bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Ruin technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 4, 12 12:28 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Ruin technical issues here only

[Post New]by tezzzz on Jan 4, 12 6:47 AM
Love the concept of the game - but after two games i couldn't play any more because everything was too slow and jerky. Not only is the mouse pointer slow and jerky but even the leaves falling in the background are slow and jerky - anyone with a similar problem? Any help out there for this?

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 4, 12 11:18 PM
Can you please advise what the OpenAL installer was that was used in this game? I figured I had to allow it if I wanted to play, but I'm not comfortable installing something when I don't know what it is or why it's needed, especially when the game manager has always handled installations without any extras.

[Post New]by EdeTarsoly on Jan 5, 12 7:00 AM
Hello ShazPG!

OpenAL is required to have audio enabled in Ruin. Many other games use it as well, and I can assure you it is harmless.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 15, 12 12:43 PM
Played 10 minutes before I realized it was not my cup of tea. When I got back to my main screen, all my icons were shuffled. Now I've got a half hour's work to get it all back... not a happy camper.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jul 11, 12 6:06 PM
I just demoed Ruin and Experiment and am thoroughly intrigued with these two Ede Tarsoly games. The backgrounds are beautiful and the game mechanics are different and fun. I was enthralled with both! Unfortunately of the two, Ruin is hard-coded for a right-handed mouse so, leftie that I am, I was only able to play about 10 minutes before I gave up. Is there any chance that Ruin would be reprogrammed for us lefties? That would be awesome!

[Post New]by EdeTarsoly on Jul 13, 12 5:17 PM
Hi TopazMystique,

I'm the developer of both games and I thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately, I've recently updated my programming tools, and since then I had nothing but trouble with Ruin. Apparently the way this game was developed is no longer supported, and therefore creating a new version of the game is not possible anymore. I don't like it either, believe me .

However, Experiment has, and all future releases from me will have this feature.

I'm sorry I can't be of greater help with this issue.

Go to: