judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

TGT - Curse at Twilight - Thief of Souls (CE) - VERY DISAPPOINTING

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 1, 12 12:48 PM
Sorry - I didn't know where to put this since there is no forum up for this game.

I am SO DISAPPOINTED with this game - ONLY shows up (on FULL SCREEN) as 8" x 10" on my 23" HP Monitor !!! The graphics look amazing and the music/voice-overs seem to be great as well - BUT IT'S SOOOOOOOO SMALL on my screen !! My nose is just about touching the screen !!! I don't know if there's anyway to make it bigger - but I certainly am not going to start changing screen resolutions just for 1 game so unless there's a fix for screen size, I will be passing on this !!

I was so looking forward to a great CE today, but alas, was disappointed !!!!!! Unfortunately, have to give this 5 for that reason !!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:TGT - Curse at Twilight - Thief of Souls (CE) - VERY DISAPPOINTING

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 12:52 PM
Hi there judy76073,
Have you tried unchecking the Widescreen or Fullscreen options? I have found that this works if/when I have had a similar issue.
Cheers

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 12:56 PM
Hi Judy, this is sometimes due to video settings on certain monitors. Maybe you can try adjusting the stretch/tile settings for your video card and see if it solves the problem?

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 12:57:53 PM PST

[Post New]by pumpkin6689 on Jan 1, 12 12:56 PM
I am having a really hard time finding all the pieces to that thing in the tree which I believe is going to be the lever I need

Any hints

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 12:58 PM
Hi Pumpkin6689, have you actually clicked on the lever in the tree? The hidden pieces are only visible after you click on the item and see the large version. Once you've got that showing, if you're still having trouble, the HINT button will show you where the pieces are hiding.

Also, the integrated strategy guide will show you the location of the pieces. Anything in red text can be clicked on to show an image with all the pieces marked (this goes for the hidden object items as well as the coins). There is no penalty for using the guide.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 1:01:03 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 1:03 PM
Hi there pumpkin6689,
Some of the parts in the FROG scenes are very difficult to find. There should be a list of them in your items bar at the bottom that shows you the shapes of what you need to look for. Those you have already found will be crossed off. The Hint button does work here also.
Cheers

[Post New]by GeckoFriend on Jan 1, 12 1:29 PM
I haven't found the hint button very helpful. There seems to be a very small very quick sparkle and that's it. I finally stop playing the demo because I couldn't complete one of the frog scenes.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jan 1, 12 1:39 PM
I have a HP 23" screen and it filled up every bit of it. Is your resolution set correctly?

I enjoyed this game, but do agree FRAG parts can be hard to spot. I'll give it another try when the SE comes out.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 1:40 PM
Hi there GeckoFriend,
You do have to be observant with the Help!! However, as ShazPG has already indicated, the location of the parts are shown in the Strategy Guide if that helps.
Cheers

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 1:45 PM
It starts as a trail of sparkles FROM the hint button, that moves out into the screen to the item it's directing you to, then you'll get sparkles appearing around the item for a couple of seconds. Unfortunately, the direction it goes in is a bit hard to see on lighter screens (ie, the back yard).

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 1, 12 2:25 PM
Hello everyone. I just wanted to add that I am playing the game using a Full Screen monitor and it displays just fine. I also am really enjoying the game. They have done a fine job of throwing in a wide variety of game play without it being a mess. Good job Devs!

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 1, 12 4:25 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there judy76073,
Have you tried unchecking the Widescreen or Fullscreen options? I have found that this works if/when I have had a similar issue.
Cheers

Yes, I did that - made no difference whatsoever. I guess everyone's computers are different and for whatever reason, I am having a major problem with this one. Oh well - will now keep checking everyday for the next "Grim Tales" which was supposed to be out this past week - but wasn't - maybe this week !!

In the meantime - I wish everybody a wonderful, safe, happy & healthy 2012 - now, gonna settle in and wait for my home-made pizza (ham, salami, mushroom, onion, shrimp & tomato) !! WOO-HOO !!

[Post New]by Amaranthia_Grl on Jan 1, 12 6:49 PM
judy76073, I think there is one last thing to try. My husband had the same problem and he changed his screen resolution to 1024x768 before playing the game. This made the game expand nicely in full-screen mode.

Usually when a game goes into full screen mode, the game changes the resolution automatically, but it looks like this isn't happening on your computer.

Shrimp pizza? Yum!!!

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 6:50:18 PM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 6:57 PM
I would also suggest you contact BFG Customer Support via the green envelope on the right. I've had MANY games that don't go fullscreen when you check the option (the images stay the same size, and black borders fill the rest of the screen) - particularly on my son's laptop. In our case, it's always been fixed by adjusting the stretch/tile settings for the display. I bet Customer Support has helped hundreds of people with problems like this. They can ask you very specific questions and get you to run a Dr Felix and send them specific info about your computer to help resolve the problem.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 6:59:18 PM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 1, 12 8:06 PM
I didn't have exactly this same problem, but, I did have a problem with the resolutions. When I tried to open the game I got a message box that informed me I'd have to change the resolutions before the game would play. So I didn't have to wonder what the problem was. I just had to change the resolutions myself. This is only about the third game that has not automatically changed the resolutions in all the games I've purchased from BFGs. I don't usually like to bother with a game that I have to change manually, however, I really like this game. After changing the resolutions to 1024X768 the demo played fine and I have purchased the game.
BK

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 2, 12 11:33 AM
Hi fishies,

Now that we've got a Game Forum for this title, I'll be moving this thread over to our Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition Forum.

If you're experiencing any technical issues with this game, please let us know by posting in the 'Tech Issues' thread and by contacting our Tech Support team.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that we have an official 'Reviews' thread stickied at the top this Game Forum, and ask that you post any reviews for this game in that thread only. If you were just looking to chat with other fishies about this game, please feel free to visit the 'Comments' thread.

Finally, if you're looking for game hints, we'd encourage you to start a new thread in this Game Forum by clicking on the 'Create New Discussion' button.

To keep things tidy in this Game Forum, I'll be locking this thread, but please feel free to re-post your thoughts in one of the above threads.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Go to: