peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Things the game should have explained better

[Post New]by peutetre on Jan 7, 12 6:25 AM
While I am very happy with most of the game, it would have helped for certain things to have been explained a bit better (if they were, I missed them). For example, when you upgrade the office, not only are your ordered item loads increased but your production from other buildings increases and your haul from chopping down trees increases.

This is especially important on those levels where you need lots of scaffolding and beams. Instead of alternating orders of iron and wood, a tree will now give you 40 wood--enough to make an order of scaffolding. If you leave enough tree spots unbuilt, you will have a constant supply of wood without ordering.

It took me a while to figure that out and changed the way I complete levels.

I'm sure there are other tips that should have been included (in a perfect world). I look forward to learning them from the other avid players!

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

Re:Things the game should have explained better

[Post New]by Badut on Jan 7, 12 6:34 PM
I figured that out the hard way, too - took a while

SeaTurtle7
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SeaTurtle7 on Jan 8, 12 1:07 PM
Thank you for these hints and helping me turn silver into gold!

Emmy142
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Emmy142 on Jan 16, 12 5:56 PM
And you can upgrade Foundaries! That would have been nice to know. I've been floundering here and couldn't figure it out. Durrrrrr. Never even saw that option until it was mentioned here. My bad for not paying close enough attention...but yes it all could have been better explained. I may start over now that I have figured some things out. Grrrrr.

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on May 8, 14 9:55 AM
I kind of like having to figure things out for myself. Like upgrading anything but the office in this game only increases speed, not output. If you are into tips, there is plenty of help in this forum.

In the last game of this series, it changes. Upgrading a building increases its output. Took me a bit to figure that out!

Go to: