bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Jewel Quest: The Sapphire Dragon technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 7, 12 12:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Jewel Quest: The Sapphire Dragon technical issues here only

[Post New]by Andymack50 on Jan 7, 12 12:55 AM
Just downloaded game but showed trial expired on game manager. Uninstalled will try downloading later as off to work now.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 7, 12 1:55 AM
Hi Andymack50,

I can confirm that the best thing to do when a trial for a new game shows as expired, is to give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try.

When a trial for a new game shows as expired, usually the download for the game timed out, showing the trial as expired instead as the activation process never went through which means the Game Manager couldn't confirm the amount of minutes available for the trial.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 7, 12 5:45 AM
OMGosh!....another game that has issues? ...I waited up to d/l this game as I am a 'Quest' fan...so d/l the demo at 12:10 am...d/l went fine, hit play and came up with a screenshot of one black block on the upper left of screen and the background that filled the rest of the screen was very streaky rainbow color squares of pixels!,,,did a ctrl/alt/del, but did not work, so shut down puter!
so
way to upset to check out the possible reasons, will d/l again at a more decent hour, its off to ...
but
now up and did a clean scan, delete data apps, defrag, ckdsk, uninstall game manager and all games, then restarted computer....went to BFG and installed demo again!...waited for GM to unpack, hit play...WOW! same 'crap'!...this time the ctrl/alt/del worked
now
this is really a 'no buy'....and...just sad!

JoJoLavin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by JoJoLavin on Jan 7, 12 5:57 AM
After I earned my third character, the screen froze. I had to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to leave game. I'll try again later.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 7, 12 10:06 AM
Hi letsdoit and JoJoLavin,

If you've already taken the steps outlined in the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can look into the display and freezing issues that you're seeing with this game.

Please be sure to write in with a Dr. Felix report as well as it contains the most helpful information for our reps. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Andymack50 on Jan 7, 12 2:08 PM
letsdoit wrote:OMGosh!....another game that has issues? ...I waited up to d/l this game as I am a 'Quest' fan...so d/l the demo at 12:10 am...d/l went fine, hit play and came up with a screenshot of one black block on the upper left of screen and the background that filled the rest of the screen was very streaky rainbow color squares of pixels!,,,did a ctrl/alt/del, but did not work, so shut down puter!
so
way to upset to check out the possible reasons, will d/l again at a more decent hour, its off to ...
but
now up and did a clean scan, delete data apps, defrag, ckdsk, uninstall game manager and all games, then restarted computer....went to BFG and installed demo again!...waited for GM to unpack, hit play...WOW! same 'crap'!...this time the ctrl/alt/del worked
now
this is really a 'no buy'....and...just sad!

Edited on 01/07/2012 at 2:09:08 PM PST

[Post New]by Andymack50 on Jan 7, 12 2:12 PM
letsdoit, Ihad a similar thing when i d/l the second time. I changed the screen reselution to 800 x600 and it worked fine. I hope this helps.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 7, 12 7:57 PM
o.k....i had not had the 'thought' of the screen resolution...thx u'all!

if it does not do the 'magic' moment then as ArnoSyx suggested i will be wandering over to send a drfelixfix...thx to all...its good to come back and check when not flustrated

my puter is only three months old so after my old DELL crashed in october i am on that 'leary' mindset...

signed ... ... Lets

[Post New]by bigbadbrenda on Jan 8, 12 2:13 AM
Downloaded and uninstalled 3 times all I get is a a block of about 5x3 at the top left corner. Never had this before and I download a game every day.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jan 8, 12 10:37 AM
I have W7. The game downloaded with no trouble, but when I run it I get a jet black screen with a cursor (the cursor does move). Had to CTRL ALT DEL and End Task to get out of it.

So I'm going to give this one a miss. If a game doesn't work and all my other games do, then there's obviously a problem with the game that doesn't work, and I'm not messing with my computer to get one game working (with my luck, all the others would stop working!)

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Jan 9, 12 6:14 AM
I was playing fine until the 3rd set with one of the players and the game just quit and back to my desktop. In other words The game just crashed. I have dozens of games from Big Fish and nothing has crashed until now. My computer is just fine! I'm playing Win XP.

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Jan 9, 12 3:50 PM
Bought the game because I love Jewel Quest. However it won't save my profile and restarts the game any time I leave it. I've uninstalled and installed again with no luck. Going to have to give this one back. That's only happened one other time with a Match game for me.

nwind
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Caught in a do-loop

[Post New]by nwind on Jan 13, 12 6:52 PM
I found the game ran smooth as silk, using all characters, until I completed the Air Realm. At that point it said we were going to the Land Realm. I clicked Done on that intro-screen and went right back into the Air Realm, from which I cannot escape. I replayed the last Jewel Board, got the final speech about "we know where we need to go" then we just sit there. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I go back to the Air Realm, all data saved, can replay but cannot move forward. If ever a game needed a map of the entire game, like The Sleepless Star had, it's this one. I will check back periodically to see whether anyone has found a workaround, but until then, this one is dead in the water.

Edited on 01/13/2012 at 10:45:02 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 14, 12 6:29 AM
Hi nwind, don't know if this will fix your issue but there are arrows on the top of the realm screen to scroll left or right (in your case it will only scroll to the right since Air is the first realm). I didn't see those for a long time myself along with a few other details.

nwind
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nwind on Jan 14, 12 5:19 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Hi nwind, don't know if this will fix your issue but there are arrows on the top of the realm screen to scroll left or right (in your case it will only scroll to the right since Air is the first realm). I didn't see those for a long time myself along with a few other details.

Once again you have come to my rescue! I must be blind in one eye and unable to see out of the other. I didn't notice those arrows and they are plenty big enough! Love Jewel Quest though I confess I was hoping for another one with the mix of story, hidden object and jewel boards. They probably take forever to write and produce but they sure are terrific! I will keep hoping for another.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 15, 12 7:17 AM
Don't feel bad, I didn't see those arrows myself until I'd gotten into the third realm! Not sure why the game won't auto-scroll over into the next realm for you like it did for me, but glad to be able to help.

[Post New]by Laurelpaige on Jan 29, 12 10:25 AM
I have just entered the Underwater Realm after completing the previous ones and nothing happens. Have I missed something?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 29, 12 1:54 PM
Hi Laurelpaige, I think that part starts out with just one circle in a corner and it sort of blends into the background. Took me a little while to figure out where to click on my first run through the game...

[Post New]by Laurelpaige on Jan 30, 12 8:14 AM
Got it.

Edited on 04/19/2012 at 11:45:52 AM PST

Go to: