KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

Curse at Twillight Collector's Edition is not complete

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jan 1, 12 8:46 AM
There is a problem with this game, namely it is a few megabytes short of a full load!

I bought the game and when I went back to resume it, I still couldn't get into the areas that are for the full edition. Seems like once again BFG has made a mistake in not providing us with the full version download. I realize this is a Sunday and a holiday to boot but if you offer games to buy during this time you must also provide the support to go with it (just my humble opinion).

Also missing is the forum. Surely I can't be the only one playing it even if it is New Years Day.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FISHIES

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Curse at Twillight Collector's Edition is not complete

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Jan 1, 12 9:53 AM
KBEAR2045, you are not the only one trying to play it and looking for the forum, 'metoo' is here also! Hope they check this soon...but I guess they are entitled to a day off too.

Perhaps soon they will fix this.
LMB

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 10:30 AM
Hi there,
I see that the Trial version is smaller than the full one. Usually you are required to download the full game after you purchase it and it is done automatically.
Perhaps you should try to download it from your purchase history if this is has not happened.
The CE locks are opened throughout the game when you find the keys.
Cheers.

indybabs
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by indybabs on Jan 1, 12 10:34 AM
is there a map with this game?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 10:46 AM
Hi there indybabs,
There is a map on the bottom LHS of the screen. You need to collect all of the coins in each scene (number needed shown at the top) to enable you to see the sections of the map and use it to jump between scenes if you so desire.
Cheers

imwinky
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by imwinky on Jan 1, 12 11:46 AM
i bought this game and am almost finished it but i have found the shears but the game won't allow me to cut the roses with them does anyone know if this is a glitch or am i doing something wrong help please very frustrated.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 11:54 AM
Hi there imwinky,
I didn't have a problem with this myself, but not all of the roses can be cut. You can only cut three. Have you been able to clear the ivy away from the heart?
Cheers.

imwinky
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by imwinky on Jan 1, 12 11:57 AM
hi dragonlady no i have tried to cut everything and it just keeps saying i need something with long handles thats sharp i even hit the hint and tried to cut where it zoomed into. do you know if i uninstall and reinstall the game will i have to start all over thanks for your help

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 12:44 PM
hi imwinky, try closing the game and reopening. I've heard from two people who had this problem, and they said it worked okay after that.

@KBEAR, can you elaborate on your issue? The version IS the full one, and you CAN access all areas, but you can only unlock each door one at a time. You have to solve the mystery in one and place the item you obtain on the mantle, before you can move on to the next one.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 12:54:19 PM PST

[Post New]by fiestygrl1 on Jan 1, 12 3:53 PM
I downloaded the demo and for some reason I can't find all of the pieces of rock or the lever so can't go any further than the first screen. My hubby downloaded it as well and he found everything so we will see if they issue a fix I guess but that sucks since it looks like a really good game!

[Post New]by Amaranthia_Grl on Jan 1, 12 6:17 PM
fiestygrl1 wrote:I downloaded the demo and for some reason I can't find all of the pieces of rock or the lever so can't go any further than the first screen. My hubby downloaded it as well and he found everything so we will see if they issue a fix I guess but that sucks since it looks like a really good game!

I wonder... when you try to find the pieces of the rock, is the round window with the rock visible? Do you see the list of rock fragments you need to find at the bottom of the screen? Do you remember if tutorial mode was on? I would love to help if I can.

[Post New]by Amaranthia_Grl on Jan 1, 12 6:18 PM
fiestygrl1 wrote:I downloaded the demo and for some reason I can't find all of the pieces of rock or the lever so can't go any further than the first screen. My hubby downloaded it as well and he found everything so we will see if they issue a fix I guess but that sucks since it looks like a really good game!

I wonder... when you try to find the pieces of the rock, is the round window with the rock visible? Do you see the list of rock fragments you need to find at the bottom of the screen? Do you remember if tutorial mode was on? I would love to help if I can.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 6:19 PM
Hi fiestygrl1, I suspect you're just not seeing them. Have you tried to use the Hint button while the pieces were visible? Note, you must have the "large" version showing, with the pieces in the banner at the bottom of the screen, before you can see the hidden pieces.

Also, you can try looking at the SG - find the page for the point you're up to, and look for the text reference to the item. Click on the red text to see where all the pieces are. Some of them are well hidden. There's also no penalty for going to the SG.

[Post New]by fiestygrl1 on Jan 1, 12 6:27 PM
ShazPG wrote:Hi fiestygrl1, I suspect you're just not seeing them. Have you tried to use the Hint button while the pieces were visible? Note, you must have the "large" version showing, with the pieces in the banner at the bottom of the screen, before you can see the hidden pieces.

Also, you can try looking at the SG - find the page for the point you're up to, and look for the text reference to the item. Click on the red text to see where all the pieces are. Some of them are well hidden. There's also no penalty for going to the SG.

If I am not seeing them neither is my husband who was playing on his laptop at the same time as me! He checked where he found them and they definitely were not on my screen. When I used the hint button it just highlighted the rock I needed the pieces for. It did the same thing for the lever. However, I did open the rock so the pieces I needed would be on my screen and there they were in the scene! Thank you!! I was thinking I was going crazy since hubby was seeing them and I wasn't!

Thanks!!!

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 6:42:27 PM PST

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 2, 12 2:20 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just popping by to let you know I'll be moving this thread to the Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition Forum to keep things tidy. This way it will be easier for other fishies to join in on the conversation! Please feel free to continue your discussion over there.

Happy Gaming and Happy New Year everyone !
bfgKenai

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 2:47 AM
Hi fiestygrl1, you need to click on the key item first, so the mini window opens and you see the pieces at the bottom of the screen. Only then do they show up in the main scene. If you close that mini window, the pieces will disappear again.

So as long as that window is open, you'll be able to search for the pieces, and if you get stuck, the hint button will show you where they are. Once the window is closed, the hint will direct you back to the main item.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Curse at Twillight Collector's Edition is not complete

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 2, 12 3:16 AM
KBEAR2045 wrote:There is a problem with this game, namely it is a few megabytes short of a full load!

I bought the game and when I went back to resume it, I still couldn't get into the areas that are for the full edition.

Hi KBear...

You do know that you can only access those areas when you find the keys for them? Those are the bonus scenes, and they aren't all opening right away for you, but will do while you are playing (providing you find the keys).

Hope this helps.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Jan 2, 12 3:10 PM
indybabs wrote:is there a map with this game?

Yes. In the front and back yards you collect a total of 6 pieces of paper for a background for your map. You get pictures of each location by collecting gold coins in each scene. At the top left side of your screne, there is a little box which will tell you how many coins there are to collect in each scene. Each time you collect all of the coins for the various scenes, i.e., front of mansion, back yard, etc., a picture of each is added to your map. You can then go back and forth this way.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 3:16 PM
The pieces of paper you collect in the front and back yard form the owl image, which you need to complete the puzzle to open the front door. They are not related to the map.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Jan 2, 12 6:42 PM
ShazPG wrote:The pieces of paper you collect in the front and back yard form the owl image, which you need to complete the puzzle to open the front door. They are not related to the map.

Oops! You're right. Guess the old grey matter wasn't functioning too well on this point. I forgot about the pieces of paper forming the owl image. But collecting the coins will get you the pictures, which function as a map of sorts for going back and forth.

Go to: