QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

do you know?

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Jan 9, 12 2:03 AM
how to move up the levels to the top? i have tried everything i can think of with all kinds of techniques and angles. buy low, sell high. keep them happy in the green bar. don't haggle with the sellers/haggle with the sellers. etc. i have made number 5 about 20 times and number 6 one time. i can not move up any higher. anyone have suggestions? thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:do you know?

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Jan 9, 12 12:48 PM
Weirdly, I have never lost even at expert. I also rarely sell anything in the store. I auction everything and use the pairs and I'm normally in the 350,000-400,000 range. Strange. I also don't haggle. Once you figure out how to use the pairs the game gets a lot easier. I'm normally in last place until day 12 or so and then I go to the top usually by day 21 and stay there.

Try using the pairs. If you luck out and get sports collectables or auto/moto early you can make big money. But you can get big auction prices even when a paired item is not the hot item.

Some of the Hidden Object Scenes will yield very profitable items but you have to know how to use them. For example, the junkyard when military mem. is the hot item will often yield one of 3 very profitable items. Esther's is great if jewerly/vanity is the hot item.

I should try playing with no pairs at all and see what happens.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Jan 16, 12 3:21 AM
thanks so much ancientpeas. i started doing the auction only and jumped right up to #1 spot before mcquires even opened. and i just got first place top picker. thanks again. now i play several different ways.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Jan 18, 12 11:04 PM
possible spoilers -- i have played selling at the auction. then i try to sell in the store and then go to auction i have lost lots of money and am always undersold at auction. i also noticed that yellow flags are still going up on the bidding but the number has stopped for the sale. and then if it is an odd number it usually means the sale is done. like 543 or 678 not rounded out 4500 - etc. but sometimes it does stop with rounded numbers. but once you play at the auction, i am losing losing losing and after one or two sells in the store or none at all, you read: no more shoppers or none came in today. this does not happen if you do not go to auction. i also played zen and it asked am i sure i want to? and it was a disaster and did not seem as fun as the regular game against competitors. and if i picked outside the category on top i lost lots of money.

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Jan 19, 12 6:33 AM
The game is strange sometimes. Quirky.

I purposefully went around only collecting the pairs auctioning them as soon as I made the pairing and I still won. Not in the 300,000 range but I think 220,000 ish.
I did do some of the Hidden Object scenes and if something useful came up as a the free pick I took it but otherwise I didn't use that option much.

However, the game is... glitchy I'd say. I've had games where no matter what I do it won't go over 14 on the karma scale. If I play zen (I've tried it twice on different files) I can't play competively the next time. It won't give me competetors.

I really like the game but I do find it fustrating not knowing if it's going to work the way it is supposed to.

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 6:34:33 AM PST

Go to: