the last chapter

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

the last chapter

[Post New]by serenity7x on Jan 3, 12 9:50 AM
i have absolutely LOVED this game....but....i got all the way to the last chapter, and when i returned to the cemetery at the backyard to find a ce lock on the treehole for a hos, there was nothing there!!! i have followed the game step by step by the sg, so i couldnt have missed a step,[i double checked], but there is no chain and ce lock on the tree, and now i cant finish the game...i have everything in my inventory that i am supposed to have up to this point, so i dont understand what went wrong, unless this is a tech issue. i loved this game, and was looking foward to bonus game. i am NOT looking foward to having to start all over again, and hope that next time it will work.
is there some way to resolve this? has anyone else had this prob?
PLEASE HELP!!!
SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!

thank you in advance
serenity7x

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

Re:the last chapter

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 3, 12 9:53 AM
Are you sure you didn't already open that lock .. it was available to unlock very early in the game, and is where you get one of the keystones.

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on Jan 3, 12 10:01 AM
well, i might have, but then y dont i have 6 keystones? and i received a silver ce key from the last chapter. do you think i need to start the game over?[sure hope not!]
thank you for responding so quickly. i am desparate! do you have any other suggestions please?

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 3, 12 10:05 AM
Let me grab a list of where the keys/keystones are for you. I'll post back in a couple minutes with them. Then you can check each to make sure you've gotten all of them.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 3, 12 10:08 AM
First of all, make sure you scroll all the way through your inventory to make sure you don't still have a key in it,

Key locations:
- hanging on the wall in the workshop
- leaning against the tree trunk in the tree house
- on grandma's rocking chair in the cottage
- in the armoire in the butcher's house
- in the glass coffin at the lookout
- in the embers of the fireplace in the manor grand room

Keystone locations:
- hole in tree in manor back yard
- mouse hole in storeroom
- pile of wood beside scarecrow in Hallow Hills
- toolbox in shed at the woodland cottage
- junk pile in Scarecrow Alley
- crypt in lost graveyard

I copied this from one of Shaz's posts. I hope it helps.

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on Jan 3, 12 10:17 AM
thank you so much...i will check these in a few...but yes i have a silver ce key, that i got in the last chapter, the shovel, the matches, the scissors, and maybe something else. but i checked with the sg, and i have all the things at this time that im supposed to.[except for the last keystone!]
i will get back to you in a little while after i check for the keystones, thanks so much for your time, and quick responses!!

serenity7x

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 3, 12 11:01 AM
*EDITED AND COMBINED TWO POSTS*

You're very welcome! Best of luck finding the lock you missed

If you don't find a lock you missed, you may well have a glitch. In that case, try the following:

First of all, move out of the Manor backyard scene, and then exit to the main menu, and maybe even shut down and restart the game. That has fixed other glitches, but I don't know if it will fix a missing lock.

If that doesn't work, Shaz will be on later (she lives in Australia, so she is asleep right now), and can hopefully help you get the issue resolved. She may have you send her your savegame to try to fix if it is truly a glitch.

I surely hope you can get it resolved soon. Getting that far and then being stopped is for the awful. :s

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 11:02:54 AM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 3, 12 12:53 PM
LOL - orchidna, how do you know so much about me?

I suspect you've just missed a lock somewhere, so if you go through that list of locations, I'm pretty sure you'll find one.

I think the two that are the easiest to miss are the mouse hole in the storeroom, and the toolbox in Grandma's shed - I almost ALWAYS forget to go back and get that one!

I don't think BFG's rules for developers would allow me to go through the "send me your save game" process. But I don't think that's going to be necessary here anyway.

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 12:54:17 PM PST

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 3, 12 12:54 PM
LOL ... I'm tiniponi. I guess I should have reminded you of that.

And I had just assumed you could do that via email or PM. Sorry. :s

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 12:57:34 PM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 3, 12 12:58 PM
LOL

Now everything is clear

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on Jan 4, 12 8:12 AM
hi ladies...i havent been back in the game yet[had a lot of chores around the house!!] hard to tear myself away, but sometimes we must do what we must do!!!..lol
i am just posting to thank you both for your help, and your responding so quickly. as soon as i get back to the game, i will let you know what happened.

gratefully
serenity7x

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 4, 12 8:15 AM
Thanks, Serenity. We'll be looking forward to your report. Here's hoping you just missed one of the locks.

nlb25
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by nlb25 on Jan 4, 12 1:50 PM
Please can someone help me!!

I am having the same problem. I have unlocked all of the gates and got 5/6 of the keystones. When I go back to the cemetary there is no lock on the tree. I have done all of the previous suggestions but I am having no luck.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully revcieved

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 4, 12 2:31 PM
If you've unlocked all of them but only have 5 keystones, it means you just need to do the puzzle and get the keystone in one of the unlocked locations. Go back and visit them all again. If you're playing on Casual, you'll see sparkles in front of the one that's not complete. If you're playing on Difficult, you'll just have to click each one, to see which will open the hidden object scene.

Also look at the task count at the top of the screen. Apart from inside the manor and in the back yard, all of them should show all tasks are complete by now. If there's one that doesn't, that's where your keystone will be.

You don't have to get the keystones in any particular order, so you could well have taken the one from the tree, and not the one from another area yet. In particular, check the mouse hole in the storeroom, and the toolbox in Grandma's shed - they seem to be the two that get overlooked the most.

jeannwosu
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jeannwosu on Jan 6, 12 3:22 PM
I know its painful but I have had to start over just to put up and something I left oe forgot njn

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 6, 12 4:06 PM
Jeann, you shouldn't have had to start over. If you missed a lock or key, all you had to do was go back and get them. With the map, it is very quick and easy.

I'm truly sorry you felt you had to restart.

[Post New]by nancy78 on Jan 7, 12 11:14 AM
I have the exact same problem. I have collected all of the keys you listed, even rechecked all the locations, but am only left with a silver key. There are no chains across the hole in the tree in the backyard.
:-(

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 7, 12 11:57 AM
There must be chains across something in another area then. Even though you say you've rechecked all the locations, please go back and do them all again - make sure you're in the right place and can see those objects (some people have gotten some places mixed up with others).

[Post New]by nancy78 on Jan 7, 12 2:38 PM
I've rechecked all locations yet again, and there are no chained areas. And it says that all my tasks in each area are complete.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 7, 12 3:11 PM
I'm really sorry, as this is going to sound like I'm doubting you. But if you have a silver key, then there MUST be one lock that you haven't unlocked. It really sounds like you've gone to a wrong area somewhere. All I can suggest is that you use your map, and make sure you go to every single area looking for those chains and lock.

Is it a silver key that remains? Or a gold key? If it's a gold key (in that case you will have completed the mural puzzle on the stone wall in the back yard of the manor), then it unlocks the gate in the back yard.

Go to: