bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any 9: The Dark Side technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 4, 12 12:29 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Cat4636
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any 9: The Dark Side technical issues here only

[Post New]by Cat4636 on Jan 4, 12 2:16 AM
I downloaded the CE edition and played the demo hour. Today I downloaded the SE edition and now have a message the trial period is expired! I didn't even play the game! Give it back!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 4, 12 2:30 AM
Hi Cat...

This might be a stupid question, but did you delete the demo of the CE version before installing the SE?

Also, it might help if you uninstall and then reinstall the game.

Good luck.

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Jan 4, 12 2:36 AM
I just installed the demo and got "Trial Expired" never even played, I will try to reinstall and see what happens. I did not download the CE demo version as Cat did.

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Jan 4, 12 2:43 AM
Ok, if you get "Trial Expired" just uninstall and reinstall game, well, at least that is what worked for me. All is good now.

Happy Gaming

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 4, 12 8:53 AM
sunnyrocks wrote:Ok, if you get "Trial Expired" just uninstall and reinstall game, well, at least that is what worked for me. All is good now.

Happy Gaming

The uninstall/reinstall worked for me also.

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Jan 4, 12 9:10 AM
I turned the music off but it doesn't work. The music plays on.

debbie1001
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by debbie1001 on Jan 4, 12 3:14 PM
Could someone tell me where to get the second tile for the game on the desk in the library...... Help????

[Post New]by dennyxxxx on Jan 4, 12 6:06 PM
hi
i m having problem with the game. i down loaded the demo and played it. when the time was up i bought it. i tried playing it and it froze loading it. i then tried it again with the same user name. it froze again. i then changed the user name and it worked. i then signed off. when i tried it again it froze again. if i don't change the user name i can't play it. at this rate i will never finish it. i have delete the game several times and reinstalled it with no change.

i hope you can help me.

thank you

denny

logged in this morning and it worked. i think after down loading you need to reboot computer.

Edited on 01/05/2012 at 1:32:39 PM PST

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jan 4, 12 7:58 PM
I bought the game after the demo and while playing it froze momentarily, the music stuttered and it blue screened. I could still hear the music after the blue screen came up. I had to shut down cold and just did a check disk.

I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall. I hope that works.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jan 4, 12 8:33 PM
I uninstalled and restarted. Then my security suite was corrupt! Had to do another check disk. Now I'm afraid to reinstall!

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Jan 4, 12 9:40 PM
downloaded the game........ then started to play......... wanted to quit and it froze. Had to shut off my computer to exit. Then went back to play and had to download it again .........with the same results...........

czapp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by czapp on Jan 5, 12 10:01 PM
Okay, I'm at the end of the game and cannot pick up the crystal by the gargoyle.....What gives???......Help please

unit
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by unit on Jan 6, 12 2:19 PM
I keep getting a hint to do something already accomplished. (finished recipe in tree and got potion for werewolf, and used it, but the hint says take template-or whatever it wasw called- to tree for recipe)

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jan 6, 12 4:49 PM
This isn't good. I did install again but it messed up my ability to download and I had to resort to the alternative to download. AND, it just froze up solid on me again and I had to do a cold shutdown.

[Post New]by rogia4 on Jan 7, 12 12:58 AM
I didn't even get started. Right after downloading, my security system shut down my computer to avoid "corrupt file" from ruining my computer? After rebooting, tried to report error and it wouldn't even send corrupt error report. Microsoft's security website advised me to uninstall the last thing I downloaded. The only thing was this game. Based on reviews, I REALLY wanted to try this one! I'm not sure I want to try downloading again or not yet?

[Post New]by Viper086956 on Jan 14, 12 2:58 PM
I have yhe magic glass and I am moving it over the book, but no glyphs are beig revealed, the pagesremain blank! Can anyone tel mewhy?

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 15, 12 5:24 PM
I am having a problem in that I have the key from the library and when I go to the torcher chamber and try to use it on the cabinet by the table it (the key) just keeps going back into my inventory. And says a descendant should know better! HELP

[Post New]by Bernster92 on Jan 18, 12 7:18 AM
I have the same problem as Viper - I have the magic glass but the pages in the book are blank! I've tried reloading the game with no joy -VERY frustrating this close to the end!!!

[Post New]by Bernster92 on Jan 18, 12 7:48 AM
Found a response from Donnarmorse on the general forum which solved the issue:

"Be sure you are holding the left mouse button down while you are scrolling around the book."

Worked for me!

Go to: