KEY

KEY

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Jan 2, 12 12:47 PM
IM SUPPOSE TO PICK UP A KEY at the tree house.outside ...there isnt one there has anyone else had this problem?

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:KEY

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 2, 12 1:26 PM
There's no key OUTSIDE the tree house. There's one INSIDE, and you use it on the lock on the pile of wood.

When it's talking about INSIDE the tree house, the SG calls it "Tree House". When it's talking about the OUTSIDE, it calls it "Hallow Hills". These are the location names that you can see at the top of the screen when you're in each area.

[Post New]by harley2000 on Jan 3, 12 5:47 AM
There was no silver key in the "bull head" cabinet. I picked up the snow globe. I have the bronze key. It's time to unlock the silver lock in the trash can but I don't have the key. Where is it?

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Jan 3, 12 5:56 AM
That's strange. The CE Silver Key should've been one level down from the cleaver block in the cabinet. Perchance you've taken it to unlock one of the other Silver Locks? There's a list of them in this topic:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/193606.page

[Post New]by moonwalker97478 on Jan 3, 12 12:24 PM
hiya everyone.I think i goofed,at the beginning of the game i played a HOS in the back yard of the manor
& some where shortly i used a silver key to open that same lock.i didn't get the keystone out of the hole in the tree.Now i'm supposed to open that same lock & take the keystone,only there is no lock to open.what do i do??? Thank you very much,moonwalker

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 3, 12 1:02 PM
Have you checked all the locations with locks to make sure you've opened all of them? You probably just missed one of them.

Here is a list of the key and lock locations.

Key locations:
- hanging on the wall in the workshop
- leaning against the tree trunk in the tree house
- on grandma's rocking chair in the cottage
- in the armoire in the butcher's house
- in the glass coffin at the lookout
- in the embers of the fireplace in the manor grand room

Keystone locations:
- hole in tree in manor back yard
- mouse hole in storeroom
- pile of wood beside scarecrow in Hallow Hills
- toolbox in shed at the woodland cottage
- junk pile in Scarecrow Alley
- crypt in lost graveyard

[Post New]by oliviasmom01 on Jan 3, 12 2:40 PM
I think the key youre refering to in the cabinet is the one in the
lock...you will get a can of oil later in the game and then go back and oil the lock and it will give you the key

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Jan 3, 12 2:47 PM
Incorrect. That key is for a different purpose. The CE Silver Key is one shelf level below the key you are mentioning.

[Post New]by fondarae on Jan 4, 12 7:19 PM
ok , I got the 1st silver key and used it on the fence gate in the yard. Now it says I need it to unlock the mouse hole..... and I no longer have it ????? HELP

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 4, 12 7:36 PM
Don't worry. You will get 6 silver keys throughout the game, and there are 6 silver locks. You don't have to unlock them in any order.

The lock on the gate is a gold one, and you'll need a gold key for it. You'll only get that after you have obtained and used the 6 silver keys.

[Post New]by jsdykstra on Feb 20, 12 11:05 AM
I did the pirate ship and placed the painting on the wall in the main hall, before returning to the treehouse. I returned and there is NO silver key sitting on the trunk! so I can't get the 3rd keystone. Will it appear later?

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Feb 20, 12 2:34 PM
Based on what you've said, you have used up the key at the Treehouse to get the second keystone, so you'll have to get other silver keys to get the third keystone.

[Post New]by jsdykstra on Feb 21, 12 12:01 PM
Thanks aislingyngaio, I think you're right

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Feb 28, 12 7:50 PM
Rubbish.
The strategy guide clearly says there is a key inside the tree house near the floor by the tree, directly below the mask. Either that, or I'm even more blind than I think I am. It was not there at the end of that chapter, and I went back several times later to look for it, thinking maybe something else would trigger it. Nada.
To me, it looks like the SG is wrong. That is appallingly careless of the developers.
Did I get all the silver keys? I got the bronze and gold, so I guess so.
Is there a glitch because I was finishing a game started in free mode? Beats me.
I'll play it again and keep track of where I got silver keys, but right now I think the SG is wrong, and I don't appreciate paying extra for a bad SG.

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Feb 28, 12 8:30 PM
The key will be there the moment you are able to enter the treehouse - without the need to trigger anything - so perhaps you picked it up without realising? Did it not appear in that spot in subsequent playthroughs (when you started a new game)?

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Feb 28, 12 10:33 PM
@sarah451, the SG is correct.

That key is in a VERY obvious spot, and it's likely that most players will pick it up long before the SG tells them to (and obviously then, when they get to that point in the SG, it will no longer be there).

There are 6 silver keys and 6 silver locks. Any key can open any lock, and you can collect the keys, and unlock the locks, in any order. However, if you DO have the gold key, as you say, and you've unlocked the gate in the back yard, then you DID collect all 6 keys, as you cannot get the gold key otherwise.

If you do still have a set of silver chains waiting to be unlocked, I suggest you go through the list of locations posted by orchidna, and I suspect you'll find a key that you didn't pick up when you were there previously.

About your SG comments ... please take care when making accusations like that. What you've said is quite hurtful, and very untrue.

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 10:44:32 PM PST

[Post New]by gazontoundra on Sep 1, 12 3:24 AM
the key on workshop is not on the wall and when I click on tips he show me the spot where is suppose to be

Edited on 09/01/2012 at 3:24:33 AM PST

Go to: