bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 5, 12 12:05 AM
Welcome to Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by kainje on Jan 6, 12 11:20 AM
Hi All,
I was enjoying the demo for this game, but when I used the knife on the face emblem in the niche, the knife disappeared and now I don't have it to cut the rope on the shield. Does anyone know if I can somehow get it back or if I have to start over?

[Post New]by Catsie21 on Jan 7, 12 1:37 PM
I think you have to start over I fond that there seems to be a glitch in the game when you get the item from the crow in the tree. After I threw the boomarang at the crow I wasn't able to access my inventory use the menu or hint I could go to other sections of the castle but that was it.

[Post New]by Hrdwlby on Jan 8, 12 8:56 AM
Is this where I'm supposed to ask about when there will be a Mac Version for this game? I would like to play it on my Mac.

[Post New]by mrslandin on Jan 13, 12 9:13 PM
I bought the full version and have been trying to download it since 1pm Pacific time. That is almost 8 full hours. Should it really take this long. I have never had to wait for a game like this one.

Loved the Demo.

Can't wait to continue playing.

Any ideas on the hold up?

[Post New]by simonejamilla on Jan 15, 12 5:29 AM
Hi everyone. Happy New Year! Having problems with this game, Stuck on last part of Chapter one, Cannot get passed the brick wall game has frozen, can't get into map or exit. Tried re-installing and it is still the same. Any ideas as to what I can do. Cheers.

rebeccaben
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccaben on Jan 20, 12 10:31 AM
I do not know if this is the proper place to list comments but I loved the game. It was easy and interesting. More elephant games please!

MSQ62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by MSQ62 on Jan 22, 12 12:56 PM
Definite glitch at the crow. I am having the same problem. Had to use my esc key to even get out of the game. Am enjoying it and hope I don't have to start all over.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 22, 12 3:13 PM
Hi MSQ62,

I've got great news for you! We've released a new build for this game that fixes this issue.

All you'll need to do is uninstall and reinstall this game from your Purchase History to make sure that you have the newest version on your system. (Please note: You may also need to start over with a new player profile for these changes to fully take effect.)

If you've already done this and are still stuck at the crow, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then on the 'Contact Us' link that you'll find on the following page.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by pzlelady on Feb 3, 12 1:57 PM
Help! I am stuck in the beginning (what?!) trying to use the screwdriver on the nameplate under the portrait above the fireplace. No matter what I do, I keep getting "told" that i cannot use the screwdriver there. I checked the strategy guide and used the hint button, and both tell me to remove the nameplate with the screwdriver to access the leaf. It is not happening - i have clicked all around and in the nameplate, but it will not accept the screwdriver. What am i doing wrong? Please advise...

plopp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by plopp on Feb 4, 12 2:37 AM
Have problem with the nameplate in the portrait in the hall! Cant use screwdrive!!
Please help! Its the Macversion of this game!

[Post New]by marthajack on Feb 6, 12 3:13 PM
hello all, i am stuck in chapter two. where does the paper for the mirror template come from. the hint says its at the baby carriage, but that seems to not be true. any additional hints would be appreciated. thanks

[Post New]by gurleen_talwar on Feb 7, 12 7:03 AM
hi.......i reached up to Chapter 5 – Brandon.....in this i got stuck at 1 point....their is a place where user have to connect charged battery with generator ...bt i m not able to connect it or i m not able to zoom at generator....cn u plz help me out...plz

lynettewa
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lynettewa on Feb 7, 12 3:53 PM
hi how do i put the stones in the river ,,,,and get the bridge to go down

Edited on 02/07/2012 at 4:21:03 PM PST

lynettewa
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lynettewa on Feb 9, 12 11:38 AM
pzlelady wrote:Help! I am stuck in the beginning (what?!) trying to use the screwdriver on the nameplate under the portrait above the fireplace. No matter what I do, I keep getting "told" that i cannot use the screwdriver there. I checked the strategy guide and used the hint button, and both tell me to remove the nameplate with the screwdriver to access the leaf. It is not happening - i have clicked all around and in the nameplate, but it will not accept the screwdriver. What am i doing wrong? Please advise...

makil
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by makil on Feb 14, 12 9:13 AM
hi i have the same problem did u find out what to do please tell me

kelmm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kelmm on Feb 29, 12 7:16 PM
lynettewa wrote:
pzlelady wrote:Help! I am stuck in the beginning (what?!) trying to use the screwdriver on the nameplate under the portrait above the fireplace. No matter what I do, I keep getting "told" that i cannot use the screwdriver there. I checked the strategy guide and used the hint button, and both tell me to remove the nameplate with the screwdriver to access the leaf. It is not happening - i have clicked all around and in the nameplate, but it will not accept the screwdriver. What am i doing wrong? Please advise...

Opa59
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Opa59 on Jun 23, 12 7:34 AM
Hi! I'm new to this........ I'm stuck having left the first level unfinished but not by choice. Never even got to the crow and the boomerang. Anyway, I'm unable to proceed to the next step, getting back down the stone steps to the sawmill so I can access the boards which are needed to cross to the storeroom or workshop. First it froze at the steps. I rebooted and then got stuck inside with the barrel again, and I already have the saw. Do ai need to uninstall and reinstall? Am having issues accessing my purchase history too as it was done under another account. Would hate to have to start all over. Any ideas? Thanks! In Chapter one still, but at the end of it. Is it intentional that I can't go back and finish things within the first part of the game, in the castle?

Opa59
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Opa59 on Jun 23, 12 7:36 AM
Oh, sorry! I replied...... I got stuck with the screwdriver also but kept backtracking and then suddenly it did work. I also rebooted before backtracking a bit. I have no idea how that helped but I had the same problem you did. Hope this works. It's the easiest fix.

Opa59
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Opa59 on Jun 23, 12 7:49 AM
Oh, it didn't work until the name plate actually popped up on its own, sans the portrait. Then the screwdriver did work.

Go to: