bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 5, 12 12:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 01/17/2012 at 12:11:28 AM PST

mai66
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mai66 on Jan 5, 12 1:36 AM
I think this is af bug or a glitz: Behind the painting in the room, where you have to switch for the light.
Some of the tiles disappear behind other tiles or disappear in the frame. its like the tiles are still inside the frame, because i cannot move other tiles to the same spot. But I can´t get the missing tiles out again. I try to restart the minigame, but it happens again.

tinatoerat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

leaf lock

[Post New]by tinatoerat on Jan 5, 12 2:11 AM
Not sure this is strictly a technical issue - perhaps more a gameplay issue.

I found the leaf lock piece (behind painting plaque), but it didn't arrive in my inventory.

If I look at the painting, the plaque has been removed and I can't click in that area. Nor can I see the leaf piece anywhere nearby. (So it is probably not the case that I have to find it on the floor because I am clumsy).

When I go to the leaf lock I have no leaf in my inventory. The hint tells me to go to the door and use the leaf.

Stopping and starting fixed this issue.

Edited on 01/06/2012 at 6:03:18 AM PST

Spoph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Spoph on Jan 5, 12 3:57 AM
After I downloaded the trial version it said that my trial had expired the moment it finished downloading! Had these with a couple of collector's editions last year. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening or download it again? Thanks.

puzzle_player
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by puzzle_player on Jan 5, 12 8:12 AM
Not sure if this is a glitch or what but when I start the second chapter, there are sparkles all over. I'm playing in advance mode. I've tried everything to get rid of them, but the sparkles are still there, This only happens when I get to the second chapter. I was really enjoying the game up until that point. Is there any kind of a fix for this I hope? I hate sparkles.

[Post New]by patriciatiamo on Jan 5, 12 9:02 AM
Sparkles everywhere in the second part ! I'm playing in advanced, and I really hate sparkles. Hello to the developers : PLEASE help to get rid of this glitch

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 5, 12 9:42 AM
Hi,
Me too. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, started with a new profile (all in expert mode), but as soon as the cut scene ends at the fountain the sparkles happen. I've checked, rechecked game mode. So can't play game, as those sparkles drive me nuts.
Real shame, as I was enjoying this game.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Jan 5, 12 10:23 AM
I'm having the 'ol "sluggish cursor" problem. I have the latest drivers installed so that's not the issue. Anyone else experiencing this and have any answers?

sdahldtp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sdahldtp on Jan 5, 12 10:37 AM
Is BFG itself having technical problems today? Got my daily splash in email and it was all code (as if something had been left out before it was sent). When I first checked BFG this morning, there was also stray code on the page.

Downloading this purchased game is driving me to an early grave! It tries, either halts completely, or the game manager stops responding, or it will download a bit then start all over from 0!! Never had this happen before. I reset my DSL modem, checked my speed (outstandingly fast), nothing else is changed or new.

I'll keep trying, but something is obviously wrong here.

--Last-ditch attempt. I cold-booted my computer and tried downloading the game again. This time it went through just fine. Go figger.

Edited on 01/05/2012 at 11:15:18 AM PST

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Jan 5, 12 11:36 AM
I purchased that game but I cannot get the screwdriver to work under the painting above the fireplace. Numerous tries in different areas and it tells me that it "cannot be used in this area". A technical glitch? So soon in the game? Please help!

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Jan 5, 12 11:48 AM
I too have sparkles everywhere in the second chapter. How disappointing! I was thoroughly enjoying the game until this happened. Now I've stopped playing...feel like a kindergardener being led by the hand. What a shame...and I've allready purchased it - as the trial worked perfectly...of course that only allowed you to play the 1st chapter! And I also tried changing challenge modes & backing out & starting again. No luck. Hopefully they will get an update soon and then I can continue on..I just wont play the 'handholding" games!

niki93
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by niki93 on Jan 5, 12 12:16 PM
I'm in a part where I can't use the guide or hints or get out of the game.....

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Jan 5, 12 1:04 PM
I'm playing the advanced mode but when I got to the second chapter I found sparkles everywhere. They can't be turned off, even in the hardest mode.
Unsatisfactory.

[Post New]by dwagonblott on Jan 5, 12 1:38 PM
I stuck were you need to throw the boomarng at the black bird then the game wont do anything.tried to uninstall and started new game under differant name but the samething happened.now I cant get it to delete profiles even after I uninstalled again.??????????

Fafallina
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Fafallina on Jan 5, 12 2:41 PM
Sparkles for me too in the hardest mode. And I'm another one who hates sparkles

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 5, 12 5:35 PM
LKlimo wrote:I purchased that game but I cannot get the screwdriver to work under the painting above the fireplace. Numerous tries in different areas and it tells me that it "cannot be used in this area". A technical glitch? So soon in the game? Please help!

Hi there KLimo,
Did you actually zoom in on the name plate below the painting? It will work then.
Cheers

[Post New]by michellewrenn on Jan 5, 12 6:25 PM
Ummm help .....Sparkles everywhere in hardcore mode... can this be fixed??

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Jan 5, 12 6:58 PM
downloaded trial this morining went fast and fine Now I purchased am trying to download and its crawling like a turtle and I have xfinity highest speed i know its 800 mbs but come on never happpened like this maybe when first came out but it shouldnt be taking this long should it?

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Jan 5, 12 9:00 PM
I am trying to play the demo in Advanced but sparkles are everywhere. Tried new player name and quitting and coming back but I get sparkles no matter what I do from the very beginning of the game. Was looking forward to this game and will buy but only when no sparkles are fixed.

[Post New]by newgirl781 on Jan 5, 12 9:26 PM
Just purchased this game and am very upset to find sparkles everywhere suddenly!! Was playing fine until put photo in book and went into memory. Cant stand to play with sparkles and I was really getting into this game, do they give refunds if you are unsatisfied, or how can this be fixed??

Go to: