bfgFlounder
11,810 Posts

Welcome to Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 31, 11 8:51 AM
Welcome to Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,921 Posts

Re:Welcome to Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten forum

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 31, 11 9:06 AM
There you are, bfgFlounder, we thought we were the cursed and forgotten ones.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,157 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 31, 11 9:18 AM
shagwendy

SassyBoots
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SassyBoots on Dec 31, 11 9:23 AM
I'm having two problems already and I've barely gotten started. I know I need a knife which can be sharpened on the whetstone, but I can't find it. I know I need to combine the stick, cloth, flammable liquid and the lighter to make a torch, but I can't combine them and I can't put them into the torch holder one at a time, either. Any suggestions? I'm stuck!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,960 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 31, 11 9:40 AM
SassyBoots wrote:I'm having two problems already and I've barely gotten started. I know I need a knife which can be sharpened on the whetstone, but I can't find it. I know I need to combine the stick, cloth, flammable liquid and the lighter to make a torch, but I can't combine them and I can't put them into the torch holder one at a time, either. Any suggestions? I'm stuck!!

[The knife is up the hole on the right-hand side, where those natives looked down on you at the beginning.] <--- ignore this. The stick you need for the torch is up there in the hole. Sorry for the wrong info.
The knife will be in the left-hand tunnel.

For the torch, first add the stick, then the cloth, then add the flammable liquid, and then light it with the lighter. I assume you did it this way? If so, just try again. I find that sometimes things need to be placed just so.

Hope this helps.

Edited on 12/31/2011 at 12:52:47 PM PST

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Dec 31, 11 9:42 AM
SassyBoots, this is absolutely no help to you....but that is exactly were I'm stuck. Can't find the item that needs to be sharpened and can't put the torch together. I hope someone comes to our rescue soon.

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Dec 31, 11 9:44 AM
Valdy, thanks for the info. You posted while I was still whining about being stuck with no knife and no torch. You are my hero!

SassyBoots
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SassyBoots on Dec 31, 11 9:49 AM
Thanks for the info and "Yes", that is what I had tried to do with the torch, but the stick has been rejected several times. Guess I'll just keep trying.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,960 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 31, 11 9:56 AM
patjoy wrote:Valdy, thanks for the info. You posted while I was still whining about being stuck with no knife and no torch. You are my hero!

Awww... (((huggles)))

SassyBoots... hope it will work eventually. Is it at all possible that you first need to get the knife and sharpen it, etc, before you are allowed to use those items to make a torch so you can go into the other tunnel? Just a thought.

SassyBoots
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SassyBoots on Dec 31, 11 10:01 AM
Actually, the knife wasn't at the top of the hole where the natives were looking down on me earlier. It wasn't until I got the torch together and went forward into the dark cave that I found the knife stuck in the stone and had to use the hammer to get it loose so I could take it back to the whetstone and sharpen it. -- just in case someone spends too much time looking up that hole.....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,960 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 31, 11 10:11 AM
SassyBoots wrote:Actually, the knife wasn't at the top of the hole where the natives were looking down on me earlier. It wasn't until I got the torch together and went forward into the dark cave that I found the knife stuck in the stone and had to use the hammer to get it loose so I could take it back to the whetstone and sharpen it. -- just in case someone spends too much time looking up that hole.....

So you managed to get the torch going then?

Hmmm... then what was it that was up at the right side in that hole? I thought it was the knife.

SassyBoots
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SassyBoots on Dec 31, 11 10:22 AM
Well, I've finished my trial up a tree, stuck between some "trapeze rings". I might just have to buy it even if it doesn't give much help. Mental challenges keep my brain free from Alzheimer's--or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Tee-hee.

[Post New]by kadog54 on Dec 31, 11 10:53 AM
can anyone help me find the cord for the blind?

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
4,792 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 31, 11 11:20 AM
Remember, too, that the whetstone has to be spinning for the knife to be sharpened.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Dec 31, 11 11:27 AM
Kadog,

Go to the bridge and look up where the chest and loops are and is on one on the left side.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Dec 31, 11 12:43 PM
We have all the games of the year. I'm sure if there was a vote for kind and helpful poster of the year, the winner would be Valdy. You're a peach!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,960 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 31, 11 12:48 PM
cll1950 wrote:We have all the games of the year. I'm sure if there was a vote for kind and helpful poster of the year, the winner would be Valdy. You're a peach!

Oh, cll... You are making me blush. That is very kind of you to say, but there are many more fishies who are being helpful as well.

Still, thank you for your kind words. And a Happy New Year to you, and all the fishies in the pond.

franroe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by franroe on Dec 31, 11 5:05 PM
I stuck at the bridge also, trying to get the chest down and where to go from there, have the torch so thats done.

guess if i had another knife I could cut it down, but that not an option'
franroe

franroe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by franroe on Jan 1, 12 8:23 AM
could be a very nice game, but......no clues, no tools, no nothing?

have to wait until a walkthourgh comes out.
this is nowhere land.
dont understand author not making it with clues more defined.
and easy in some way to locate objects.

franroe
I like being a jelly fish

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,960 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 1, 12 10:00 AM
Hi Franroe, and congratulations for turning into a

In case you are still having problems with the chest... You see those rings? One of them is missing. You should have it in your inventory. Attach it.

Now you have to pull the rings in a certain order to lower the chest. If you pull a wrong ring, all the others that you got down already will pull back up again.

Hope I got this right (I do tend to forget things the moment I stop playing, and I have only done the demo for this game), and hope this helps.

Go to: