bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version available for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition! January 10, 2012

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 10, 12 11:40 AM
We have a new PC version of Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition available now! The new version of this game fixes the following:

-all sparkles have been removed from 'Advanced' and 'Hardcore' modes

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition! January 10, 20

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Jan 10, 12 12:47 PM
Did you fix the boomarang and the crow were you use it and it freezes the game ! Alot of people are having that problem !!!!

nennie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition! January 10, 2

[Post New]by nennie on Jan 10, 12 1:38 PM
rugrats299 wrote:Did you fix the boomarang and the crow were you use it and it freezes the game ! Alot of people are having that problem !!!!

Was this fixed also...as I would like to continue with the game?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition! January 10, 2

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 10, 12 2:22 PM
Hi rugrats299 and nennie,

The only thing that has been changed (so far) is the removal of sparkles. If we receive any updates that address the issues with the boomerang and crow, we'll be sure to let you know!

If you're experiencing either of those issues yourself, please make sure and run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. The more information that we have about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the better.

Thanks for your patience!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 2:22:42 PM PST

nennie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition! January 10, 20

[Post New]by nennie on Jan 10, 12 3:41 PM
already sent a Dr Felix over to tech support....so lets wait and see hoping this gets fixed soon......

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Jan 10, 12 4:37 PM
yeah me too why didn't Big Fish just fix the entire problems with the game all at once fix everything at the same time wouldn't that be easier sorry a Dr Felix report is just to see if its my computer with the problen not foe the game and sorry alot of people are having the same exact problem so don't think it is our problem I KNow and I and not even payed to be a tech but the game has a glitch in it not all of our computers you found a patch for the sparkles please hurry and do so for the other problems so all of us who spent our money can play the game please and Thank you!!!!

janetc57
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by janetc57 on Jan 11, 12 5:27 AM
SAME PROBLEM WITH CROW AND BOOMERANG. PLEASE HURRY AND FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!I WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE WITH THE GAME. RESTARTED IT 3 TIMES TO NO AVAIL..........

[Post New]by pamshop on Jan 11, 12 7:01 AM
Was Having the Same Problem w/Boomerang & Crow, I Deleted Game, Went through a Disk Cleanup, Redownloaded, Started New Game & it Happened again. I did the DrFelix Run and sent a copy to Tech Issues. Hope the Kinks work out! Thank You!

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Jan 11, 12 12:36 PM
I have uninstalled, and reinstalled, and I still have sparkles all over the place. Am I to assume that I need to start another profile, and start from the beginning? Thanks.

[Post New]by zillah13 on Jan 11, 12 12:50 PM
Reinstalled and still have sparkles in advanced mode. Also, as many others have said before, the game runs extremely slow. This is absolutely ridiculous. Get it together, BFG.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 11, 12 2:55 PM
Hi Phoenix1123 and zillah13,

If you're still seeing sparkles on 'Advanced' or 'Hardcore' mode after uninstalling and reinstalling your game, you may want to create a new player profile to see if that triggers these changes to take full effect.

If it doesn't, please contact Tech Support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

nennie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version available for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition! January 10, 2012

[Post New]by nennie on Jan 11, 12 3:47 PM
bfgHondo wrote:We have a new PC version of Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition available now! The new version of this game fixes the following:

-all sparkles have been removed from 'Advanced' and 'Hardcore' modes

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

nennie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by nennie on Jan 11, 12 3:48 PM
Why would you first fix an issue that does not hinder game play? It seems to me the crow and the other issues would come first. Granted, the sparkles are an annoyance, but they do not hinder game play!

?????????

[Post New]by billynann on Jan 11, 12 4:16 PM
Also having the problem with the boomerang and crow. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and did Dr Felix. Game is frozen and can't continue. Please fix!!!!

dmhetman
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by dmhetman on Jan 14, 12 3:17 AM
I can't believe you haven't fixed the crow problem yet...how much longer do we have to wait..this surely is a game glitch....come on, please.

nennie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by nennie on Jan 14, 12 6:05 AM
dmhetman wrote:I can't believe you haven't fixed the crow problem yet...how much longer do we have to wait..this surely is a game glitch....come on, please.

How much longer? If it is taking BF this long to fix the problem... are we to trust this will not happen again....? I think we al have been very patience...least get this fixed so we continue with the game....

[Post New]by battitude on Jan 15, 12 7:10 AM
Have downloaded the updated version, and it's STILL as laggy as hell! I haven't been able to get past the start screen yet, despite having tried running it in in XP compatible mode (won't even start), turning off the Aero desktop and updating my video drivers. Never normally have a problem with any games on my gaming laptop!

Go to: