FAQ: how to pick up the rock

[Post New]by Amaranthia_Grl on Jan 1, 12 6:32 PM
A few people got stuck at the beginning with the rock, so I wanted to make sure everyone knows how do this, since it's a new type of HOG mechanic.

1. Click on the rock. This opens a mini window with the rock. Notice the rock pieces at the bottom of the screen. These are the pieces that you have to find. When these are visible, so are the pieces that you have to find in the scene.

2. While the rock mini window is open, search the scene for the pieces of the rock. When you've found all of the pieces, you get the rock.

3. Please note that if you close the rock mini window, the pieces of the rock that are left in the scene become invisible until you re-open the rock mini window to find them.

I hope this helps everyone understand this new way of getting some items!

~Amanda, the crazy designer who wanted to try something different

(okay, these emoticons are way too much fun!!!)

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:FAQ: how to pick up the rock

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 6:45 PM
Hi Amanda,
I hadn't even thought that people would be trying to find the fragmented object parts without having the item open.
I'm sure this will help to relieve a lot of angst out there about this.
(I thought your name sounded fishy!!).
Cheers
PS. Great job with this game. I had a blast.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 6:49:25 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 6:54 PM
Interesting enough that is the first thing I try to do with the rock too, pick it up and try to use it, even when the window opened and I saw the pieces in the bottom I was still trying to click on the rock over and over again.

Until I got it.

I tell you sometimes Is just trial an error, but it does add some more challenge to the games.

So I try no to get too frustrated.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 6:54:51 PM PST

[Post New]by Amaranthia_Grl on Jan 1, 12 6:59 PM
marg6043 wrote:Interesting enough that is the first thing I try to do with the rock too, pick it up and try to use it, even when the window opened and I saw the pieces in the bottom I was still trying to click on the rock over and over again.

Until I got it.

I tell you sometimes Is just trial an error, but it does add some more challenge to the games.

So I try no to get too frustrated.

You've just given me an idea, marg6043! I've played the game so many times that I'd forgotten that this part might not be intuitive. When the update comes out, I'll add a little something to get anyone confused back on track.

Thank you for being so helpful to everyone, DragonLadyOz. You've saved me many posts!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 7:07 PM
Amaranthia_Grl, is nice to be of help. I think the game is great, it just take sometime to get use to it just like other games.

But I also understand that some can get frustrated, I have been there and done that many times, but if the games is good enough I just find my way regardless after taking some time off.

And if i still can not get it, I just find some help is nothing wrong with that. is nice to have somebody like you ready to help.

Thanks.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 7:10:39 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 7:09 PM
Hi there again Amaranthia_Grl,
The reason I didn't think about people closing the object to find the pieces is because there are other games out there that use the same fragmented mechanism, but the objects are still visible if you close it and you simply drag the newly found one to "the spot" to add it.
I generally keep the object open until I have (stubbornly ) found all of the parts, so I didn't notice the difference with how it worked in this game.
Maybe the only thing that really needs more explanation is the fact that the parts are only visible when the object is open.
Cheers

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jan 2, 12 3:59 PM
Thanks for the explanation. Great game!

Go to: