[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jan 9, 12 12:01 AM
Any comments fishes?

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Todays DD January 9 2012

[Post New]by govols2 on Jan 9, 12 12:19 AM
Just a quick look through the comments and general opinion seemed to be it was really short ( like less than 2 hours) and apparently no skip on puzzles. Screen shots are weird too. Don't seem to show anything happening. Just pictures. Can't tell if this is primarily a HOG game or something else entirely. Will wait to see what others comment

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 9, 12 1:33 AM
My review is based on trial. I think it's a good game and totally worth DD prices. It's more like a Ihog. The objects can be hard to see, but the hint button helps if you get stuck. I like the story and I always turn the music down to low or off. The music fits the theme of the game. I really like the love story and it's based on some truth. For me this is buy. It's most definitely worth a try. Enjoy!

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Jan 9, 12 4:24 AM
This is one of the games I dislike most of all the games I have ever purchased at Big Fish. Beautiful to look at, but soooo tedious and boring.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jan 9, 12 5:09 AM
I had this marked as 'DD Only' in my notes from when it was released. Just tried it now on a Win7x64 machine that replaced an XP machine. Apparently, the game is not compatible with my graphics card. Screen flickers. I cannot select any of the game buttons on the first screen, so could not even play the game.

Any suggestions to make this playable? Otherwise, I'm just going to cross this one off my DD list.

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jan 9, 12 5:13 AM
I had no problem with the demo and as simple of a game as it is, I rather enjoyed it. But once I BOUGHT the game and re-started it, I lost my inventory. I really don't want to restart with a new profile. Took me a while to get past that darn water ring mini-game. Anyone else have this problem. Or anway to get the inventory back?

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 9, 12 5:20 AM
govols2 wrote:Just a quick look through the comments and general opinion seemed to be it was really short ( like less than 2 hours) and apparently no skip on puzzles. Screen shots are weird too. Don't seem to show anything happening. Just pictures. Can't tell if this is primarily a HOG game or something else entirely. Will wait to see what others comment

You hit on one of my pet peeves: 3 screenshots for Hidden Object
Games and none of them show H0s.

Pretty game, but not my type of H0s. Finding specific rocks in a screen
full of rocks; so many types of bugs that all looked alike to me; and 16
butterflies, just not my cup of tea. Hint system was helpful for H0s,
but with no skip on puzzles and a walkthrough that does not show
puzzle solution, but just tells me to put pieces in place, it's a no buy
for me.

Edited on 01/09/2012 at 7:15:59 AM PST

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 9, 12 9:40 AM
I remember 'trying' this game a year or so ago?...loved the graphics, but totally dislike the 'no skip' in this game on the puzzles!
The game d/l fine, no obvious 'glitches', cannot remember music feature...well was too 'overly overly flustrated' when it took at least 15 minutes off my allotment of time to do the first puzzle!
Am in agreement with rocks with mega mounds of other brown rocks, flowers in bushes of colorful flowers, gems that are 'wee mini' size included in the colorful landscape...I believe those few 'flustrating' features was the reason for a 'no buy' the first time I tried the game!
BTW...the storyline and information was a 'plus' for the game....otherwise only if you have 20/15 vision and the 'patience' of an angel ...then its only to say 'try it'...

...Lets

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 9, 12 1:51 PM
I found this to be a nice little game with beautiful graphics.
I am enjoying reading the history of the Taj Mahal.
Some of the objects in the H0s are very small, however, I found them doable.
The music can be a bit much, so I turned it down some, but overall I am enjoying the game.
No problems with d/l and so far no tech problems in the game.
I see from some of the posts that the game may be on the short side, but, I like to take my time and at DD pricing it's a buy for me.
Happy Gaming All
BK

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jan 9, 12 2:23 PM
I was intrigued by this game, then I read the post about the "rings in the water" game and went "Uh oh! NOW I remember this game". It IS beautiful and the historical info was interesting but "no skip" on a Simon-type puzzle makes this an automatic no buy for me. Just can't do these things (couldn't even when I used to have a memory ). Thanks to whoever mentioned that, you saved me DL'ing. However, if these puzzles aren't a problem for you, this game is worth a try.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jan 9, 12 3:28 PM
KIW0612 wrote:I had no problem with the demo and as simple of a game as it is, I rather enjoyed it. But once I BOUGHT the game and re-started it, I lost my inventory. I really don't want to restart with a new profile. Took me a while to get past that darn water ring mini-game. Anyone else have this problem. Or anway to get the inventory back?

YES, I was informed that I'd completed 2 chapters and had 2 tiles (I guess that's what they were called) in my inventory BUT when I bought this game and went back into it, I saw NO TILES, and had ALL of my jewels and the key!!!!

Worse yet, you've got NO way of going back to the spot you need to return to in order to put these items where they belonged. I looked at the map and clicked on the area that I needed to return to and it just TOTALLY IGNORES my request and keeps me right where I'm at. I did manage to get to the spot wherein I have to find 20 tiles BUT it did NOT give me the tile in my inventory.

I don't want to have to RESTART this game; that's like being told that I WASTED an hour playing.

MENr56

Edited on 01/09/2012 at 3:29:41 PM PST

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jan 9, 12 5:24 PM
This game is just a lot of nonsense. No buy here.

[Post New]by brb1199119 on Jan 11, 12 6:33 PM
WIsh I had not bought this game. Nonsense is correct--very frustrating, you just keep going in circles. Actually, stupid is a better word! I have never bought a game on this site that has really, really disappointed me until I bought this game!!!

Go to: