bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 8, 12 12:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Jan 8, 12 4:00 AM
just downloaded this and it says my trial has expired , not even played it yet, why has this happened. thanks

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Post any White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 8, 12 4:18 AM
lanzakaren wrote:just downloaded this and it says my trial has expired , not even played it yet, why has this happened. thanks

Try uninstalling and redownloading--that sometimes works.

icemaidenq
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by icemaidenq on Jan 8, 12 5:24 AM
I am unable to exit the Snow kitchen. There is no arrow to leave - only the eyeball - and the strategy guide is telling me I need to go to the wall panel by the holding cell to get the cleaner. I've tried to switch to custom cursor and then turn off. I tried closing and then restarting game. Maybe I'm missing something easy, but I don't think so....

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Jan 8, 12 6:21 AM
Game froze. Had to exit. Restarted and it said the save file was corrupted and I had to start from the beginning. Of course, this is right AFTER I purchased. If this happens again, I will ask for a refund. Getting a little tired of problems in CE's.

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by cmh47 on Jan 8, 12 7:03 AM
I've just unistalled the game after only playing for 6 minutes. I got told there was a script error when I tried to open the first sparkle area at the gate after lighting the lamp. I may want to play this game but I am not prepared to re install the game to try it. It is about time that BF made sure that ALL games are completely playable with no technical problems before putting them on the game sight.

[Post New]by gevans98gail on Jan 8, 12 7:56 AM
I am also unable to exit the snow kitchen even after re-starting and re-loading the game.

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Jan 8, 12 8:10 AM
Re ost any White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gevans98gail on Jan 8, 12 7:56 AM
I am also unable to exit the snow kitchen even after re-starting and re-loading the game.

I'm not sure if you did this, but you have to complete the soup, eat it, and then you are able to leave the snow kitchen. This part is not a glitch.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 8, 12 8:43 AM
Anybody else having trouble even downloading it? I've tried twice and keep getting an error message. I've never had difficulty downloading a game before.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jan 8, 12 10:17 AM
LKimo - I can't get the veggies to go in the pot for soup in the snow kitchen. When they pass over the cutting board I am unable to "click" on them without my cursor down throwing me out of it. I have tried repeatedly to get this to work, but I'm frustrated now to say the least.

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Jan 8, 12 10:35 AM
My problem came when I tried to exit. Completely froze on Exit screen - had to try ctrl, alt del several times before it would close. Then had an error message to say there was a problem with a "plug in" whatever that is.
Otherwise an interesting game although slow between scenes.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 8, 12 3:02 PM
sonofstar wrote:Anybody else having trouble even downloading it? I've tried twice and keep getting an error message. I've never had difficulty downloading a game before.

Hi sonofstar,

If you're still having troubles downloading this game, please give the steps in this help article a try:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If that doesn't help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 01/08/2012 at 3:02:20 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 8, 12 3:04 PM
LKlimo wrote:Game froze. Had to exit. Restarted and it said the save file was corrupted and I had to start from the beginning. Of course, this is right AFTER I purchased. If this happens again, I will ask for a refund. Getting a little tired of problems in CE's.

Hi LKlimo (also gevans98gail and Tink44),

For freezing or crashing issues, please refer to the following help article, as an update or two to your system may take care of these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your issues persist, please contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bc54321
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bc54321 on Jan 9, 12 7:38 AM
ONLY FINISHED THE SPARKLE AREA THEN GAME CRASHED CLD NOT GET OUT HAD TO USE ALT THE MENU DID NOT WORK EVERYTHING FROZE
THIS WHY IF U CHECK MY ACCT U WILL SEE I AM NOT PURCHASING AS I DID
IN THE PAST DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE AND HIRE A TESTER THANK U

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Jan 9, 12 10:52 AM
I cut the barbed wire, put up the ladder, & took the piece to finish the sun dial (opening the door) yet the Strategy guide seems to be stuck on this section. Did I miss something? or is it a problem in the game?

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Jan 9, 12 2:39 PM
Ckristi88 I have the very same problem. Don't understand what to do or what I havent done.
please anyone else having this challenge, let us know at this post.
Thank you,
Vallarina

jrunchey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jrunchey on Jan 9, 12 4:01 PM
Vallarina wrote:Ckristi88 I have the very same problem. Don't understand what to do or what I havent done.
please anyone else having this challenge, let us know at this post.
Thank you,
Vallarina

having the same problem also.

[Post New]by Redbeard691 on Jan 10, 12 9:40 AM
I to am stuck at the sundial, I can't seem to get the other peice of the sundail i've went over the whole game an checked to see if i missed something but i'm pretty sure i have done everything right i just can't get the other peice of the sundail To open the door.By the way where did i get a sythes at an what is it for? Can't find it in the guide book.Hummmmm.
If nothing else can i get a defferent game for free?
Thank You For Your Time.
Dan.

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 3:28:41 PM PST

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Jan 13, 12 10:39 PM
This game was not running correctly. Crashed my computer. Corrupted a file on it. I uninstalled immediately after rebooting my computer.

Leslie318
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Leslie318 on Jan 14, 12 7:18 PM
Got through game and went to bonus game. I cannot use the tape, paperclip and pencil. they refuse to get together.

Go to: