DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments post for Curse at Twilight Version 2

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 7:00 PM
Hi there,
I know that I have posted this earlier on, but thought I would start this up again anyway!!
Others with more expertise than I will post proper reviews in the official forum, but having completed this excellent (and rather long game), I would like to add a few thoughts on the CE edition.
First let me start with a warning (highlight) > a fish and a vegetable are both sacrificed to make soup in one of the chapters and you are required to chop them both with a knife!!
Sorry if some of you feel this is flippant, but honestly, this is about as bad as it gets in this game.
The developers (Amaranth) seemed to have noted all of the wishes and/or likes from the various H0/Adv games and have successfully managed to incorporate them into this game - FROG, Interactive H0 scenes etc - along with the fantasy cuteness factor of their Aveyond games (especially in the final section of the game).
I played on the Expert mode - and there was no assistance in finding H0 scenes etc, so you will need to check every nook and cranny (the cursor is very useful here).
Collecting all of the coins in each scene will expand a map and enable you to jump to various scenes. The number required is shown at the top of each scene, along with the number of tasks required and how many you have completed which gives you an excellent idea as to whether you need to return to any of the scenes again - and there is a lot of running around (though the active map helps at times).
The extra chapter is integrated within the game once you have located the gold key and you do not have to access it from the main menu. You will also collect and use various CE Keys for locks that enable you to complete extra tasks within the game. Great idea as far as I am concerned, as supposedly all players will have the same ending and not feel "ripped off".
How this will be handled in the SE version will be interesting.
And some of the simplest tasks are quite challenging - good luck with the eyebrows when you get to them.
A really good way to start off your gaming for 2012, even if it is a CE.
Edited to fix the incorrect information about the extra chapter - thanks ShazPG
And please read the FAQ post about picking up the Fragmented Items started by Amanda from Amaranth Games.
Cheers

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Comments post for Curse at Twilight Version 2

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 1, 12 8:03 PM
The demo time went too fast with this game. I didn't want to stop playing when it ran out. That is the sign of a good game to me.

At first, I wasn't sure that I really liked the gameplay style with the fragmented objects, but the more I played, the more I enjoyed it. The map that allows you to "jump" from place to place is great because I hate to backtrack through several scenes.

The H0 scenes were done very well. They were not the same old items and most were very visible without being too easy. I like the way the developer included many of the "hunt" for items in the total scene itself - example, the nails.

I am very curious about the way the locks on the CE sections work. It appears to be a very unique feature of this game as a CE. This game is at the top of my list as the one CE that I will buy this month.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 8:09 PM
hi mcurty, glad you're liking the game so far!

The locks on CE sections indicate bonus content that's a part of the game as you play through - these won't be there in the SE. Most of them are puzzles, but the gold one unlocks a whole bonus area to explore This bonus area is a part of the game, rather than an additional chapter that you access from the menu after completing the game.

[Post New]by moonwalker97478 on Jan 2, 12 12:48 AM
hi all my question is why have a guide if ya can't use it,i like the guides because they help me in difficult spots in the games so can someone help me figure out how the guide works??ty vm

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 1:03 AM
Hi moonwalker,

You can access the guide either from the Bonus Content on the main menu, or by clicking on the Strategy Guide tab in the lower right corner of the screen (make sure there's nothing attached to the mouse). That will give you images for each chapter of the game. Figure out what chapter you're in and click on the appropriate image. That will give you the walkthrough for that area - just click the arrows to go back and forth between the pages.

Any red text you see, you can click on to get an image - these will show you where the coins are in each area, or where all the pieces are for the hidden items. Once you've been to the guide once, it'll remember what page you're on, and will take you back there next time. To go to a different chapter, click on the Chapter Select button.

I think that's about it, but if you still can't get it to work, let us know what you're doing and what's happening, and we can give you more specific help

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 2, 12 1:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming by to let you know that as this looks like a duplicate thread, I'm going to go ahead and lock it to avoid any confusion, but please feel free to re-post your comment and continue the conversation in the other Comments thread over Here.

Thanks and Happy New Year everyone !
bfgKenai

Go to: