bfgFlounder
9,711 Posts

Reviews for Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 1, 12 2:38 PM
After being summoned to a mysterious manor, you must unravel the story of an ancient evil and discover your destiny before it's too late in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls! Unlock memories from the past and solve intricate puzzles to break the webs of a curse. Explore a magical world beyond your imagination that has been waiting for you to save it. Experience Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls, a stunning Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 1:40:02 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,153 Posts

Re:Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 2:48 PM
Well, its nice to see the forum for this game up and running - better late than never.
Any chance that the posts in CCC and the Technical Forum regarding this game can be transferred across so that we don't have to repeat the same information?

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
581 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 3:02 PM
I can not wait for the review forum this game is fantastic with a nice twist on the HOS.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,153 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 3:15 PM
Hi Spiritdog,
The developers are better known for the Aveyond series - and other games.
Cheers

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
670 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 3:15 PM
Hi Spiritdog51, to "let go" of an item, just click on the background - in most cases, if it's not used in the right place, it'll just return to the tray.

Amaranth Games is the creator of A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets and a good number of Aveyond games, plus some time management/strategy games. There's a "More Games" button on the title screen where you can see them all, and they're all right here on BFG

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Jan 1, 12 3:31 PM
Baugt the game after playing the dem0. Couldn't wait for the forum to open.I have been playing for almost 3 hrs.Ran into a problem though,which i will post in the tech issues when it opens.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
871 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jan 1, 12 3:43 PM
Thanks DragonLadyOz and ShazPG for the developer's information for this new CE!! I will probably buy this CE game if it's the same developer as A Gypsy's Tale.... I loved that game!!!

Does anyone know... is this more of an adventure-type game also? Thanks again.

PS: Happy New Year!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 1, 12 3:47 PM
I could only use the rock once in the yard. When I started the game again, there were only 6 pieces to be picked up. When I started a third time, I could only use the rock once again. Very disappointing way to start a game.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 3:47:31 PM PST

[Post New]by fiestygrl1 on Jan 1, 12 3:47 PM
Had a weird glitch in which some of the pieces of the rock and the lever weren't on my screen. Hubby was playing at the same time and he found them but they weren't on my screen. I couldn't continue since I can't finish those items to move on. Not sure what is up with that but it does look like a very cool game.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,803 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 1, 12 3:51 PM
Fortunatus, it is more of an adventure-type game.

Penguin29
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jan 1, 12 4:01 PM
This game goes in my top 5 favs. Fantastic. Good mix of everything

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
581 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 4:06 PM
I love this game, no problems during the demo, everything work fine with me.

But then again rarely have problems with the games I download and play.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 4:06:47 PM PST

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 1, 12 4:06 PM
So far I'm very disappointed in this game. I found the pieces of the stone after reinstalling the game and found that (spoiler) you have to use the rock on the RIGHT eye first and then the left eye.

Now, however, I'm looking for the lever and there's a piece not there according to the guide. Never, ever have I had problems like this with any game on this site. Won't be buying this one until the bugs are fixed.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 4:08:38 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,153 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 4:10 PM
Hi there cottoncandy,
There seem to be a few people who have missing pieces of this item. Have you tried the HINT button? You need to watch where it ends to see what it is indicating.
Cheers.

[Post New]by fiestygrl1 on Jan 1, 12 4:18 PM
Dragonlady, I did try the hint and all it did was point towards the rock and not where to find the missing pieces. I hope they debug this because it has potential.
Thanks!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,439 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 1, 12 4:19 PM

I played the whole sample game but I won't be buying.

I knew I would probably not enjoy it as much as other recent similar games just as soon as I saw the stone pieces you need to find in the first object hunt because the pieces were both not integrated realistically into the scene and they just plain looked wierdly unnatural.

The rest of the game had better graphics (except the gem pieces) but still not my cup o' tea.

I did appreciate the scene brightness slide option, however. And I had no technical problems or glitches.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 1, 12 4:22 PM
Edit: fixed it. Some of these items are so precise when you click on them it's like pixel hunting.

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 4:11:14 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
581 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 4:30 PM
I finished the demo at the cave power box game, still not problems with the game i found so far everything I needed until that point.

I like the game and I am playing on hard mode.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jan 1, 12 4:51 PM
Although I bought the game and finished the demo at this point I can only review what was in the demo.

Graphics: Good and with the addition of the slider bar even better. Good idea devs!

Map: Excellent-love being able to hop back and forth. Another good idea devs.

Tasks: Good idea because now you know if you still have to do something in an area. I am not overly fond of a journal/log book unless it stores clues for a puzzle/minigame. There is no book in this game-just the SG.

Coins: Another nice addition that aids in completing the map. Almost like finding morphing objects (but they do not morph).

Music: OK I guess but then I always turn it down anyway.

Strategy Guide: Useful as it does give pictures and instructions.

HOS: Well done and in some scenes you do have to complete something extra for some of the items.

All in all I am satisfied with my purchase and feel it is well worth the money. The only complaint I have at this time is the full downloadable version (what you buy) was not available when I bought the game. Same problem BFG had with a recent CE. Hope they fix it fast.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,153 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 5:17 PM
Hi there KBEAR2045,
Maybe you have the full version.
The Trial for this game is a 60 minute one and not a Sample, so perhaps the trial downloads the full game and does not need to be downloaded again after purchase.
Have you played further than the hour's worth?
Cheers

Go to: