jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Lever to open gate in tree

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Jan 1, 12 4:32 PM
I am trying to put the lever in the slot for the bars in the bottom of the tree, but it won't go in. Its so early in the game and Im already having problems! Anyone?

Re:Lever to open gate in tree

[Post New]by Amaranthia_Grl on Jan 1, 12 4:59 PM
Make sure to click the slot on the tree. the slot is to the left of the bars.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 1, 12 6:46 PM
jerseyd1 wrote:I am trying to put the lever in the slot for the bars in the bottom of the tree, but it won't go in. Its so early in the game and Im already having problems! Anyone?

I had the same problem, which came after I could not the #3 switch on the gas meter to move (so I skipped puzzle), so I uninstalled and redownloaded the game and everything has been fine.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 7:15 PM
Oh - are you trying to put the lever into the bars themselves? It doesn't go there. On the tree trunk there's a small slot - left of the bars. Click on that to open a window. The lever goes in there.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Jan 1, 12 8:11 PM
cbtx wrote:
jerseyd1 wrote:I am trying to put the lever in the slot for the bars in the bottom of the tree, but it won't go in. Its so early in the game and Im already having problems! Anyone?

I had the same problem, which came after I could not the #3 switch on the gas meter to move (so I skipped puzzle), so I uninstalled and redownloaded the game and everything has been fine.

I had the same two problems the first time I tried to play the game. I too, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, then it ran smoothly.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 1, 12 10:11 PM
Had the same problem with the lever, it just would not do anything. I closed the game in disgust then hours later thought I would try it one more time. I did work after the shutdown.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Jan 2, 12 9:59 AM
ShazPG wrote:Oh - are you trying to put the lever into the bars themselves? It doesn't go there. On the tree trunk there's a small slot - left of the bars. Click on that to open a window. The lever goes in there.

No. I tried for the slot to the left. Anyway, I uninstalled, redownloaded, and it worked.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Jan 2, 12 10:10 AM
cbtx wrote:

Thanks, that did the trick!

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jan 2, 12 10:19 AM
I tried for twenty minutes to get that lever into that damnable slot. It just would not fit in there. I ended up clicking every particle of the slot in the hopes that somehow I would hit the right area and be able to progress with the game. The lever finally went in, but I couldn't tell you what I did right that time as opposed to all the others.

This, for me, was a deal-breaker. It's an interesting game and I'd like to see how it ends up, but--TWENTY MINUTES?! And no way to skip past the problem?

Yeah, no.

Go to: