PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

Puzzles

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Jan 4, 12 8:40 AM
This game is full of them and many are extremely difficult for me. I used to think I'd only like a game if I could figure everything out myself but not true. I did get the CE on sale and am totally enjoying this entire game. I'm hoping that when I'm finished I can go back and just work on the different puzzles. Whenever I'd solve one I'd feel this wonderful sense of accomplishment.

I am amazed at the thought and work that went into 9 and will be one of the first to buy the next game from this developer. I tried to find their website to see what was coming down the line from them but couldn't find it. If anyone can, please send me a PM.

The skip button works fine and doesn't take too long. Even if you skip the puzzles the game is still fantastic! At least I'd suggest giving it a trial run.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Puzzles

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 4, 12 9:38 AM
See your PM.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jan 4, 12 11:38 AM
I haven't actually "skipped" any puzzles yet, but I've had to resort to the strategy guide. Then when I do that, of course...the solution seems so obvious! These puzzles have a twist on the usual ones found in all H0Gs, and I think they require the player to think outside that box to see them thru.

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Jan 4, 12 2:35 PM
Well purrrthang....sure glad that you are happy with this game..as I am not..for one it doesn't fill up the whole screen...thankgoodness there is a skip for puzzles, as some of them are to hard...and in the trial period, well lets just say that I am in it to get as far as I can without buying...if I like it then I buy it..but wasting time on puzzles is not for me...JMO

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on Jan 19, 12 2:48 PM
I found that most of the puzzles were difficult. Some of them I was at the point of frustration so I skipped them - unusual for me to do! safarinow

[Post New]by sabrinac925 on Feb 21, 12 6:08 PM
I also found many of the puzzles to be incredibly frustrating. I dont like skipping puzzles - I get no satisfaction out of that. Maybe I'm not the intermediate player I thought I was but some of these just seem so hard as to be completely absurd. Example: the gears being moved by the red arrow into the slots with the white circles. I finally gave up after more than an hour. I guess I have to choose easier games because at this point I'm simply not enjoying this game.

[Post New]by Twistedflower on Mar 16, 12 5:14 AM
I'm also stuck at the puzzle with the gear that goes to a hole. Really can't see a solution for that one, and I usually never skip puzzles... But it's getting really annoing just not getting anywhere at all.

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on May 13, 12 11:47 PM
The bell tower puzzle where you have to move all the cogs into the right spots seemed ridiculously difficult. Even using the walkthrough it took so many steps that I totally lost interest. Although I haven't skipped any of the other puzzles up to this point, this one is too many steps--around 160 by my count--to hold my interest. I'm reminded of the scene in the original Indiana Jones movie where he's in the bazar and the bad guy starts waving his sabre around. If I remember right, Indy just says "Oh h..." and shoots him. That's the way I felt. I enjoy a challenge, but not impossible puzzles.

scarlet834
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet834 on Nov 15, 12 7:34 AM
For whatever reason, the bell tower puzzle was not that difficult for me. It *was* very intricate, and took a long time to work it out, but once I saw the pattern, it was just a matter of not moving something too far. The trick (for me) with that one was making absolutely certain that I was not blocking either myself or a cog. Also, I had to accept that some of the pieces that were very close to final positions still had to go the long way around.

It was the puzzle with the eight blocks that I had to give up on. I just could not see far enough ahead to be able to tell how to get the things all flipped over. First time that I can remember having to use the WT for a mini-puzzle.

[Post New]by humptylock on Jan 1, 13 9:53 PM
Scarlet834, you are absolutely right, this 8-block puzzle is a nightmare!
We have tried EVERYTHING and have still ended up resorting to the Strategy Guide.
Even when I use the SG I try to notice any patterns they're following, so that even though I don't solve the puzzle myself, I may know how to solve similar puzzles in the future. But with this one, nope, nada, zilch, zip, niente. No pattern is visible to me. So angry with this game right now.

-HL- Tegan

[Post New]by tashalb1 on Jan 20, 14 2:09 AM
i also like Puzzle game.Thanks for the post.

Go to: