Mystical Island

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystical Island

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 10, 12 12:05 AM
Reunite Rick and Caitlin in Mystical Island, an incredible Hidden Object game! Get rick off of a tropical island and get him home! With no recollection of his past, it’s up to you to guide Rick and help him regain his memory. Help Caitlin track down her husband and figure out what gave Rick amnesia as you scour gorgeous locations and beautiful scenes. Get Rick off of the Mystical Island and return him to Caitlin!

Re:Mystical Island

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 10, 12 12:57 AM
After 10 minutes playing I delete the game. Found it very boring!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 10, 12 1:03 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:After 10 minutes playing I delete the game. Found it very boring!

LOL Good morning, Dobbie.

I lasted a little longer than you did.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 10, 12 1:13 AM
I lasted 11 minutes! 'Putting the kettle up' was funny! But a comb was misnamed - sorry can't remember what it was called instead - and I agree, the game was so tedious I decided not to bother.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jan 10, 12 1:31 AM
Morning vicalana the comb was called a crest and thats not the only thing that was mis - named .Did trial just for the heck of it but I cant remember a game where I've had to use so many hints just for a standard hog . A lot of the items were just too unrecognisable , even the spiders did'nt stand out . No buy for me today .

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Jan 10, 12 1:32 AM
what a truly awfull game i gave up when a baby duck turned out to be a rubber bath toy am now going to do some colouring with my grandsons crayons will be much more entertaining

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 10, 12 1:34 AM
Thanks gillydi!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 10, 12 2:00 AM
I came in to see if I had just gotten too hard-nosed and picky but I see that this isn't the case. The game is truly just very bad. Thank you all for the good results on my tolerance check... To the trash can it goes...

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 10, 12 2:10 AM
Good morning Valdy and all fishies,
Spoiler Alert:
Did you get to the plane crash scene? In the translation, the man said he noticed a plane had crashed in the jungle like it was an everyday occurrence. Then when you get to the plane they tell you to clear the doorway. Then the list appears and things included are items in the trees, on top of the fuselage, and even a parrot completely away from the plane. Then, low and behold, a bomb is found that will go off in 5 minutes. Where are the plane's passengers? Was there a rescue attempt? Who set the bomb to go off in 5 minutes? And where are they? It seems to me that with not much effort this could all be told in an intelligible and connected way but as it stands the translation just ruins what could have been a fairly interesting game.
End Spoiler Alert.
If this game was ever tested these kinds of errors could be addressed it seems.
I don't understand why some of these devs can't see there is a problem with translation and fix it----it would so greatly improve their product that they obviously put a lot of effort into.
I'll probably use a credit to get this because the hidden object scenes are fun and the puzzles are interesting. (Or maybe it's just morbid curiosity to where the translation takes it. LOL)

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Jan 10, 12 2:23 AM
cbtx wrote:Good morning Valdy and all fishies,
Spoiler Alert:
Did you get to the plane crash scene? In the translation, the man said he noticed a plane had crashed in the jungle like it was an everyday occurrence. Then when you get to the plane they tell you to clear the doorway. Then the list appears and things included are items in the trees, on top of the fuselage, and even a parrot completely away from the plane. Then, low and behold, a bomb is found that will go off in 5 minutes. Where are the plane's passengers? Was there a rescue attempt? Who set the bomb to go off in 5 minutes? And where are they? It seems to me that with not much effort this could all be told in an intelligible and connected way but as it stands the translation just ruins what could have been a fairly interesting game.
End Spoiler Alert.
If this game was ever tested these kinds of errors could be addressed it seems.
I don't understand why some of these devs can't see there is a problem with translation and fix it----it would so greatly improve their product that they obviously put a lot of effort into.
I'll probably use a credit to get this because the hidden object scenes are fun and the puzzles are interesting. (Or maybe it's just morbid curiosity to where the translation takes it. LOL)
You go girl11

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 10, 12 2:24 AM
Re: translation

In the strategy guide (in the "help" section of the game) there are very few translation errors.
Now why would the text of the game itself be rife with translation errors and not the strategy guide???????????
The strategy guide, BTW, is a big plus for the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 10, 12 3:34 AM
cbtx wrote:Good morning Valdy and all fishies,
Spoiler Alert:
Did you get to the plane crash scene? In the translation, the man said he noticed a plane had crashed in the jungle like it was an everyday occurrence. Then when you get to the plane they tell you to clear the doorway. Then the list appears and things included are items in the trees, on top of the fuselage, and even a parrot completely away from the plane.

Morning, cbtx...

I'm afraid that when I reached the crashed plane, and saw yet another HOS, I just quit, because I couldn't imagine the game getting any better or that there will be any more variations to the game.

tatsu1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by tatsu1952 on Jan 10, 12 3:49 AM
Seriuosly BFG, is there any quality control on these games? This game is dreadful in translation and naming of items. The language is so ridiculous it borders on the puerile. At the risk of repeating myself - if a developer can't be bothered to have a game checked over before they release it, then I can't be bothered spending money (or a punch card credit) on it. Simple as that.

A seriously flawed game that should never have been released in this state. Sorry if this may sound harsh to some, but this sort of thing is becoming too frequent lately. I work hard for my money and I refuse to waste it on rubbish like this.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Jan 10, 12 4:44 AM
A seriously flawed game that should never have been released in this state. Sorry if this may sound harsh to some, but this sort of thing is becoming too frequent lately. I work hard for my money and I refuse to waste it on rubbish like this.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Jan 10, 12 4:46 AM

I did finish the demo..that will tell you how desperate I am ..this is wat beyond bad to awful. The translation is laughable.

sorry its

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 10, 12 5:05 AM
You just have to love it when the game reviews are more fun and entertaining than the game itself...

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 10, 12 5:22 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:You just have to love it when the game reviews are more fun and entertaining than the game itself...

I agree, Lol! I came to read the Forum because I could see there would be some "fun" comments.

The best I can say is that the graphics are very good except for being a bit dark. The endless dialogues were so boring and tedious that I quit reading them and just clicked through them.

Minis are not difficult but occasionally could use better instructions. You can Skip them.

Misnamed items were a problem. Some things can be figured out, some not (the crest/comb).

Wide screen option is good. If you choose full screen, it looks squeezed which is the opposite of most of the games lately which have a stretched appearance if you choose wide screen.

Not a buy for me mostly because of all the endless dialogue (which also has some poor grammar and translation errors) and the dark monochrome which make it difficult to see the weird spiders. HOS often have illogical instructions as noted regarding "Clear the Door". IMO, this game could have been made much better with some tweaking. It is not really too bad but it is a No Buy for me.

[Post New]by kassandra327 on Jan 10, 12 7:48 AM
This game is bad, and I mean really bad. It's boring, the dialog is stilted and wrong, and so far it doesn't really make any sense, but that could just be me being thrown off by the incredibly bad dialog. I hardly ever comment on games, but this game is just bad, did I mention really bad.

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 7:49:05 AM PST

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Jan 10, 12 7:57 AM
Perhaps it is because I read the comments before trying, but I only lasted 5 minutes into the demo. It was obvious after only 5 minutes this was a terrible game and did not deserve any more of my time. Worst I have seen released in a while.

sanniek1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by sanniek1 on Jan 10, 12 8:33 AM
This game is not up to the standards that I thought BFG games should be. Although my grandson wanted it and of course I got it for him but its not one I see myself playing. I could see that Seth (Grandson) was grateful for the hint button. He used it alot. And I noticed he lost interest before he even came close to finishing the game. I think BFG should really be a lot more careful and picky about the games released. This one was awful.

Go to: