bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Reviews for Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 31, 11 8:54 AM
What do you think of Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 31, 11 9:03 AM
Just made it out of the hole at the 30 minute mark. There is a difficulty option, music and sound. Very sharp graphics but I hate the voiceover. I don't like her voice in the first place and what she says is not what the writing on the screen says. There were a couple H0s, the interactive kind, a couple silhouttes, and lots of inventory use so far. The couple of puzzles I did were on the easy side. The hint button filled up fairly fast on advanced mode, a minute tops. I soon got irritated with the music, that same old jungle beat. It seems like an ok game, but nothing earthshattering. I might use a pc next month for it, but I would have to turn the sound off and I hate to do that.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 31, 11 9:16 AM
This is based on one hour demo

Lost Lagoon 2 from Intenium does not play widescreen & does not have many options however the graphics are crisp & there is some lovely artwork. There are voiceovers & I found if you clicked they still continued but you could carry on searching the scene.

There are 2 modes of play, casual with a 60 second hint, a misclick loop de loop & sparkles or Expert with a 2 minute hint & no sparkles. The hint button will tell you if a location has nothing left to do or where to go next if you are in a scene with an action due.

There are some lovely background sounds & the music suits the game location which is an island where you have been shipwrecked. You have to break a curse & escape before you become a sacrifice for the local islanders.

The H0 scenes are either word lists, with some interesting interactive items or a silhouette search; these were pretty easy. The mini games were fun & ranged from very easy to ‘needs a lot of thought’, I enjoyed playing these.

It seems there will be quite a lot of areas to visit but without a map I cannot be sure however there does not seem to be a lot of backtracking. The story seems a bit vague & the gameplay is mainly about the H0s & puzzles but I liked the look of this & it is on my buy list for the New Year.

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on Dec 31, 11 9:19 AM
I really liked this game and purchased it and only played the trial so far. I guess I'm tired of the dark side and the graphics in this game are beautiful beach scenes. The H0 scenes are interactive and fun, some are matching shadows so not the typical H0's. There was a cute little bird in the trial, hopefully there will be more cute animals in the game. So if you want to relax on an island (even though your stranded) you should try this game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 31, 11 9:19 AM
This review is based on the 1-hour demo, which I played in easy mode.

There are 2 different gameplay modes.

There is only the custom cursor.

There is voice-over.

There are 2 different types of HOS (hidden object scenes):

One is the normal kind, where you find objects from a list of words, with some objects that are interactive.

The other one gives you silhouettes from which you have to guess the object. This one will only give you one silhouetted item at a time.

There are quite a few HOS following each other, and in easy mode, the iHOS give you sparkly nudges for the interactive objects.

Puzzles can be skipped.

The HINT button refills reasonably fast. It can also be used outside of the HOS.

The SKIP button takes a little longer to fill.

The graphics are a little rough, but not bad.

Gameplay is pretty much straight forward - not much brain power needed.

--- --- ---

All in all, this is a nice enough game, and I may get it in a sale or with a coupon.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 31, 11 9:58 AM
The game is bright and cute, I played on the hard mode and was OK, no too challenging and frustrating.

I didn't like the voices but the music is fine for me.

The hidden object scene are interactive and I actually like the picture object scene, as this add a littler bit of variety to the game.

I like this game and its going on my wish list.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Dec 31, 11 10:03 AM
(Based on the demo)

I enjoyed the first "Lost Lagoon," so this one arrived as quite a surprise (guess we don't have Mudrock to predict for us this week)! The premise is similar to #1--shipwrecked on a strange island, but this time, there's a curse upon us and we've got to outsmart the native islanders!

The intro is good, if a bit abrupt--the female voice acting is just so-so. There is a very "spartan" Options Menu--music and sound FX sliders, screen choice, but no cursor choice (the game one works fine, though). The graphics are colorful and pretty distinct--the H0 scenes are cluttered, but there's some fun interaction, and you'll earn an inventory item when you find everything. Some are the typical lists, others are "silhouettes" of items--a nice change. The hint system (in Regular mode) re-ups quickly, and yes, there are "sparklies." The hint system can also advise you that there's nothing more to do in a particular scene--nice.

The music is "tropical-island-like," but can get repetitive--I kept the speakers on, but at a low volume.

I think this game will offer more than some folks think--a 208 Mb file size can be misleading. Just imagine--Phantasmat was about 250 Mb--it packed a lot into that space! I'll probably get this one when my PunchCard Coupon Codes come!

Regards and Happy New Year, elldee

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Dec 31, 11 10:07 AM
I have the first one and so I tried this one. I liked it. The first SE I've seen in weeks that I want to spend a credit on. It wasn't hard but I thought that was okay, because sometimes I get very frustrated with the bigger,, fancier games, especially the CE's.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 31, 11 10:09 AM
This is a good game, but not a great one. For me its a no buy yet, but I will keep it in mind in case we have a next sale soon

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 31, 11 10:10 AM
I have to agree with Shagwendy the music was so monotonously annoying that I had to turn my speakers off quite quickly and, once I did, I started to enjoy the game more.

The story has promise because one minute you are on your yacht and see an island that isn't on the charts and the next you are waking up in a deep cave with people staring down at you through a hole and you see marks on the wall which indicate that someone else has been a prisoner down there before you.

There are two modes of play and I chose the Expert one with the slower Hint and Skip refills and no sparkles .

The puzzles I came across were fun and different and I liked switching between looking for listed objects to discovering what the silhouette was .

I found the overall grahics to be quite good but the hidden object scenes were really crisp on my computer and consisted of beautifully bright coloured objects which were a real treat to look at after playing so many dark eerie games and my eyes have told me I must buy this game .

Cherb

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 31, 11 10:37 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:This is based on one hour demo

Lost Lagoon 2 from Intenium does not play widescreen
Mine played in widescreen, then again almost every game plays widescreen for me.

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Dec 31, 11 10:46 AM
I enjoyed the first Lost Lagoon and this one is just as nice. A good break from the more difficult (and lately darker) hidden object games. Once in a while I like to just have a relaxing game that doesn't take a lot of thinking but is still enough of a challenge to be interesting. This is that game for me. The graphics are beautiful, crisp and clear. The two types of hidden object scenes are nice. I got wide screen after I adjusted my resolution, whcih I am getting used to having to do. I like the music at a low level- it's relaxing to me. I'll get this one once I get my free punches for this month.

Edited on 12/31/2011 at 10:47:53 AM PST

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 31, 11 10:50 AM
Nice relaxing game. For a change, you don't have to keep 15 things in you mind at one time. The graphics are clear and bright. There is a mix of hidden object scenes...some items are depicted in a shadow representation and some are in words. I found the hint setup not to be to helpful.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first "Lost Lagoon" game, and this one rates right up there.

Happy gaming and Happy New Year everyone.

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 8:08:45 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 31, 11 10:52 AM
No widescreen on mine this time. Music did get annoying so I turned it down. Looks like it will be a decent hog so I bought after a few minutes of play. I don't expect perfect voiceovers, lol. Not quite sure why they don't match up with the text, but it doesn't bother me. I should have waited to buy though, as I earned a bunch of pccs this month, but hoping that BF will continue with some good hogs next month. I had fun with the first one, and expect to have fun with this one too. Happy New Year, y'all

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 31, 11 11:05 AM
Like some of the other fishes said, it's an ok game, not great but not bad either. My game ran a little jumpy for some reason. The graphic's were clear and storyline isn't one we have seen in awhile. Will have to wait and see if I get this one or not.. Maybe one with my bonus credits? HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 31, 11 11:12 AM
Not much to add to the reviews given by SeaBamboo and Valdy earlier in this thread, except to say it is a pretty big improvement on the first game in the series where the hidden objects were sometimes almost impossible to see. It seems apparent the devs put some work into improving things quite a bit.
Instead of black bars on the sides, there are borders of map-like things on either side which although not really widescreen it does give the game a better appearance.
I'll use a coupon on this one for sure---a nice effort.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Dec 31, 11 11:13 AM
Ok, I will only ever say this once - but I just have to say it...or I'll feel like I'm not in the "beta" club

I beta'd this game & liked it

Seriously - it is a very pretty and pretty simple game. I adore the dark, difficult games - but it's great to take a break in the tropics now and then! Great game for this time of year when it can be so dreary out! That said - it's not a 10 sneaker game, but you will need your thinking cap some! So pour yourself a drink with fruit & an umbrella & happy gaming!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 31, 11 12:29 PM
Review from playing part of demo:

I think I'm going to like this game just fine.

The graphics - for once - are all "seeable" and not hidden in some dark corner, and they are crisp and bright. Alternating between lists (with some interaction which is nice) and silhouettes is good although the silhouetted objects seem to be fewer to find than the H0s. So far, not too much running about and easy to remember what is needed where. The puzzles thus far haven't been too difficult. The hint system works well although I don't know if there is a click penalty. If I am at a location and click the hint button with nothing left to do there...I am told so - which I do like as I know I've found or done what needed to be finished in that particular scene. I don't know about voices or music as I didn't have the speakers on. Using the inventory items sometime is a bit "picky"...and I found that I have to click on where something is needed immediately before using the item - such as if I click on branches and I'm told a saw or something, then when I find the item I'll have to "reclick" the branch before I can saw it.

Overall though I do like the game and will certainly consider buying it January!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Dec 31, 11 12:57 PM
Don't have much to add except all my cards are full so I'll wait on this one. I have so many games to play from the great CE sale.

I just popped in mostly too wish everyone a
A GREAT NEW YEARS EVE & A WONDERFUL 2012!

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Dec 31, 11 12:57 PM
I barely made it through the demo. It's not my cup of tea. I didn't find it challenging, and its definitly predictable on what has to be done next, pretty well spelled out for you. The scenery was nice. I just became to bored with it. This could be a good game for those who complain about to many dark spooky games. Thats about all I can say about this game.

Go to: