bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any The Golden Years: Way Out West technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 11, 12 12:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

Re:Post any The Golden Years: Way Out West technical issues here only

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jan 11, 12 5:50 AM
I believe there is a technical issues in Level 2. I have the 3 stars, 3 water tanks, all gold and supplies, $10,500 in income - can't get higher as I can't build more or upgrade anything more and I've hired an employee (not needed) and reached over $200,000 but it won't allow me to go on. Others have expressed the same problem.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 11, 12 6:23 AM
Hi Joyfullady - nice to see you (maybe you've been around all the time but I haven't noticed your cheery screen name lately )

It's not a technical issue (I'm emphasising that in red for anyone reading this thread looking for tech issues, not trying to shout at you )

.................. There is space to build what you need to pass the level. There are a few posts already about this so I raised a new thread with the solution.

Here's a link to the level 2 thread for more detail:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/194924.page

Note to anyone reading this before trying the game, who may now be getting concerned about the tutorial maybe having holes in it: What is needed to be known is covered in the tutorial. That's not meant as a criticism of anyone who didn't notice it all, I am just making it clear that the tutorial does cover it.

ETA I went to check for level 2 tutorial and it is missing the word NOT in one sentence - it says 'this sign indicates that there are municipal buildings near this covered wagon' when it actually means the opposite(!) but it does then tell us to build a water tower next to it and, when that is built, says 'great, people will pay rent now', so I guess that's why I understood it and didn't notice the error in the earlier text.

Basically, municipal buildings will only cover a certain area & if a building site has a sign with two people crossed out by a red line, the site is not close enough to a municipal building for anything residential to be built on it.

Edited on 01/11/2012 at 7:36:01 AM PST

wmidds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by wmidds on Jan 11, 12 7:39 AM
The sound and play are choppy in my version. Is there anything that I can do to make it run smoother?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 11, 12 1:30 PM
Hi wmidds,

You may want to see if there is an update available for your system's graphics software. This help article will help you find those updates:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still pretty choppy after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to look at this more closely with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

planetlove
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by planetlove on Jan 11, 12 6:47 PM
I created a post, but I'll give it a shot here. I am unable to finish level 11, because the button/tab for building a train station, i.e. trading post is locked. Is there something I missed? Not sure if this is a technical issue or a game play issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[Post New]by sickandsexy on Jan 12, 12 1:45 PM
stuck on level 11, has 84 people, but still stuck on store must serve 25 peoples

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 12, 12 2:47 PM
Hi planetlove and sickandsexy,

Have you given the steps in the following thread a try yet?

Level 11 Make sure your general store serves 25 citizens

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 2:48:05 PM PST

Level 26 Glitch

[Post New]by beersfmly on Jan 14, 12 9:45 AM
I have played level 26 twice, and completed all three stages both times... The result is only giving me 1/3 stages (even though I completed 3/3 stages with time to spare), so I'm unable to get Expert level. Please fix!

[Post New]by janiepie321 on Jan 15, 12 9:53 AM
Level 22 says you need to buy "service buildings" when in fact you need to buy "commercial buildings."

mudfarmer
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by mudfarmer on Jan 15, 12 12:09 PM
Im stuck on Level 27. The chief is asking for 5 horses, but the map only has 4. Also there are some glitches in the scripts: the actor for the bandit does the talking for both sides of the conversation (very wierd!).

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 15, 12 1:49 PM
mudfarmer wrote:Im stuck on Level 27. The chief is asking for 5 horses, but the map only has 4. (snip)

Some of the one-off tasks go across more than one stage of a level.

If you can't see how to complete a one-off task yet, chances are that if you focus on the things that you are being asked to do for that particular stage, it will all become clear.

The goal detail for stage 2 says take 4 horses from the bandits. Needing the 5th one comes later. I gave more detail in answer to your post in the level 27 thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/195214.page

Edited on 01/15/2012 at 2:02:16 PM PST

[Post New]by deborahallen on Jan 16, 12 1:21 PM
Finished level 31 with gold star several times, and it is stuck there, won't let me go to level 32, keeps reloading level 31.

burkedd
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by burkedd on Jan 17, 12 7:40 AM
Downloaded game took 1.5 hours and then hit play and all I get is a black screen?

Anyone else have this problem? I have Win 7.

Patricia

madgicsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by madgicsh on Jan 18, 12 5:02 PM
WTF? I got a game message on day 2 telling me to delete the game and reload - now it does it automatically EVERY night! Is their programming that bad or is this a glitch in the system?

madgicsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by madgicsh on Jan 18, 12 5:04 PM
For those posting issues with their ability to play the game here - I finished it with no "gamer" ratings - all expert - with no problems; maybe your logic is at fault?

[Post New]by iammare on Jan 20, 12 8:16 PM
Bug found

If you are playing a level that requires you to remove something (ie: level 26 - remove 2 salons) and you remove the aforementioned item BEFORE being instructed to, the game will not register that those items are no longer in play. Therefor rendering the game 'stuck' for all intents and purposes. You are not able to complete the level without rebuilding said item, and then removing it from play.

To recreate: Start level 26, do not attempt to get a gold star on step 1 - just build the biggest and best of what you can to get money, gold nuggets, and population. Once you get this, remove the 2 salons and build 2 churches. Only then can you finish clearing the 'bums', allowing you to advance to the next stage. You will notice that the objective of removing the 2 salons is still unticked - therefore indicating that the requirements have not been completed for this objective.

Thank you.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 26, 12 3:13 PM
Hi fishies,

Great news! We've just released an update for this game that fixes the following:

**added task and changed the tutorial in Level 2
**changed the position of buildings and the description of the aims in Level 16
**changed the description of the aim in Level 22

We apologize for the trouble. For more information on how to get the newest version of this game, please click on the following link:

UPDATE! New version available for The Golden Years: Way Out West! January 26, 2012

If you continue to experience these or any other issues after installing this update, please feel free to contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 3:13:38 PM PST

[Post New]by MaxParrish on Feb 14, 12 7:01 PM

First time to post. I'm stuck on Level 31, where do I find the bar of gold or the wolfuramium(sp). ?

[Post New]by opalangel on Feb 28, 12 7:40 PM
I believe you have a problem on the demo version..I tried the Golden Years and on level 3 you are supposed to build the lumber mill..which it did but then you are supposed to build 4 covered wagons and I played for almost the whole hour of demo and It would not let me build a covered wagon at all. Never got credit for more moneys made or anything.. I would not waste my money on this game if even the demo was having troubles...sorry

Go to: