phxrising4
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Bricks in the Basement

[Post New]by phxrising4 on Jan 4, 12 9:25 PM
I'm liking this game so far. . . might even spring for the CE. However, in the early stages of the demo, I ran into the bricks in the basement puzzle. and have to push the bricks in the right order for the wall to open. Didn't find a walkthrough and there really is no direction as to which to push first, second, etc. Stuck. Seems very random. Have used a lot of demo time and the skip puzzle is not loading. Is this standard fare for this game? Want to do the puzzle but am using all my demo time to do it. Am I being dense? Any suggestions from you wizard fishies would be helpful.
Member since 2005.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:Bricks in the Basement

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 4, 12 9:34 PM
You must have just missed it in the walkthrough (the strategy guide is integrated into the game - you can get to it via the tab in the lower right corner of every screen - once there, click on the chapter, then use the arrows to go through the pages).

You need to get a coin from the floor near the archway, click on the skull, and put the coin into the empty eye socket. Then you'll get a scroll that shows the order in which bricks should be pushed.

With the puzzle open, you can then click on the scroll in your items to take a quick look at the sequence, and close it again, without having to exit the puzzle.

Oh - once you have that scroll, the skip button on the puzzle will activate. Some puzzles only allow you to skip after you've got, or used, a particular item necessary for the puzzle.

Edited on 01/04/2012 at 9:36:36 PM PST

phxrising4
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by phxrising4 on Jan 4, 12 9:38 PM
Thanks Shaz, I'll give it a try! Must have missed this one.

phxrising4
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by phxrising4 on Jan 4, 12 9:39 PM
Thanks Shaz, I'll give it a try! Must have missed this one.

phxrising4
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by phxrising4 on Jan 4, 12 9:40 PM
Thanks Shaz, I'll give it a try . . . must have missed it.

Go to: