tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

How do I get to the Pier?

[Post New]by tizza on Jan 1, 12 11:36 PM
Once I complete the cell room, I have to get to the Pier before going to the cavern and the waterfall. I can only find the cavern entrance from the Cell Room. How do I get to the Pier? Help please.
This is a really unusual game and I would like to thank the devs. for making such an intriguing style of gameplay. Also, thank you for the brightness option!
Tizza

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:How do I get to the Pier?

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 11:46 PM
Hi Tizza,

from the cell, go down to get back to the hallway. Did you give the ring to the ghost? That should have taken you back to the manor. You'll need to do that first, and place the vase back on the mantle, before you can get the skull shape that will unlock the door to the Pier.

If you collect the coins in all the locations, you can also use your map to move quickly from one area to another

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 11:46:49 PM PST

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by tizza on Jan 2, 12 12:08 AM
Sorry, but I'm still confused.
Where is the ring? What mantle? Vase?
I have picked up all the coins. There are none missing. But the map does not show a Pier photo. I think I am having a 'foggy brain' day.
Tizza (thanking you in Advance)

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 12:18 AM
Sounds like you're getting ahead of yourself. When you say you've "completed the cell room", what have you done? What do you still have in inventory?

Perhaps the strategy guide will be of help to you - lower right corner of the screen, just above the hint button. There's no penalty for using it.

However, I'll be around for a while, so if you can give details of what you did last, I can help you out from there

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by tizza on Jan 2, 12 12:38 AM
You ARE a very nice person!
I have matches, an emerald and a cage in inventory.
I used the nails and hammer on the planks I found in the yard. I repaired the bridge in the cavern. I then found the area behind the waterfall and entered.
Have found the coins in the storeroom.
Have now found the glass jar/vase with the ring inside.
However, when I access the SG it goes straight from the Dungeon to the Pier chapter. Is something missing from the SG? Or most likely, I am missing something?
Yours in confusion, Tizza

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 12:48 AM
In the SG, you can see an image for each chapter. So you're still in the Secret Cavern chapter. Click on that, then there are arrows at the bottom to go through each page for that chapter.

So you have the cage - that must have come from the shelf in the storeroom? Pop that in front of the mouse hole (click on the sack of grain to move it if you haven't already). Then click on the barrel and find the pieces, take the cheese from the barrel. Put either the chisel (from the storeroom) or the screwdriver (from the chunk of ice in the front yard) onto the mouse trap, then put the cheese in. Once the mouse is caught, pick it up and click on the mouse hole to do a puzzle. Then you'll need the screwdriver and the crystal you get from the mouse hole to unlock the door on the right side of the storeroom.

Good luck with all that Hopefully you can find the right place in the guide to keep you going from there.

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by tizza on Jan 2, 12 1:15 AM
Thank you!
I usually try not to use the SG and of course, I end up falling flat on my face! This time, when I finally did look, I made the mistake of only looking at the chapter 'title' pages and not the pages that followed after each initial page.
Duh-oh! Move over Homer Simpson!
Thank you so much for taking me through step by step.
Tizza

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 1:20 AM
You're welcome I hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

[Post New]by Amaranthia_Grl on Jan 2, 12 10:05 AM
Happy adventuring, tizza!

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 10:05:43 AM PST

Go to: