[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jan 7, 12 12:52 AM
Any comments fishes?

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:Todays DD 7 January 12

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jan 7, 12 6:06 AM
Well no reply so far cleoladycat so not sure what to make of this one . DL fine then started to play and the game shut down three times in 5 mins which is a shame because I really like the look of it . Will carry on with the trial and see how it goes , but a bargain's not a bargain if it it does'nt work

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Jan 7, 12 9:55 AM
I passed on this game in the past without even trying it because reviews mentioned dark scenes. Now that I decided to play the trial I don't consider the scenes really dark. I would say some of them look a little hazy and what I've seen is not colorful, but for the most part I haven't had trouble finding the hidden objects. My problem is that by the end of the trial I was wandering around aimlessly; couldn't find the one scene that the map indicated I had missed. I have quite a collection of inventory items that I can't seem to use yet.and It's getting confusing. I do like the game and would hate to miss out on a good one, so it's probably worth a buy at the DD price.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Jan 7, 12 10:48 AM
I think i had this on my buy later list cause i only had a few minutes left on the trial. When i don't remember a game tho, i always restart at the beginning. Seems like a fairly straight forward HOG (which i've been looking for. My husband has tired of adventures). Some inventory items can't be used until you find another 1 or 2 to complete the set - a sort of FROG influence there.

Anyway, it's a buy for me. Great bargain and i love the Hidden Mysteries series.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jan 7, 12 11:15 AM
Can't figure out why I don't have this one already - thought I had all the HOGs involving Salem - so it must have been one of those "I'll get that one during a sale" games that I totally forgot to subsequently buy. Good for me - I get it at the DD price today!

I like the Hidden Mysteries series so I'm looking forward to this one.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jan 7, 12 1:39 PM
This is an OK game at the DD price. I didn't like the hidden object scenes, they wsere to dark, to junk pile, and required at least 1 hint per scene. I found it to be a lot of running around reading keep out notes on doors. The weather has been great, so I'm not desperate for a game. No buy for me on this one.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Jan 7, 12 2:37 PM
This is a shortened version of the comments I made after finishing the game.

This game has a lot going for it, but I am not sure 'atmosphere' is one of them. The choice of coloring and images does give it an old-time, creepy feel. Not a lot of color.

It is heavy on the H0G scenes, which got a bit too much for me. The H0G scenes are scattered junk piles.The H0G scenes were clear enough with some small but findable items. Hints recharge quickly.

The city of Salem is big for a walking-around IH0G game, but there is a map. And, if there is a H0G site that you haven't hit yet, sparkles on the map will indicate where. There is a good bit of walking around and some back tracking.

Besides the map, there is a list of tasks. To the left of each is a box with a '?' in it. If you need a hint, click on the '?.' Thanks to those hints (I needed one) I didn't need to use the walkthrough at all. A big plus in my book!

There is a lot to do, so keep an eye on your inventory. Some unique actions are required. Not many mini games, but most are do-able and SKIPPABLE.

An excellent game with hours of game play. A little too heavy on the H0G scenes for me and bit drab, but a great game.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 7, 12 3:11 PM
EnvirEng wrote:This is a shortened version of the comments I made after finishing the game.

This game has a lot going for it, but I am not sure 'atmosphere' is one of them. The choice of coloring and images does give it an old-time, creepy feel. Not a lot of color.

It is heavy on the H0G scenes, which got a bit too much for me. The H0G scenes are scattered junk piles.The H0G scenes were clear enough with some small but findable items. Hints recharge quickly.

The city of Salem is big for a walking-around IH0G game, but there is a map. And, if there is a H0G site that you haven't hit yet, sparkles on the map will indicate where. There is a good bit of walking around and some back tracking.

Besides the map, there is a list of tasks. To the left of each is a box with a '?' in it. If you need a hint, click on the '?.' Thanks to those hints (I needed one) I didn't need to use the walkthrough at all. A big plus in my book!

There is a lot to do, so keep an eye on your inventory. Some unique actions are required. Not many mini games, but most are do-able and SKIPPABLE.

An excellent game with hours of game play. A little too heavy on the H0G scenes for me and bit drab, but a great game.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Great review, EnvirEng! I thought it was very informative and well written.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jan 7, 12 3:40 PM
I played the hour demo of this game. I do like all the hidden object scenes and how you can go all over the place. I'm on the fence as to whether to buy or not. The coloring of the game makes me a little sleepy staring intently at it. I just don't know

[Post New]by ManatiPuertoRico on Jan 7, 12 6:20 PM
brookings wrote:This is an OK game at the DD price. I didn't like the hidden object scenes, they wsere to dark, to junk pile, and required at least 1 hint per scene. I found it to be a lot of running around reading keep out notes on doors. The weather has been great, so I'm not desperate for a game. No buy for me on this one.

Have to agree with you didn't even finished the demo. I was going to get it as BD present (FOR ME), but I guess I will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. It may be a belated BD present for me from me

Go to: