Planks for bridge - one plank missing

[Post New]by Sunshineday1 on Jan 2, 12 7:54 AM
I can't find the last plank. I've been over the screen again and again and can't locate it. It's the straight piece. I have all the others. Can someone tell me where it is.

Re:Planks for bridge - one plank missing

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Jan 2, 12 8:05 AM
Is it the thin piece when you're collecting the pieces? It should be somewhere on the upper left corner. You can always use the hint bottle while the board parts are displayed on the bottom bar to get the location of the pieces.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 12:54 PM
Is this the plank for the bridge, or for the hull of the ship? For the bridge, you don't have to find them - you just have to cut the chains and pick them up. You pick up all planks in one action.

imagramma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by imagramma on Jan 7, 12 2:22 PM
I finally found the small plank piece in the top of the small tree, getting three complete planks. Then the guide says to go to the Dungeon and place four planks on the partial bridge. Where do I find the fourth plank?

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 7, 12 3:07 PM
I think there's a little confusion with these planks.

For the bridge in the dungeon, you need the chain cutters, you cut the chain, and you pick up the planks. You obtain all 4 planks at once - you don't have to search for pieces or planks in the scene.

For the ship's hull (at the Pier), you need to use the axe on the one remaining plank to cut it into 3. Then you click on them, and that's when you have to find the 8 pieces hidden in the scene. Once you do, you obtain 3 planks for the ship.

It sounds like you're looking at the wrong section of the strategy guide. Click on Chapter Select, choose The Pier, and you'll see it should say to return to the ship and use the planks to repair the hull.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 7, 12 5:30 PM
Part of the problem here may be that people are looking at the graphic in the inventory tab, but not noticing the number 4/4. There are only 3 boards showing in the graphic, but all four boards are there, as indicated by 4/4.

Edited on 01/07/2012 at 5:30:37 PM PST

Go to: