pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Most Beautiful Pictures Ever

[Post New]by pubprof on Jan 10, 12 10:42 AM
I love this game. The pictures are absolutely beautiful. I have never seen a jigsaw puzzle with more beautiful pictures. I also love all the options. I only wish it had the option to hide all pieces except the edges. This helps to get started in the right direction. The trays help, but it is tedious to move the pieces individually into the trays.

At first I was overwhelmed at the size of the picture and the number of pieces, but the option to increase the size of the pieces helped. I look forward to finishing each picture available and then to use the option to create puzzles from my own pictures. What a fantastic option. I guess I will be working this puzzle game for the next 5 years and loving every minute. Best value I have ever had and I was able to use one of my credits to buy it. Thank Big Fish and Developers!!

Re:Most Beautiful Pictures Ever

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Jan 15, 12 3:00 PM
Hi pubprof, this is the developer.

Thank you for your kind comments, I'm pleased you like the puzzles.

To isolate the edge pieces, open a tray, right-click and select "Fetch unsolved pieces" and "Fetch edge pieces". This will fetch just the edge pieces to the tray. You can also fetch just middle pieces, or just fun pieces.

You might also like to use the "Arrange in grid" toolbar button to make grabbing pieces easier. You can right-click a tray to arrange the pieces in the tray.

If my suggested number of pieces for each puzzle is too many for you, please use the big green "Choose..." button on the main board to select a specific number of pieces for each jigsaw, such as 200 pieces. Then, any jigsaws you start after that will have 200 pieces.

Don't forget you can also start a jigsaw over as often as you like, by right-clicking the jigsaw thumbnail and selecting "Start over". So you can play it with 100 pieces, say, then maybe with a few more, maybe a different style of pieces...

~ David

HondaTrike
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by HondaTrike on Jan 18, 12 8:23 PM
I agree with most beautiful pictures ever. I have learned to work 3 of them already. I would like to know is there a way to print them on glossy photo paper size 8 X 10. I have changed all the settings, as I've printed many pictures in the past, but I cannot get the jigsaw puzzle to fit a full 8 X 10. I want to frame them as I work them. What am I doing wrong.?? I've gone into the printer setup, changed everything as I normally do, paper to 8 X 10, glossy, landscape or portrait, I have done everything I normally do. Can these jigsaws not be printed on glossy paper to be framed?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 19, 12 5:39 AM
HondaTrike wrote:I agree with most beautiful pictures ever. I have learned to work 3 of them already. I would like to know is there a way to print them on glossy photo paper size 8 X 10. I have changed all the settings, as I've printed many pictures in the past, but I cannot get the jigsaw puzzle to fit a full 8 X 10. I want to frame them as I work them. What am I doing wrong.?? I've gone into the printer setup, changed everything as I normally do, paper to 8 X 10, glossy, landscape or portrait, I have done everything I normally do. Can these jigsaws not be printed on glossy paper to be framed?

HondaTrike,

To get an 8 x 10 image, you would have to open the picture or screenshot in a photo editor yourself and size the picture up manually. Most of the images that I have seen in Jigsaws Galore are 900 pixels wide or less. That's why you can't get an 8 x 10 to print. If you resize UP any of the images, (and I agree - they are beautiful), you would get a very poor quality print. The images you want to print from Jigsaw Galore will make a decent 4 x 6 image.

For a good quality 8 x 10, the image needs to be 2000 pixels wide, for a decent print, you can settle for 1600 pixels wide. The rule of thumb for working with photos is you can resize down, but don't resize up. You should only resize up maybe 10 or 15 percent. Any more than that, and you'll see image degradation. Hope this makes sense - it depends on what you are starting out with.

HondaTrike
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by HondaTrike on Jan 21, 12 2:58 PM
Thanks Lady-Cav. I wish we could print 8 X 10 and frame on walls. I understand what you are talking about when you talk about enlarging. Don't think it would look good. Just a shame can't do that. I would have them framed and on the walls.

5 X 7s would be okay, but doesn't quite look right in frames on a wall. Maybe I could put in an album or something.

Thanks again for the help.

Go to: