bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 1, 12 2:38 PM
Welcome to Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Welcome to Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 7:36 PM
Hi bfgFlounder,
Any chance of "official" Reviews or Technical Problems threads being added to this forum soon?
A number of posters here would like to see these up and running so they can use them and not be "tidied up" (aka Locked) once they are available.
Cheers

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 1, 12 7:56 PM
Hey BfgFlounder--What in heck happened to all the posts (including my review) that were in the previous Comments thread? (B4 you started any "official" lineup--thanks to D-L-Oz, at least we had somewhere to go earlier today!). Wish I'd have known you guys would just dump that thread into the Recycle Bin! Any way you can retrieve that info?

Regards, elldee

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 1, 12 8:00 PM
Looks like everyone is out today. Happy New Year to everyone. Anyway, a game by Amaranth. They have given us other games in the past. This game is a combination FROG, HOG, and many puzzles. You are going to be traveling so get your walking shoes. Generally, I like the game. An interesting storyline. I must admit I did not like it in the beginning, but grew to like it as I played. This is a rather long game. Graphics are clear and allow you to adjust the brightness. The HOG piles are decent. I found the FROGS very difficult as well as locating the coins and I have a rather large monitor. So, good luck if you have a small one. You should take notes because you are going to have to travel back to places you have traveled before. It is probably best if this is played within a relatively short period of time or you will probably forget where items are located. There are two levels and it began with voice and then stopped. Why? I have no idea. Not certain if it rates a CE rating, but it is rather long, graphics are clear, puzzles are medium in difficulty. It is up to you. I am on the fence on this one.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Review

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 1, 12 9:55 PM
From the creators of the Aveyond series of games comes a mixture of fragmented and interactive hidden object games.

Lovely clear graphics, which are a bit dark, but you can adjust the brightness.
Choice of casual and expert modes (no sparkles).
Voice overs are OK with lovely music and excellent sound affects.

Each scene contains a few coins to find. Once found they transform into a teleport location on your map. I've been playing for 6 hours and have found 20 of the 28 locations noted on the map. Special CE keys can be earned throughout the game, and these open locks exclusive to this CE edition.

This game is heavy on the FROGs, which suits me better, and I'm enjoying the game. Well done all.

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Jan 2, 12 7:27 AM
I Like the game BUT my computer keeps frashing and when I go back to my manager it tells me that I still have 60 Minuites left. and when I go back to the game it'a not saved

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Jan 2, 12 7:49 AM
I searched for this thread all day yesterday and never could find it.

The sound in mine also just quit, but started up again by restarting the game. Nice mix of HOG and FROG. It has voice over, but don't be surprised if all sound suddenly stops. I found one of the voices a bit irritating anyway. Just exit and restart the game. The CE play is integrated throughout the game and not the end. Puzzles were not that difficult, but I played in casual mode. Graphics are intricate and crisp and fill the screen nicely. Personally, I don't like the objectives to be spelled out even before my mind can get in gear, but maybe that's because I played in Casual mode. There's a separate tab at the bottom if I want to access them. The offer to adjust the brightness level at the beginning is a nice touch.

All said, I enjoyed the game. You get your money's worth here.

[Post New]by granmanana on Jan 2, 12 10:37 AM
I love this game but I am up at the lookout and I can't get the shears to work on anything. What am I doing wrong?

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 1:17 PM
@granmanana, for some reason it's not detecting that you're holding the shears. If you return to the menu, quit the game, then start it again, you will be able to cut the roses and the vines.

[Post New]by robe738 on Jan 3, 12 8:14 AM
I cannot find the last scroll to get the lever!!! Can anyone help?

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 3, 12 1:21 PM
The last scroll? I'm not sure I understand. There are 3 pieces of paper in the front yard, and 3 in the back yard. When you find them all, you will get a picture that you use to complete a puzzle later.

To get the lever, click on the owl to chase him away. Then click on the lever so the large version of it opens up and you can see the pieces in the banner at the bottom of the screen. Then find the pieces - there should be 4, and they are only visible while that large version of the lever is open. Remember that - you MUST have the "close-up" version open in order to find the pieces. When it's open, the hint will direct you to the pieces. When it's closed, the hint will just direct you to click on the object to open that close-up version.

The strategy guide also shows the location of all the pieces. It will be on the second or third page of chapter 1 in the guide. Look for the text that talks about finding the lever fragments, and click on the red part of the text.

aquamaid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Welcome to Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by aquamaid on Jan 5, 12 3:49 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

aquamaid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aquamaid on Jan 5, 12 3:52 PM
This is the best game so far with so many different games to play. This was so beautiful. Please give us more games like these so worth the money. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

[Post New]by aknugget on Jan 13, 12 10:56 AM
I cannot find the last keystone.....help?

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 13, 12 12:56 PM
Welcome to the forum, aknugget.

There are several threads on this already, listing the location of the 6 silver keys and 6 silver locks. If you have a silver key in inventory, you just need to find the one lock that you still haven't unlocked.

Key locations:
- Workshop - hanging on the wall
- Treehouse - leaning against the tree trunk
- Grandma's Kitchen - on the rocking chair
- Butcher's house - in the armoire
- Lookout - in the glass coffin
- Grand Room - in the fireplace

Lock locations:
- Manor back yard - hole in tree trunk
- Storeroom - mouse hole
- Hallow Hills - pile of wood
- Grandma's shed - toolbox
- Town Square - trash pile
- Lost Graveyard - crypt

If you've unlocked all the locks and just didn't get the keystone, one of those lock locations will be sparkling if you're playing on Casual mode. If you're playing on Difficult mode, you'll just have to click on each one to see which will open a puzzle for you.

[Post New]by nanajane10 on Jan 13, 12 1:03 PM
i can't get the screws out of the electric lock, the chisel keeps going back to inventory, can anyone help.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 13, 12 2:06 PM
I answered your question in the other thread. You use the chisel to break the chunk of ice in the front yard of the manor. Then you use the screwdriver to remove the screws.

To make things easier to find, you can always create a new thread for "stuck in the game" type questions. Then you don't have to post in multiple places

[Post New]by nanajane10 on Jan 14, 12 5:43 AM
ShazPG wrote:The last scroll? I'm not sure I understand. There are 3 pieces of paper in the front yard, and 3 in the back yard. When you find them all, you will get a picture that you use to complete a puzzle later.

To get the lever, click on the owl to chase him away. Then click on the lever so the large version of it opens up and you can see the pieces in the banner at the bottom of the screen. Then find the pieces - there should be 4, and they are only visible while that large version of the lever is open. Remember that - you MUST have the "close-up" version open in order to find the pieces. When it's open, the hint will direct you to the pieces. When it's closed, the hint will just direct you to click on the object to open that close-up version.

The strategy guide also shows the location of all the pieces. It will be on the second or third page of chapter 1 in the guide. Look for the text that talks about finding the lever fragments, and click on the red part of the text.

[Post New]by happipudikat on Jan 20, 12 3:36 PM
love the game. but in hidden garden can't get bricks, made 5 bricks only one came out of mold, would like to move on. thanks so much

[Post New]by lynndeeb on Feb 11, 12 12:23 PM
in grandma's shed, have unlocked the toolbox, playing the HOS where your pairing up objects that go together.... but got stuck trying to pair the violin with the violin stick, the chick with the egg, the rake with the brush and the whetstone with the blade. when i try to drag the object it keeps going back down to the list. verrrry frustrating. help?

Edited on 02/11/2012 at 12:25:02 PM PST

Go to: