Aussiemim
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Finishing the game

[Post New]by Aussiemim on Jan 7, 12 3:09 AM
Much as I am enjoying this game, it is driving me crazy! I cannot get enough gold, food and resources to finish even after deliberately letting time run out and replaying the level several times as suggested in another post. Last time I got the message that I had finished the game but not won it, I hadn't even reached half the gold, etc needed.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Finishing the game

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 7, 12 7:32 AM
Hi Aussiemim, do you have all the citizens and the 100 treasure chests trophy? Most of the citizens require some going out of your way excess matching to get, which increases your resources not just by doing the extra matches, but some of the citizens give you extra resources on future boards. Collecting treasure chests is also extra "work" but allows you to buy a lot of the buildings sooner and is easiest to do in the first 25 boards. It gets really hard to work for citizens or treasure chests in the final epoch, so you might want to create a new player and start over. Hope that helps.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jan 10, 12 4:09 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Hi Aussiemim, do you have all the citizens and the 100 treasure chests trophy? Most of the citizens require some going out of your way excess matching to get, which increases your resources not just by doing the extra matches, but some of the citizens give you extra resources on future boards. Collecting treasure chests is also extra "work" but allows you to buy a lot of the buildings sooner and is easiest to do in the first 25 boards. It gets really hard to work for citizens or treasure chests in the final epoch, so you might want to create a new player and start over. Hope that helps.

Start the game over again to get everything? No, thank you.

Is there a way where a person can REPLAY lower levels by clicking on the icons that state you've completed said number of levels?

MEnr56

Aussiemim
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Aussiemim on Jan 13, 12 9:32 PM
Hi SynthpopAddict,
I think I have all the citizens and always click on the treasure chests but will check in the trophy room. The game only lets me get as far as $49,000 gold in the last game and then tells me I have finished and to go back. I have replayed from the start 3 times and had 9 lives left this last time - this is very frustrating for a senior citizen - I can see the computer going out of the window!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 14, 12 6:17 AM
Aussiemim wrote:Hi SynthpopAddict,
I think I have all the citizens and always click on the treasure chests but will check in the trophy room. The game only lets me get as far as $49,000 gold in the last game and then tells me I have finished and to go back. I have replayed from the start 3 times and had 9 lives left this last time - this is very frustrating for a senior citizen - I can see the computer going out of the window!

Can't blame you for being frustrated! I read elsewhere if you run out of lives and restart the game it will take you back to the beginning of the last epoch you unlocked. In your case it would be the fifth epoch which starts somewhere in the 70s level-wise. Another fishie said they did this, made sure they didn't buy time, and then deliberately replayed the last level over a few times until enough resources were gained.

Aussiemim
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Aussiemim on Jan 15, 12 10:03 PM
Hi again,
I didn't think to check the awards as scores don't bother me but I did, and you are quite right! I didn't have all the citizens or trophies so am going through the game for about the millionth time and being careful to get everything needed.
Thanks very much for your help in saving my sanity!

Go to: