[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jan 5, 12 12:02 AM
Any comments fishes?

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Todays DD 5 January 12

[Post New]by Bpup on Jan 5, 12 1:09 AM
I know it's too late and I'm too tired to be making an informed decision on whether or not I would like this game when I read "Spellgarth Castle" in the game description as "Spaghetti Castle"!

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Jan 5, 12 3:36 AM
Wow, if it WAS Spaghetti Castle it would be a definite buy for me!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jan 5, 12 9:07 AM
Another dark, dreary game. This time in a Match 3 game. As if we didn't get enough of dark games. No buy for me. Even for $3.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 5, 12 10:43 AM
Sorry, No Skip = No Purchase

Edited on 01/05/2012 at 10:43:47 AM PST

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jan 5, 12 11:11 AM
It does have a skip. The original version didn't. Believe me, I used it. No matter how I put them together, those cogs wouldn't turn. Guess I'm being dumb, but this game just wasn't working on any level for me.

Lainie221
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Lainie221 on Jan 5, 12 11:28 AM
I’ve played about 25 minutes of the demo and plan to purchase as a DD. I didn’t find the subdued color palette “dark” or “dreary”, simply soothing to the eyes. The flashy M3 games are fine, but every once in a while, my eyes need a break! My observations are as follows:
• The load time for the M3 screens is a bit slow, but there is a loading bar that runs across the bottom of the screen that looks a bit like a sideways shooting star for the 3 seconds it takes the game to load the next screen. Times might be longer on slower computers.
• I haven’t gotten too far, but the 3 mini-games encountered were pleasant (I plan to skip the pipe puzzles should they appear as I detest those; fortunately, thanks to the responsiveness of the developer, the skip button is now included in the game), and I completed them with no trouble. Hints were even available for these puzzles.
• I particularly enjoy the fact that the items discovered upon completion of a board have been used in the mini-games, and the “use,” “look,” mode is indeed reminiscent of the style of my much-loved parser-based adventure games of the 90s. Some players, though, may hate that style.
• The M3 boards are small (so far) and easily cleared. While I am currently playing in untimed adventure mode, I’m tempted to start a timed game (smile).
• This game is a buy for me at $3.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jan 6, 12 2:55 AM
I particularly enjoy the fact that the items discovered upon completion of a board have been used in the mini-games, and the “use,” “look,” mode is indeed reminiscent of the style of my much-loved parser-based adventure games of the 90s.
Hi Lainie,

The 1980's text adventure games were my inspiration for doing it that way, long before the likes of Monkey Island and Beneath a Steel Sky changed everyone's way of thinking (for the better, I might add!).

Just to add - yes there *is* a skip button on the minigames now, due to popular demand. This update was released shortly after the original release due to an oversight (by me!) in the first place. I never really got why people would want to pay for a game then skip through half of it, but oh well!!

Anybody found the cheat yet?

Edited on 01/06/2012 at 2:56:04 AM PST

Go to: