bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 6, 12 12:23 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 6, 12 12:35 AM
This I posted on the CE forum:

Developer: [removed by moderator] (not Elephant...) Previous games: Fear for Sale: Mystery of Mclnroy manor.

Stunning graphics! You are shown that a mystery and creepy game doesn't have to occur during night. I really enjoy that...

Intriguing plot, which keeps your interest and curiousity. Hints recharge fast, and there is help out of the HOSes, by pointing arrows (great plus, devs!).

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 11:41:22 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 6, 12 1:07 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:This I posted on the CE forum:

Developer: [removed by moderator] (not Elephant...) Previous games: Fear for Sale: Mystery of Mclnroy manor.

Stunning graphics! You are shown that a mystery and creepy game doesn't have to occur during night. I really enjoy that...

Intriguing plot, which keeps your interest and curiousity. Hints recharge fast, and there is help out of the HOSes, by pointing arrows (great plus, devs!).

Completely agree with R_L on this one.

Opens in Widescreen
Two play options.
Good voiceovers and even better music.
Graphics great.
Story pulls you in right away.
If you missed or did not want the stunning CE, this one is certainly worth a look!

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 12:16:04 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 6, 12 1:12 AM
Good morning, fishies...

This review is based on the CE version, so just ignore the part about the bonus game:

I really liked this game. I like the graphics, puzzles, and gameplay.

The graphics in the HOS (hidden object scenes) were also clean and crips, and all objects have a decent enough size so I didn't have to use my magnifying glass. LOL

There is a choice for custom and system cursor.

I was not so keen on the custom cursor, because it reminded me of a fish head, and it was rather large. But it was more helpful than the system cursor, which also changes when you move over different areas, but not all the time.
So I rather played with the custom cursor, which gives me no problems. I just find it a little too large.

The puzzles in this game are not mind-bendingly difficult, so that was a plus for me.

The bonus game was very interesting and fun to play. I was not disappointed. (Please don't ask me what the bonus game was like. I can't even barely remember the main game after all this time).

However, although I thoroughly enjoyed the main game as well, I was rather surprised by the very sudden ending of it. I felt as if something was missing, as if I should have done something else before, well... whatever happend at the end (won't say what so as not to spoil it). And then again, the bonus game seemed to end rather abruptly as well, as far as I can remember.

But aside the sudden ending, this was a very nice game!

There is a walkthrough here for the SE (standard edition), but if you want to know what the bonus game is like, there is a walkthrough that includes the bonus game on that other site that does reviews and previews.

Have a lovely Friday, everyone.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 6, 12 4:10 AM
I bought the CE and this is my review for the CE. I'm not sorry I bought it and I definitely think the SE is worth buying. IMO

I love this game so far. My review is based on demo so far. I think the graphics and animations are absolutely fantastic! The voiceover's acting is middle of the road acting.

It has everything I look for in game: Widescreen/Voiceover's/2 modes of play/Cursor options/Sound option are separate for music/voice/effects/Journel had very large print, so it's easy to read. The objects are large enough to find and see. The story has the same ghostly/haunting/disappearing people, we see alot in the games lately.

But the beauty of the game and the overall play is enough for me to buy it. This one is a good one. and developers have been giving us some good games lately. Thank you! But please change up the story line some developers. We could really use some Sci-fi or other kind's of story lines other than the same old one's.
This game is a definite buy for me. Be sure to give it a try, it's worth your time. IMO

I rate this game:FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 6, 12 7:34 AM
I really didn't find anything exciting about this game. I was nothing like the past few games I've played lately. I find this one to be kinda cheaply made. Sorry BF, not this time.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 6, 12 8:41 AM
I have already bought the CE from this game before a few months and highly enjoyed it. I recommend this game as the SE. Happy gaming everyone

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jan 6, 12 10:14 AM
Hi fishies.I thought this game was already on the list a month or so ago as a collectors addition.Has it been changed or is it still the junk pile hidden object gameI didn't like it then so I can guess i still wont.

Happy gaming..

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jan 6, 12 11:33 AM
Too much running around like a chicken without a head! I'll wait for the DD on this one.

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Jan 6, 12 12:04 PM
cbtx wrote:
If you missed or did not want the stunning CE, this one is certainly worth a look!
Is the CE worth the extra $ ?

Edited on 01/06/2012 at 12:05:02 PM PST

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Jan 6, 12 1:12 PM
very much enjoyed playing this one maybe a little too much running backwards and forwards but .....what happened to the ending did they just get fed up and go home it was just so abrupt do feel it could have been done a lot better

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 6, 12 1:33 PM
Really, really enjoyed this game! Graphics were unbelievable, amazing. The HOGs were easy and fun and very few mini games (I'm not a fan of mini games). The story was good and different for a change. Hints and Skips recharged quickly and the HOGs were interactive which made them fun. Not a lot of running around, but some. Not the longest game in the world but long enough to thoroughly enjoy.

This review is for the SE. I actually left the vocal dialog on this time, it wasn't bad at all and you could click if you read faster than they spoke to move things on. Only bad thing, there is a click penatly in the HOGs, but the games are so easy, you probably will never see it. Have fun, I did and felt it was worth the credit (money).

PS: The ending was abrupt and not well done....went by really fast.

Edited on 01/06/2012 at 1:35:46 PM PST

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on Jan 6, 12 11:56 PM
hannah57 wrote:I really didn't find anything exciting about this game. I was nothing like the past few games I've played lately. I find this one to be kinda cheaply made. Sorry BF, not this time.

I agree with you Hannah, if the CE was as boring as this was I'm glad I didn't get it.
I have the past games from this Dev & enjoyed them, but this one had too many HOS, & not enough stuff to do. I'm sorry I wasted a code on it. Sorry BF, but you dropped the ball on this one.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Jan 7, 12 5:55 AM
I didn't much care for the first Fear for Sale and I almost didn't play this one, but I am glad I did. I'm enjoying this game very much and made my first purchase of 2012.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jan 8, 12 3:39 AM
Other than the ending being really abrupt and unsatisfying, I enjoyed the game. Game developers, in future games it would be better if the cursor were less bulky..

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by polarglen on Jan 8, 12 5:10 PM
I had a great time with this game. Imagine a HOG without all the objects hidden on a virtual black screen but well camouflaged within a reasonably bright scene. I sure would like more games like this one. Thanks, Big Fish.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jan 9, 12 12:27 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed playing this game, interesting storyline.

Great graphics, easy-ish mini games, good hidden object scenes, nice voice overs, and plenty of places to visit.

But oh, another incredibly abrupt ending. Is this the new way to end SE games? I don't think much of it.

Jerripat
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Jerripat on Jan 9, 12 10:32 PM
Tried it - bought it!

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jan 13, 12 4:52 PM
Thought I would try the game since we have the "spooky" sale going on

Liked it and the hour was over just like that
Never realized the time I thought the story good and the mystery okay [story line could have used more depth - had the gist in the first 15 minutes]
but overall a good game
well worth the price

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Jan 14, 12 5:11 PM
Good game. Ended with a possibility there could be another.

Go to: