bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Jewel Quest: The Sapphire Dragon

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 7, 12 12:18 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Jewel Quest: The Sapphire Dragon? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Jewel Quest: The Sapphire Dragon page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jewel Quest: The Sapphire Dragon

[Post New]by CasualGran on Jan 7, 12 12:52 AM
My thoughts based on the trial:

The gametitle confused me. I thought this would be an adventure with H0 scenes and M3 boards, but it was the newest game in the all-boards version. Bit of a bummer to start with.

It opened with bars on the sides on my screen, and that couldn't be fixed in the options menu. Disappointment number two.

Then the one and only positive thing (to me anyway) appeared: this game can be played UNTIMED. That's what I want as a rule.

The story though was annoying (to me anyway). Not the cartoonic style nor the characters I liked.

Then on to the boards. Man! The first one looked outdated to me, like we were years back in the M3 gaming world. I finished the first board, and left the trial.

Maybe a treat for the fans of these series, but not for me.

[Post New]by tippydog on Jan 7, 12 1:55 AM
Boring!!!

I did't care for the story line or cartoon characters.

Delete, Delete, Delete

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 7, 12 2:20 AM

I wasn't crazy about the story in the demo but I'm an all day sucker for Jewel Quest M3's - even when it gets too hard. Maybe the the story will improve later...

Plus, they finally fixed the boards so you can play while the jewels are dropping - you don't have to wait for them to drop before you can continue to make matches.

I am a happy buyer!

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jan 7, 12 2:41 AM
I didn't care for this one either. It seemed liked a mixed-up version of all of their older ones. It confused me too when you had to keep going back and picking people and looking at the journal before it let you go on. It was kind of boring and I was kind of waiting for the demo to end! I don't do that very much! I would rate it a 4 out of 10.
PS I guess I expected more because of the past 4 games and their new individuality each time.

Alpaca210
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Alpaca210 on Jan 7, 12 3:02 AM
LOVED IT Definate buy for me

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jan 7, 12 4:34 AM
Alpaca210 wrote:LOVED IT Definate buy for me

Love the name! I got some alpaca boots and a sweater for christmas, and them. (sorry for going off topic) ..just wondering how you came to have that SN?

Glad to see some fans of the series giving this a I'm sure I'll love it too. Will update with a review when I get a chance to play. Happy gaming to all the JQ fans.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 7, 12 5:20 AM
Well this is a interesting game, no different than any Jewel quest, (I have a few), but the dialog was a littler bit annoying, still that was the only part of the game that had the action, it doesn't play wide screen, the boxy look is kind of bothersome, beside that is just another match three game.

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Jan 7, 12 5:38 AM
I usually love Jewel Quest games but this one was boring and annoying, I did not like the story line the music was annoying., please try it before you buy it you may prefer it more than I did the other Jewel Quest games are a lot better than this one

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 7, 12 7:11 AM
Well, I usually am bored with the JQ games, but I am loving this one.

I love the variety of the boards, which means I don't get bored as quickly as I usually do with M3 games.

And I am loving the fact that I can play this game in Relaxed Mode. A super plus for me. Wouldn't have bought this game otherwise.

The boards are fun, the colours are fresh, and I like the interaction from the characters - although there is a little too much of it at times.

Happy gaming, everyone.

oct2447
Stingray
Stingray
5,937 Posts

[Post New]by oct2447 on Jan 7, 12 7:34 AM
This was the first game I beta'd, so I was very excited to get to try it, especially because I love dragons!....... and then, as some of you have already said, it was disappointing. I thought at first it was just because this is not a favortie genre of mine, but slowly realized that the graphics and story were just not what I go for. Pleased that some of you are liking it.......have fun!

[Post New]by treyan on Jan 7, 12 8:07 AM
yes, i have been waiting for a more sophisticated m3 game, and there is some of that here, but not for the story line or characters. and i have been having a difficult time trying to figure out how to progress the boards' levels, i have only been able to redo the tutorials over and over,lol.
i am a bit frustrated in finding the thread to continue leveling.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 7, 12 8:45 AM
THANKS so much Valdy and Casualgran .

Now that I know there is an untimed/relaxed mode, I am going to give this game a try, wouldn't have even tried the demo otherwise.
I do love M3 games, but have never bought any in this series, because they always made my nerves jittery, with running out of time, so I couldn't relax and enjoy like my other M3 games.
So KUDO'S to the developers, for finally giving me, what I wanted, and I'm sure many others will also be pleased, with this added feature, which = more sales.
And for those that liked timed, they can still play the timed, so everyone is happy.
Off to try the demo, to make sure I like the rest of the game play, this one has to offer .

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 7, 12 9:40 AM
I have just finished region 1. Yayyy !! Really enjoying this game.

And, as I said in the "Comments" thread: I love those characters, which give you kind of power-ups. Some characters give you extra time (if you are playing in timed mode), and one of them turns a tile into gold, and another one does a reshuffle of the board, and another one gives you bombs. There are 5 characters to choose from.

This is a great M3 game. Lots and lots of variety with the boards - quite unique, some of them - and I love the fact that the boards don't change from the "swap" mode to other modes. Don't care for other modes. Swap modes are the only ones I play.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Jan 7, 12 10:25 AM
I"m not a huge M3 lover, but I've always enjoyed Jewel Quest, especially when they introduced Hidden Object into the game play. This is, well, boring. An out dated basic M3 game with a ridiculous story line and way too many voice overs, talk about 'overkill'. It's like it's trying to be an adventure game when it really does'nt come close. It's a M3 for goodness sake. I deleted after 15 mins. It's a shame because I have always enjoyed them in the past.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 7, 12 10:53 AM
There were no easy outs for this game. I like it when you get something for getting five in a row, like a hammer to get a gem that's in a nasty little corner. I didn't like the story line that was forced on you. I only like to play the game not listen to a bunch of people yammering. But that's just me. It seems like jewel quest never really changes all that much. I did like the option to play untimed cause I really don't like to play match three games against the clock. I like to play this type of game to relax, cause face it, it's not the most challenging type of game. So making it available in the untimed mode was really nice. However I won't be buying it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 7, 12 10:59 AM
I demoed this a good while back, when it was first released, and I didn't like it enough to buy at that time. I have bought most of the jewel quest games in the past, and always got frustrated with the timer. Then the one before this, I didn't buy as the hos were horrible. The graphics made it almost impossible to play without constantly hitting the hint button. I have seven free credits, so may give this one another try...maybe.

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Jan 7, 12 11:11 AM
I too, have all the Jewel Quest games. The only one I regretted buying was the last HOG they put out. It was horrible.

I went ahead a bought this one. There are a couple of things I dislike: the "Ready, Set, Go" thing at the beginning of each game is just annoying. If I wasn't ready or set to go, I wouldn't be playing. I also clicked on the "no tutorial" and "no hints" buttons but you get them anyway whether you want them or not. I've played enough M3 games now to get it.

Other than that, I loved it. Especially the fact that you can play untimed. Yay! I have never finished a Jewel Quest M3 before because it got too fast for me and I just couldn't beat that timer. So this is perfect for me. You can play the first ones timed and then change to relaxed later if you can't beat the timer. I like that a lot. It has a couple of different types of M3 too which makes it less of the same old, same old. I also like that you can skip over the story. The first time, sure - it's kind of fun to know the story but on replaying the game, you don't want to hear it again. Or read it.

All in all, about a 3 out of 5 but worth using a credit or freebie. Or wait until it comes out as a DD.

Alpaca210
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Alpaca210 on Jan 7, 12 11:24 AM
WiccanWoman530 wrote:
Alpaca210 wrote:LOVED IT Definate buy for me

Love the name! I got some alpaca boots and a sweater for christmas, and them. (sorry for going off topic) ..just wondering how you came to have that SN?

Glad to see some fans of the series giving this a I'm sure I'll love it too. Will update with a review when I get a chance to play. Happy gaming to all the JQ fans.

Alpaca210
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Alpaca210 on Jan 7, 12 11:27 AM
lol wiccanwoman, im assuming you mean my sign in name?? correct me if im wrong i have 2 alpaca thats why i chose it lol

Go to: