allie_katt
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

Does anyone else get the impression that the game is rigged?

[Post New]by allie_katt on Jan 7, 12 9:58 AM
Here's an example- I had J Q, and only one other player stayed in. The flop was 2 5 9, all different suits. I picked up a Q on the turn, and my opponent went all-in. I called, and he showed his hand- he had 7 A, off-suit. And then miraculously, he gets an A on the river and wins.

Now, why on earth would any sane person go all-in with that hand unless they already knew that they were going to win with the river?

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Does anyone else get the impression that the game is rigged?

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Jan 7, 12 6:59 PM
Couldn't agree with Allie more! I kinda figured that one out after playing the game for a few hours. Game is rigged as all get out. Whether you have any skill at playing cards and knowing how to bid or raise or bluff a hand makes no dif. Outcome is definitely pre-determined at most tournaments. The other players will always know what your hole (down) cards are. The programmers weren't wise enough to code an ignore order into the game. Ever get dealt a pair of aces for your hole cards and make even a modest bid going around the table pre-flop? Ever notice how fast ALL the other players will fold UNLESS they know that your pair of aces will receive no help from the flop, river and turn and they can eventually beat you out with a two pair or something else? I have also lost so many hands when I've had two pair that it isn't funny. Too often to just be coincidence.

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Jan 8, 12 5:57 PM
A little further proof to lend credence to the fact that the other players know your hole cards. Just got done playing for the goldmine, which I won. Every hand I lost that went all the way thru, meaning the river was dealt, the computer players partner who was just spectating would start to applaud before the hole cards were even turned up! No way to know who won the hand without seeing what the hole cards were and this guy was clapping already for his partners winning hand. Any further proof needed? I do not know why I keep playing this bad game. Guess I'm just gonna finish it, beat the governor and delete this thing from my computer. No sense in doing it again once you've completed it as there is really no variety in the way you beat this game.

allie_katt
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by allie_katt on Jan 8, 12 7:54 PM
Nice. If there is ever a third installment, I certainly hope the devs fix that issue. Plus, they need to improve the randomized deal, or teach the dealer to shuffle, Do you know how many A 9 combos I get as my hole cards? It seems like every 2 or three hands!

And the only reason I'm still playing is sheer stubbornness... I hate to leave a game unfinished. Ordinarily I would keep playing until I win all the awards, but I really hate that prospect- it'll take forever.

Which reminds me of another annoying thing about this game- apparently the devs don't know the difference between beating a player and busting a player,. I have "beaten" a player who is on fire at least 7 times now, meaning that we have both played a hand to the end and I have won, and I have yet to get the award. So I can only assume they mean I have to bust them to get it.

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Jan 9, 12 6:35 PM
Yep, I was only playing to actualy finish the game which I finally did today!! Took a few tries but won everything except a medal or 2 (Good fold, beat 4 of a kind-which is impossible in this game) and finally beat the guv, which took a few tries. Good luck to you. I too have beaten a player on fire and not won the award. I also came back from needing chips in one tourny and the game gypped me out of the medal. I did a lot of cussing with this game so I do not know if I am looking forward to a 3rd installment or not.

allie_katt
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by allie_katt on Jan 9, 12 9:01 PM
Gah!! I forgot about the coming back from a "needs chips" award. That's it, I am not going to play again for at least a week!

I wonder if maybe the devs secretly hate the people who play their games.

allie_katt
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by allie_katt on Jan 9, 12 9:02 PM
Oh, and congrats on finishing the game. I just have to beat the governor, and then I too will be free =)

allie_katt
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by allie_katt on Jan 10, 12 9:46 AM
And one more thing that I think is evidence that the game is cheating- every time I am dealt a low pair, someone else was dealt a higher pair

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Jan 10, 12 12:01 PM
Thanks. One word of caution in playing the guv. If you lose you will have to buy back all the houses in Dallas where the guv is located. You will also be knocked back to number 3 or 4 notorious player so you will have to get to number 2 again in order to play the guv. No big deal really because after the guv you've basically done it all on this game minus a medal or 2. Good luck, and before I forget, it took me around 800 game days to finish this silly thing. I read somewhere that someone had done it in like 365 days. Must have had a glitch in his game version.

allie_katt
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by allie_katt on Jan 10, 12 12:28 PM
I don't know- did you buy the game from this site? I think there's a collector's edition and a standard edition, I've noticed a lot of posts making reference to tournaments that aren't in my game. I'm around day 400, and I'm about to challenge the governor for the second time, I lost to him the first time.

My version of the game doesn't have the riverboat or the oilfields, for example. I can win the stagecoach and the train, and the coal mine and copper mine, and that's it.

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Jan 10, 12 3:21 PM
Mine is the premium version and does have the car, riverboat, oilfields, etc. on it.

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 4:24:14 PM PST

[Post New]by stormmontana7 on Feb 15, 12 10:43 AM
I agree with you all. I am sorry I got this game. Will not be getting another. And I didnt know they had a premium one. Geez! This sucks.

PM77
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by PM77 on Feb 15, 12 10:02 PM
Thank goodness it isn't just me then that thinks the game is rigged

Another point I seem to see is, often the player with the least chips miraculously wins the hand!

camskye
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by camskye on Mar 27, 12 8:18 AM
UMM.....
THIS GAME IS NOT STUPID OR RIGGED IF YOU GUYS ARE PLAYING THE PC VERSION OF MY TRIBE THEN YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allie_katt
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by allie_katt on Mar 27, 12 8:40 AM
Hey, camskye, are you sure that you're in the right forum?

Go to: