bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any Mystical Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 10, 12 12:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Post any Mystical Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jan 10, 12 12:19 AM
Unfortunately I wasn't able to play this game because of the cursor being all over the place with a mind of it's own so had to uninstall the game.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 10, 12 12:51 AM
Hi tillybaby,

If this game has a custom cursor option, you could try to disable it and see if the cursor behaves better. You can find this option from the Options menu, if available.

bfgRhone

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 10, 12 1:27 AM
The d/l went fine but when the game took over ten minutes AFTER hitting the play was more flustrating...and yes I noticed the 'cursor' at the opening screenshot was just 'thinking for itself' so I went to options and removed it to a regular white little point arrow...then preceded with the game...it was so slow to bring up all the 'info messages' on what was happening or what will be happening that I had time 'to mow the lawn and do the dirty dishes'! ...the list of items that were to be 'retrieved' was at least three minutes to come to screen and when u had so much time to find it then it took a minute to dissappear into inventory or couple item did not even 'go away'..trying the 'hint' button was another minute, no joke!...SO another one 'bites the dust'...maybe I will wait til the 'rush' is over on doing a d/l and try again?...maybe not? ...b/c its been a lot of problems with many demo's last couple months! ... too flustrating

NO BUY ON THIS ONE

BTW...I do have a 'few' games that are playable...its just the constant finding of lots of problem games is getting quite annoying!...sorry but my purchases in the last month were almost 'none' in comparison to my 'normal' buying routine!

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jan 10, 12 1:35 AM
This could have been a good game. The graphics look good but nothing responds to the curser. It took me 10 min. in options to move the sounds bars. Then when I played the 1st.Hidden Object game nothing responded when clicked on. Eventually after 20min. I finished it. I came out of the game, refreshed my screen and went back into the game only to find I was back at the beginning of the game and had to do the same Hidden Object game again. (It could take years to finish it).

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 1:41:01 AM PST

ruthb1146
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by ruthb1146 on Jan 10, 12 4:29 AM
THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE..........I FOUND THE SPRING IN THE FIRST HIDDEN OBJECT AND I COULD NOT PICK IT UP.......THE CURSOR DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY..........DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

[Post New]by swifty58 on Jan 10, 12 4:38 AM
I did get this game, using a game club credit. Didn't have any problems until I got to the sliding lock box puzzle on Cortez's plane. I couldn't get it at first, and skipped it, but then the game quit on me. So I opened the game again, skipped the puzzle again, and the same thing happened. So I thought maybe it didn't like me skipping that particular puzzle (although it allowed me to skip any earlier puzzles.) So, I persevered, solved the puzzle without skipping it, and the game quit again. Definitely a glitch in the game that needs to be corrected with a patch.

pammyjupp
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammyjupp on Jan 10, 12 5:33 AM
I cannot pick up the spring no matter how many times I press the mouse button, also had a problem picking up the anchor which I did EVENTUALLY. Please rectify this Big Fishes as it seems it wiull be a good game.

BillTheOne
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by BillTheOne on Jan 10, 12 5:44 AM
Just A very sad game!!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jan 10, 12 6:25 AM
I tried to download, but the game got stuck in the activation mode and just sat there. After reading all the other problems, I will just ditch it and wait for another game that actually works.

[Post New]by nanalanab on Jan 10, 12 7:48 AM
Downloaded game fine - tried to pick up spring and couldn't - tried to change options for music, cursor, etc and couldn't. Too bad, it looked like good graphics and story.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jan 10, 12 8:21 AM
Total glitching. Slo-mo and rebel cursor finished the job. Couldn't play this game and just uninstalled it.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 10, 12 9:04 AM
I had a cursor problem trying to pick up the ax from the bag at the plane. I clicked on the ax and it disappeared. Reappeared when I let go of my mouse button. But I couldn't pick it up to use on the treeroots, so I was done.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jan 10, 12 10:49 AM
I too as "Swifty58" find there is a problem with skipping the slider puzzle. I have tried to skip twice and each time A msg comes up that microsoft has encountered a problem and knocked me out. I hope this a glitch that can be fixed, as I have used one of my coupons to buy game.

gummi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by gummi on Jan 10, 12 11:17 AM
I have bought the game and it was running fine. Suddenly my games crashes. It won't get further after the minigame where I have to move the big square in to the middle of the plate.
I have tried to reinstall but nothing helps.
Please help me or give me my money back.

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 11:17:50 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 10, 12 1:43 PM
Hi fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are experiencing similar troubles with your cursor. We're sorry for the trouble, and here are a few tips that might help:

* Before trying anything else, you may want to try disabling the custom cursor from the 'Options' screen at the main menu.

* If that doesn't help, please check to see if there are any updates to your system's graphics software. This help article will show you how to find these updates: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

* If that doesn't help either, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. The more information that we have about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the better.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 1:44:40 PM PST

shell_1965
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by shell_1965 on Jan 10, 12 5:26 PM
having the same problem as many others, unable to click on spring and anchor in first scene. this is a game glitch not our computers. please big fish, have the makers of this game fix this for us! i am looking forward to playing this game when they fix it.

mamagrande
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mamagrande on Jan 11, 12 7:22 PM
having the same problem as Gummi I think....am in the gangsters lair and have to open the strongbox...I hate those type of games so twice I have skipped it only to be kicked off by microsoft ...is very frustrating as there aren't that many regular games coming out lately

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tesco on Jan 12, 12 12:43 AM
hi every one just letting you no that when you reach the slider puzzle the game crashes if you press skip it also crashes can you look into this big fish thank you

WENTPOSTAL
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by WENTPOSTAL on Jan 12, 12 10:48 AM
can't get my cursor to pick up the key for the chest. i like this game but won't buy until this is fixed.

Go to: