shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

Re:Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island forum

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 24, 09 8:52 AM
This game was SOOO freaking difficult! I don't consider myself an amateur adventure game player either, and yet I was stuck at pretty much every place once getting off the beach for the first time. I had to use a walkthrough for the whole game practically, which really sucks the fun out of it.

I wouldn't recommend this game for anyone but the most advanced adventure game player. While it is really beautiful to look at and can be fun to play, it just required too many leaps of logic when it comes to using items from the inventory in the environment. And speaking of inventory - that was perhaps what made it such a difficult game. When you have an inventory with nearly 100 active items in it, and you don't need to use all of them - it just becomes way too much to manage.

jrbrett1
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by jrbrett1 on Feb 4, 09 1:13 PM
I created new disscusion,nobody answered: Making pots,wheel only spis when I'm not holding unfired bricks(clay)!Doesn't spin if I'm holding them!!I'mWAY STUCK,on this part.Also I can't find staw for bed(alternative)HELP PLEASE!!!!

[Post New]by tambone1122 on Feb 26, 09 3:44 PM
question i have never bought a large file game.i have most of the hidden object games and loved azada and return to ravenhearst.what is a really good large file game that has alot of diffrent puzzles in it

[Post New]by Cat_robinson on Mar 1, 09 8:16 AM
I am stuck on the beach. I have eaten everything but the coconuts. When I try to use the knife on them, the interface tells me those objects can not be combined. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cat

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 1, 09 8:18 AM
Cat_robinson wrote:I am stuck on the beach. I have eaten everything but the coconuts. When I try to use the knife on them, the interface tells me those objects can not be combined. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cat

Hi Cat_robinson- welcome to the forums!

Are you combining them inside your inventory?

[Post New]by Cat_robinson on Mar 1, 09 8:25 AM
Yes, I am. That is telling me that those objects can not be used together.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 1, 09 8:28 AM
Cat_robinson wrote:Yes, I am. That is telling me that those objects can not be used together.

Is the knife still combined with the flint? Trying to think of all possibilities...

[Post New]by Cat_robinson on Mar 1, 09 8:30 AM
No. It is just the knife. I even made another knife and it does not work either.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 1, 09 8:35 AM
Cat_robinson wrote:No. It is just the knife. I even made another knife and it does not work either.

Hmmm..and it's not the knife with handle.. I just looked at a walkthrough to see. Not sure what else to try.

[Post New]by Cat_robinson on Mar 1, 09 8:38 AM
Yes the handle is still attached. Should I break it apart?

[Post New]by Cat_robinson on Mar 1, 09 8:42 AM
Ok. I got it. I broke the knife apart and it worked. Thanks for your help.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 1, 09 8:48 AM
Cat_robinson wrote:Ok. I got it. I broke the knife apart and it worked. Thanks for your help.

OK- Super! Glad you were able to get it working! Enjoy the rest of the game.

[Post New]by salpolestick39 on Mar 3, 09 5:11 AM
how do you get pass the snake please

[Post New]by monalisa078 on Mar 13, 09 2:39 AM
Can any-one please tell me how dismantlable the fishing rod (if is possible)

Thanks

[Post New]by strongnata on Mar 18, 09 1:37 AM
can anyone tell me where can I find dead seal on the beach? I want it for repairing bellows. please help me.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 18, 09 6:44 AM
monalisa078 wrote:Can any-one please tell me how dismantlable the fishing rod (if is possible)

Thanks

Hi Monalisa078 - welcome to the forums!

Inside your inventory, there is a place to dissassemble items.....

Hope this helps!

PrplDva

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 18, 09 6:45 AM
strongnata wrote:can anyone tell me where can I find dead seal on the beach? I want it for repairing bellows. please help me.

Hi Strongnata- welcome to the forums!

The seal will appear automatically on the beach a few steps from the high cave...where the game started..

Hope this helps!

PrplDva

[Post New]by strongnata on Mar 19, 09 12:17 AM
I've found it. thanks a lot

[Post New]by sharon34472 on Mar 19, 09 11:20 AM
I agree, this game is too hard and I am also a pretty experienced player. If it didn't have a walkthrough, I would have canned it by now. The inventory should have been made to hold ALL articles. When there are no more slots, you can't get rid of what you have in your hand.I am frustrated now and wish I hadn't had to pay for this to play it. I should have gone for Nostrdamas

[Post New]by Graytwo on Mar 20, 09 2:11 PM
strongnata wrote:can anyone tell me where can I find dead seal on the beach? I want it for repairing bellows. please help me.

Go to: