bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Hidden World of Art forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 18, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Hidden World of Art forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Hidden World of Art players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

magsbaby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Welcome to Hidden World of Art forum

[Post New]by magsbaby on Jan 19, 09 12:30 AM
Hi, downloaded the game 3 times yesterday and cant get it to work
Mags x

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Jan 19, 09 7:43 AM
I downloaded this game. It took almost an hour of pausing and resuming for it to finish.

I liked the game, I guess. Not one of the better HO games. I don't think I'll get this one. It seemed kind of boring.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jan 19, 09 8:38 AM
Just started playing this game, only did this because there is not much else out there to play I agree the picture is dark making it a little difficult to find some of the objects. Not a great game so far but wll give it a try.

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 19, 09 8:46 AM
Hi everyone...if you look at the thread TGT for this game...I like it, has replay value..check out the other comments. Had no issues and no glitches. Seems like a lot of thought and planning went into this game and it was just great fun.After playing some real tense games, it was just relaxing and a welcome change.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jan 19, 09 8:59 AM
Momhart wrote:I downloaded this game. It took almost an hour of pausing and resuming for it to finish.

I liked the game, I guess. Not one of the better HO games. I don't think I'll get this one. It seemed kind of boring.
Forgot to mention that I had to pause and reume several times to complete the download, this has happened on some other games as well and I only foumd out by accident that this procedure of using the pause and resume will sometimes assist with downloading some games. Does anyone know why? Also agree with your other comments, not a great game but I will play it.

[Post New]by claudius41ad on Jan 19, 09 8:59 AM
AlmostSilver wrote:Hi everyone...if you look at the thread TGT for this game...I like it, has replay value..check out the other comments. Had no issues and no glitches. Seems like a lot of thought and planning went into this game and it was just great fun.After playing some real tense games, it was just relaxing and a welcome change.

I agree. I have had no problems and it is good how the pictures get harder as you progress. It think that all of the pictures are authentic and probably appear in various art galleries.

Edited on 01/19/2009 at 9:01:41 AM PST

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jan 19, 09 9:03 AM
What I'd like to know about this game....does it resemble that other game here at BF..... 'Secrets of Great Art' ? To me, it looks to be like this game....all you do, is remove all the objects that don't belong on the Art Picture. Thanks for any info.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jan 19, 09 9:07 AM
Momhart wrote:I downloaded this game. It took almost an hour of pausing and resuming for it to finish.

Forgot to mention that I had to pause and reume several times to complete the download, this has happened on some other games as well and I only foumd out by accident that this procedure of using the pause and resume will sometimes assist with downloading some games. Does anyone know why? Also agree with your other comments, not a great game but I will play it. SORRY about duplicate mssage, Computer Problems! I think.

Edited on 01/19/2009 at 9:19:01 AM PST

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Jan 19, 09 9:27 AM
ADTech wrote:

Forgot to mention that I had to pause and reume several times to complete the download, this has happened on some other games as well and I only foumd out by accident that this procedure of using the pause and resume will sometimes assist with downloading some games. Does anyone know why? Also agree with your other comments, not a great game but I will play it.

I thought I was the only one with this problem. It happens with 4 out of every 5 games I try to download. Only on this site. I hate when there's a really cool game and it's 90,000+ KBs. A lot of times it takes me days to download some. I don't have the time to sit here for 2 hours messing with it.

I contacted CS and a nice guy named David gave me a few suggestions....none of them worked.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Jan 19, 09 10:18 AM
I liked the game! I had no problems downloading and its not the most challenging game but I think its cool.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jan 19, 09 10:37 AM
If you have the kind of download problem people have described here, it is probably because you have a dial-up connection and when your internet provider gets overloaded, they interrupt people who have been on-line (i.e, downloading) for a long time in order to be able to connect new people trying to get on. (When I complained, my dial-up provider tod me I could pay 3 times as much for uninterrupted 24-hour service if I wanted to.) We finally got DSL in our neighborhood, and since I've been using that, I've had no download problems. The only problem I have ever noticed at the Big Fish end is that when a very popular big program first gets put up, you may have to wait a bit to start downloading, because everyone jumped on the site at the same time.

FishFran
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FishFran on Jan 19, 09 11:15 AM
I like the idea of the painting theme and the variety of challenges. So far I've seen the standard list of hidden objects, a challenge list to find three items in a row, find the object by outline, find a large number of the same object (30 butterflys on one painting), find pairs of objects and spot the difference. In some painintings the objects are cleverly worked into the painting but on others they are obviouse modern objects slapped on. There are not too many of the hidden pixel type objects. My biggest question is how many paintings are there in the game. I don't want to buy the game and find out that I'm already half way done with it.

FishFran
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FishFran on Jan 19, 09 12:25 PM
ecblisa wrote:If you have the kind of download problem people have described here, it is probably because you have a dial-up connection and when your internet provider gets overloaded, they interrupt people who have been on-line (i.e, downloading) for a long time in order to be able to connect new people trying to get on. (When I complained, my dial-up provider tod me I could pay 3 times as much for uninterrupted 24-hour service if I wanted to.) We finally got DSL in our neighborhood, and since I've been using that, I've had no download problems. The only problem I have ever noticed at the Big Fish end is that when a very popular big program first gets put up, you may have to wait a bit to start downloading, because everyone jumped on the site at the same time.

I have DSL and the games from this site download way slower then they do from other sites. It took about 10 minutes for Hidden World of Art to download from here. As a comparison test I downloaded the same game from iwin and it took less then two minutes. It's not a big problem for me because I just que up everything I want to download before I leave my computer. But it is weird that some things can take 30 + minutes to download when I can download the same stuff from other sites in a few minutes. But since I like BigFish's variety of games and club plan, I put up with it.

Edited on 01/19/2009 at 12:26:22 PM PST

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Jan 19, 09 1:23 PM
FishFran wrote:
ecblisa wrote:If you have the kind of download problem people have described here, it is probably because you have a dial-up connection and when your internet provider gets overloaded, they interrupt people who have been on-line (i.e, downloading) for a long time in order to be able to connect new people trying to get on. (When I complained, my dial-up provider tod me I could pay 3 times as much for uninterrupted 24-hour service if I wanted to.) We finally got DSL in our neighborhood, and since I've been using that, I've had no download problems. The only problem I have ever noticed at the Big Fish end is that when a very popular big program first gets put up, you may have to wait a bit to start downloading, because everyone jumped on the site at the same time.

I have DSL and the games from this site download way slower then they do from other sites. It took about 10 minutes for Hidden World of Art to download from here. As a comparison test I downloaded the same game from iwin and it took less then two minutes. It's not a big problem for me because I just que up everything I want to download before I leave my computer. But it is weird that some things can take 30 + minutes to download when I can download the same stuff from other sites in a few minutes. But since I like BigFish's variety of games and club plan, I put up with it.

I have DSL. When I download games that are going slow, I can't just walk away and come back later. My download completely stops. I pause it, then resume the download and it goes normal for 600KBs. Then it goes 2KBs at a time for 10KBs.....then it stops completely again. If I walk away and come back 10 minutes later, it says "download interrupted." I have to literally sit here if I want it completed.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jan 19, 09 3:00 PM
I'm surprised by what you folks are reporting, because I have not had those problems. (Slow downloads, yes, but no interruptions. I don't blame slow on BFG, because my computer auto-downloads so many updates and security things that I sometimes wonder whether I get to tell it what to do! Having two downloads going will really slow things down.) I guess I should be thankful.

To those of you who are asking if this is like "Secrets of Great Art," I would say there are a lot of differences. One thing in favor of this game is that it identifies the pictures and artists, which I like, and I wish the other game did that also. But the main difference is that "Secrets" is all "spot-the-difference" (plus some fun mini-games), no true HO. What I like about it is that instead of having to find penguins, boomerangs, and pepper grinders superimposed on a painting, in "Secrets," the changes are small details of the painting itself (like twigs, faces, feet, jewelry, decorations, etc.), and there is no "jumble of inappropriate objects" there. You may either like that or not (it's quite hard at the advanced levels), but it is definitely different.

I also have to concur with some who didn't like "Hidden World of Art" because some of it is too dark-on-dark. I did not buy it after the trial because of that. Too hard on the eyes. "Secrets" is better in that regard.

[Post New]by Palomiuxs on Jan 25, 09 4:53 PM
It's a ripp off, first of all the paintings are obscure and boring, they probably couldn't buy the rights to many wondenful and better known paintings. Once you finish a short series of paintings, it goes back to the beginning same boring ones. I definitely am sorry I bought this game, I have already deleted it and will be more careful next time garbage like this is offered.

[Post New]by nanadude on Feb 17, 09 1:09 PM
I really enjoyed this game...and furnishing my own apartment inspired me to get back "out there" and restore some more paintings. The paintings were nice to look at while exploring for hidden items or finding differences in pictures. The music was soothing to listen to while playing. My only complaint was not having the option of keeping my old furniture after upgrading. I would have liked to have changed the wallpaper when i felt like it...or to have gone back to my first sofa....And it would be nice to be able to arrange the room as I would have liked and to hang artwork on the walls. After all, i was an artist while playing the game. Just a suggestion.
In addition, the game completed very quickly. I was finished in about 3 days. Would have been nice to play it longer. All in all, a nice game.

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Oct 9, 09 8:55 PM
Hidden World of Art 2...

This game had great potential, but I really disliked having to wait and wait AND WAIT for the stupid paint brush to fill in my stats, and to describe the merchandise...to wait for several minutes to find out that a potted palm cost 5000 bucks was just asking too much. I should have been able to skip that part if I wanted to...I would rather not know my score if I will have to wait several minutes to see it.

Also, I was really surprised that for an art game the furnishings were scarce and unbelievably tacky...players should be choosing fine art, books, antiques and oriental carpets, not teddy bears, paper lanterns, carpet remnants and IKEA knockoffs...and one might think that an art game would at least allow the only painting you could buy to be hung correctly at eye level instead of way up on the wall...just silly silly stuff.

Welcome to Hidden World of Art forum

[Post New]by tarabera100 on Jan 1, 10 8:13 PM
Where can I get a walkthrough for this game?

Go to: