Elephant devs..

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 5, 12 3:14 PM
I am enjoying this game...however, one thing I have noticed is I have had tools disappear right and left. Now in the early days, this happened all the time. But other game developers are beginning to catch on to the fact that knives, screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, hammers, axes, etc. are all reusable, and they don't make us continually replace them. Sorry, Elephant, I think this is a cop out and just a lazy way to keep a game going. Which kinda surprises me with this game...some of the puzzles are extremely difficult and time consuming to figure out, and yet it is so disappointing to have to keep hunting for basic tools, when I already had them once. I would much rather search for clues.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Elephant devs..

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 5, 12 3:27 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I am enjoying this game...however, one thing I have noticed is I have had tools disappear right and left. Now in the early days, this happened all the time. But other game developers are beginning to catch on to the fact that knives, screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, hammers, axes, etc. are all reusable, and they don't make us continually replace them. Sorry, Elephant, I think this is a cop out and just a lazy way to keep a game going. Which kinda surprises me with this game...some of the puzzles are extremely difficult and time consuming to figure out, and yet it is so disappointing to have to keep hunting for basic tools, when I already had them once. I would much rather search for clues.

You are correct about that, and that is a perspective I had not thought about. I too would rather just continue the search. Well said, thanks.

Happy gaming!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Elephant devs..

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 5, 12 4:35 PM
If I ever get stuck in a haunted mansion/castle, I know I should always have a pair of scissors, a lighter and a crowbar on me at all times.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Elephant devs..

[Post New]by grannyq on Jan 5, 12 4:49 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I am enjoying this game...however, one thing I have noticed is I have had tools disappear right and left. Now in the early days, this happened all the time. But other game developers are beginning to catch on to the fact that knives, screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, hammers, axes, etc. are all reusable, and they don't make us continually replace them. Sorry, Elephant, I think this is a cop out and just a lazy way to keep a game going. Which kinda surprises me with this game...some of the puzzles are extremely difficult and time consuming to figure out, and yet it is so disappointing to have to keep hunting for basic tools, when I already had them once. I would much rather search for clues.
I noticed that too. I also had a tool I could of used to get the ink pen, but no it had to be tweezers. I hate this picky picky picky!

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Jan 5, 12 4:50 PM
snapnhiss wrote:If I ever get stuck in a haunted mansion/castle, I know I should always have a pair of scissors, a lighter and a crowbar on me at all times.
I'm with you but I also want a screwdriver.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 5, 12 5:08 PM
Hi there,
Well, some items were resuable - but not necessarily in the manner you thought. LOL

NOTE TO DEVS,
I played on the second difficulty level and noticed that the Lousia's Memory chapter contained sparkles everywhere whereas all of the other chapters (including the Bonus chapter) did not. An oversight?

And please, stop telling me what I need to "open" something etc on the harder modes. I like to sort this out myself - even if it is the inside of a pen rather than a needle. LOL

Cheers

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 6, 12 1:08 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the use of items in this game. However, as there already is a Comments thread in this Game Forum, I'll be locking this thread.

Please feel free to re-post your comment and join in on the discussion in the thread over here.

If you'd like to include this feedback in a review on this game, you can do so by popping over to this thread here.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Go to: