BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Level 11 Make sure your general store serves 25 citizens

[Post New]by BereniceP on Jan 11, 12 5:42 AM
I cannot understand this level. Obviously I am missing something. How do I make sure the general store serves 25 citizens. I have a population of 45 or 50 and I have collected loads of gold from the general store. I have 2 general stores and keep collecting gold. All houses are fully upgraded and populated. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Re:Level 11 Make sure your general store serves 25 citizens

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Jan 11, 12 8:14 AM
I'm a bit further on where you have to have two commercial buildings serving 60 people each, so I know your store will only serve houses/ranches/inns in the immediate vicinity (like on the same street). Hope that helps.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jan 11, 12 8:48 AM
I think (but I'm not all that sure at this point) that if you click on the commercial building, the area served glows gold. This will give you an idea of the buildings you have to improve to reach the goal. The area served does seem to change a bit so I haven't quite figured that out just yet . . .

Cjb58
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Cjb58 on Jan 11, 12 9:46 AM
I get that. The problem is should I demolish the trading post and build houses. It doesn't seem to matter. I can only get a ranch house up to 19 people and I can only find a way for the General Store to service one ranch.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Jan 11, 12 10:07 AM
This level stopped me dead in the beta test. I spent a lot of time on it and never figured it out. Every which way I worked it was useless.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 11, 12 11:30 AM
In order to complete this level you need to ...

SPOILER ... highlight to read ...

Make all your ranches up to the maximum by building 2 level ups and then a level up people one. On the opposite side build a water tower and a second store which (with all the ranches on maximum ) will give you the citizens and 16 extra gold which will get you up to the 75 required faster (or past it as happened with me) and then build a railway station and sell the gold (I actually sold 100).

Hope this helps

Cherb

drreid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by drreid on Jan 11, 12 12:11 PM
I can't figure out how to sell the gold??

drreid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by drreid on Jan 11, 12 12:18 PM
Oh nevermind, I'm a dolt

LINDSAYR28
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by LINDSAYR28 on Jan 11, 12 4:00 PM
I came on for help about this too! For a game with a tutorial, they sure left out a crucial piece of information...

Anyway, the simplest answer for making sure your Store serves 25 people is to knock down the House on the other side of the Water Tower from the Store, and build a Ranch. If you level up the Ranch to 3 stars and the People Bonus, it'll be at 26 people.

Edited on 01/11/2012 at 4:06:53 PM PST

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on Jan 11, 12 8:42 PM
Thanks so much LINDSAYR28! I'm going back in and try it. It sure sounds logical, plus we only need one General Store to serve 25. Thanks again!!!!

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jan 12, 12 5:54 AM
How do you tell the population of a house?

IBmeWhoU
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by IBmeWhoU on Jan 12, 12 6:44 AM
cbellcrm wrote:How do you tell the population of a house?

If you click on or hover over the house it will tell you the population at the bottom of the screen.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 12, 12 12:10 PM
If you are not making the first 20 gold fast enough, buying some from the train station counts.

I even, on first attempt, bought 50 gold so I could sell it back as part of the 75 in stage 2

The next time, knowing what was required, I demolished the house near the store and built/upgraded the ranch there as soon as I could (while still on stage 1) and then didn't need to buy gold for either goal.

I didn't even need to do much with the other sites doing it that way (except needed a train station, of course).

To help meet the money goal, I made wood and sold it.

[Post New]by JohnnyGuitar on Jan 21, 12 8:56 PM
As far as I can tell, the general store serves all the buildings located on the same street (one row horizontally, on both sides of the river).

If you click on an existing store, the buildings it serves glow yellow. If you hover over an empty building space and select a store from the building menu, all the buildings that the store WOULD serve glow yellow with an outline. This is easier to see.

BTW, for this level, it looks like one store has to serve 25 citizens. When I had 2 stores that served 15 people each, it didn't work.

jolly1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jolly1 on Jan 23, 12 7:05 AM
How DO you sell the gold?

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 24, 12 4:30 AM
jolly1 wrote:How DO you sell the gold?

You need a trading post.

That's not the same as the general store - it is called trading post in the build menu (the one with a picture of cogs on it) but is actually a train station. The good news is that this building does not need to be near a water tower - you can build it anywhere that you have road access to.

Whenever the train is in the station, click on it to open up trading.

As far as I could tell, once the train arrives, it will stay there until you make a deal, so you don't have to rush to do it.

After you make a deal, the train leaves. Clicking on the trading post when the train is not there brings up a bar to show you how long until the train will come back again.

Edited on 01/24/2012 at 4:31:15 AM PST

[Post New]by CoralRoze on Feb 11, 12 10:39 PM
I have 26 citizens but for some reason I can't get passed serving 14 please help

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 22, 12 3:50 PM
Hi CoralRoze,

Even though you have 26 citizens, you'll need to have 25+ being served by the general store, which means they need to live in the same row as the store.

To accomplish do this, I built a 2nd store and put it in the row below the town hall. When I was all finished, the row looked like this:

general store // water tower // ranch // (river) // ranch

To build the ranch across the river, I first had to demolish the trading post that I had put there and build another water tower in its place.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Level 11 Make sure your general store serves 25 citizens

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 29, 12 9:27 PM
All I had to do was what the previous answer implies, build a single ranch on the same row as the original general store (demolishing a house to accomplish it) and upgrade w/ population option chosen. Much simpler.

And thanks to Johnny Guitar for the info about the yellow highlighting. I'd already figured out about the highlighting and dotted lines for building water towers, but didn't know the General Store worked much the same!

Edited on 04/29/2012 at 9:28:20 PM PST

Go to: