

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Dec 31, 11 6:05 PM
cll1950 wrote:
Rachieroos, I'm sorry about DH and yes, this whole "NewYear" thing seems a little blah to me also, not the best of years for many, but I'm ready to crack open a bottle of wine and pray for a much better year to come. I hope you cheer up and the New Year brings good things to you.

Take care everyone and have as good a New Year as you can. You all deserve it.

Thank you CLL1950. We had some nice sparkling wine and the boys managed to stay awake until midnight (DH just about, DS2 until about 11.55 but we nudged him awake) and saw the fireworks from a party over the back which was nice It's been a crap December for me so glad it's over and I am GOING to be positive about the New Year whatever happens I hope YOU have a good New Year too

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jan 2, 12 5:20 PM
I would put this one in my Top Ten List for HOGS in

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 5:22:48 PM PST

Go to: