bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Be Rich - Updated Version Released Today, January 19th

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jan 19, 09 12:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

We have another new build of Be Rich available on the website right now. This new update is another attempt to correct the errors that users have been reporting in the forums. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from your purchase history under the My Account tab on our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

Re:Be Rich - Updated Version Released Today, January 19th

[Post New]by matzouni on Jan 20, 09 1:58 AM
I reinstalled the game but my antivirus (nod 32) blocked some components again. Can you do something?

[Post New]by nuggerb on Jan 20, 09 3:23 AM
The Fix Works!!! Thanks!!!

Bomber12
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Bomber12 on Jan 20, 09 7:53 AM
woo hoo it works for me too !

[Post New]by soonergrl1310 on Jan 20, 09 12:31 PM
Hey if the update doesn't work try uninstalling your shockwave player(I have a adobe) and then uninstall your game. Reinstall your shockwave player and then reinstall the game. Found this in an earlier post and tried it and it worked...I can finally play this game...YES!!!

[Post New]by somabks on Jan 20, 09 1:12 PM
Will this new version correct the problem of already existing buildings never becoming available to buy even though they are needed to complete the level?

steffwhitt
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by steffwhitt on Jan 21, 09 5:49 AM
this fix works for me too.tx

gbfans66
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by gbfans66 on Jan 21, 09 8:12 AM
Finally had time this morning to uninstall & reinstall the game. I still got the error about the virus, but added it to exceptions and played out the remaining free minutes and it worked fine. Loved it and have purchased it now! THANK YOU SO MUCH BFG!!!!!

[Post New]by Mina32 on Jan 21, 09 8:49 AM
I just tried downloading this game - and my Anti-virus is detecting Spyware.
I cannot download it.

FishinFem
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by FishinFem on Jan 21, 09 3:39 PM
WHOO HOO it's working 3rd times the charm lol
finished the trial.... bought the game and am now finished it just going back around it trying to get expert on everything but some levels seem almost impossible to get expert on lol oh well just real happy the game is fixed and works great ..........
except one little thing....... it still sets my AVG antivirus off but i just clicked add to exceptions and it hasn't bothered me since

[Post New]by fenianheart on Jan 21, 09 5:09 PM
If anyone is still having problems after the latest fix, as I was: go to [URL Removed by Moderator]. I did this and it downloaded quickly and easily through the bf game manager. I finally got to play and just finished!
Cheers!

Edited on 01/21/2009 at 5:16:33 PM PST

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jan 21, 09 5:19 PM
Hi Fenianheart,

I'm sorry but I had to remove the link you had written in your post. The posting of website addresses to outside websites is strictly forbidden on these forums. If you have any questions please feel free to review the FAQ's. There is a link to them on the right side of this page.

bfgErie

katy147
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by katy147 on Jan 22, 09 6:22 AM
I downloaded it again and got the installation failed.

[Post New]by jennbrjc6 on Jan 22, 09 8:38 AM
Thanks BF, it WORKS!!!

dtrr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by dtrr on Jan 23, 09 5:11 PM
i have uninstalled and reinstalled shockwave and be rich and i still cant get the game to work darn i so want to play this game

[Post New]by geeknee on Jan 23, 09 5:18 PM
this game still does not work for me ..please help i really want to play it

[Post New]by irish2 on Jan 24, 09 4:41 PM
nuggerb wrote:The Fix Works!!! Thanks!!!

So are you saying that you were able to get the two bungalows to 6% and to restore the Chateau?
If you did could you tell me how you were able to do it?
Thanks
Shirley

waxtadpole
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by waxtadpole on Jan 27, 09 9:50 PM
irish2 wrote:
nuggerb wrote:The Fix Works!!! Thanks!!!

So are you saying that you were able to get the two bungalows to 6% and to restore the Chateau?
If you did could you tell me how you were able to do it?
Thanks
Shirley

It takes several steps. (and it's 60%, not 6, but if you're like me, your fingers didn't get to the zero hard enough!)

Look at the map of the level.

There is a two-story house on the block at top right. You have to buy and demolish it.

Then build a Chinese Garden above the mansion in the block immediately to the left of that (a mansion that you do not own when the level begins, the one sitting on the premium lot). Build one bungalow where the two-story house that you demolished was located. Build the other bungalow in the next block immediately below that one, right across from the mansion. Both of those bungalows now should be within the radius of the Chinese garden. Now put in a statue or a park next to each bungalow (statues have slightly more points than parks do). Fill in the rest of the needed percentage with fountains and trees. Note that one of the bungalows may already have a fountain next to it, and points for fountains and trees are not cumulative. In other words, if you buy more than one fountain (each fountain having 10% bonus), you will still only get the 10% bonus. Likewise, with trees you only get the 5% bonus once, no matter how many trees you buy. I had to try this several times before I was able to build and upgrade and get the bonus points for the bungalows, to get the farmers to sell their houses.

Note that trees and fountains do appear to have a cumulative effect when you are buying them to improve the appearance of the town. It's just for the purpose of adding bonus percentage to a particular house that they only count once.

Good luck.

Edited on 01/27/2009 at 9:52:44 PM PST

Go to: