Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

technical problems

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jan 1, 12 8:30 PM
Well, it seems that there are posts about technical problems in at least three locations, so I'll just start a thread.

I thought this game was fun until I lost the screwdriver (which is supposed to reappear in your inventory) while catching the mouse. Since I can't move on, I just deleted the game since I figured it would take days to get a response from BFG since it's a holiday.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:technical problems

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 8:37 PM
Hi Lucy,
I also used the screwdriver as a support for the mousetrap, but did you also add the last ingredient - the cheese?
Once you have caught the mouse, you can retrieve the screwdriver or chisel.
Cheers

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jan 1, 12 8:40 PM
Thanks, DLO: I did put the cheese in, but didn't get the screwdriver back, even though the mouse was in my inventory. Too bad. I liked all the different stuff the devs had put in the game!

Hope you have had a good 1st (despite the heat). We've had snow and freezing rain, so I just stayed at home!

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 8:43:27 PM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 8:45 PM
Hi Lucy, the screwdriver certainly should come back into your inventory after you catch the mouse. Is it possible that you were using the chisel to prop open the mouse trap instead? The chisel comes from the storeroom, on the wooden box. The screwdriver is obtained from the block of ice in the front yard of the manor.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 11:50:55 PM PST

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jan 1, 12 8:58 PM
You do use the chisel on the mousetrap and it comes back. You have to go to the front of the manor to use the chisel to obtain the screwdriver. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by Holkis on Jan 2, 12 1:23 AM
I am on the last but one level and i have put my mud into the bricks and it has only given me one brick. All the other moulds still show the mud in them but it will not give me the other 4 that i need. How do i rectify this??? Please help x

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 1:28 AM
Holkis, this is a bug in the game. If you have not gone to another area yet and not gone back to the menu, just close your game (alt-f4), then load it again. You'll have to repeat a few steps, but you'll be able to get all 5 bricks.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jan 2, 12 6:39 AM
KBEAR2045 wrote:You do use the chisel on the mousetrap and it comes back. You have to go to the front of the manor to use the chisel to obtain the screwdriver. Hope this helps.

I downloaded the game again to be sure that I had found the screwdriver, which was still enshrined in ice in the front yard. Sorry...my bad, but thanks for the help! I may actually get the game now....

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 12:41 PM
That's great Lucy! Glad you can keep playing

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 2, 12 1:17 PM
Hi fishies!

Since we now have a stickied 'Technical Issues' thread at the top of this Game Forum, I'll be locking this thread to keep things tidy in here. Please feel free to re-post your issue in the above thread.

Also, if you'd like one of our Customer Support reps to take a closer look at this with you, just click on the green to the right of the page, and then on the 'Contact Us' link that you'll find at the bottom left of the following page.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Go to: