Cjb58
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Level 5

[Post New]by Cjb58 on Jan 11, 12 7:53 AM
After building saw milll next to water tower in lower left. I demolished the covered wagons, collected the wood. Now I need 2 more buildings. I have built the water tower in 3 different places in the upper right but can still only build 1 house. I have enough wood. What am I missing?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Level 5

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 11, 12 4:28 PM
Cjb58 wrote:After building saw milll next to water tower in lower left. I demolished the covered wagons, collected the wood. Now I need 2 more buildings. I have built the water tower in 3 different places in the upper right but can still only build 1 house. I have enough wood. What am I missing?

If you haven't figured this out yet, here is what I did.

I built the sawmill in the far upper right. Then built a water tower and a house right below it. Build another house next to the sawmill in the lower left.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Re:Level 5

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 11, 12 5:32 PM
I built the water tower in the bottom right of those 3 slots (in the upper right of the screen, where I had demolished the 3 covered wagons) and was able to build a house above it and a house to the left of it.

Are you sure you weren't waiting for workers or something when it said you couldn't build the second house up there?

When you try to build something (which you already have road access to), if you hover your mouse over the building button, such as the house button, any figure shown in red in the little pictures that pop up above it, is what is stopping you from building. Those little pictures cover needed resources such as wood, workers or gold.

Edited on 01/11/2012 at 5:33:26 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 11, 12 7:43 PM
Daisy_May wrote:I built the water tower in the bottom right of those 3 slots (in the upper right of the screen, where I had demolished the 3 covered wagons) and was able to build a house above it and a house to the left of it.

Are you sure you weren't waiting for workers or something when it said you couldn't build the second house up there?

When you try to build something (which you already have road access to), if you hover your mouse over the building button, such as the house button, any figure shown in red in the little pictures that pop up above it, is what is stopping you from building. Those little pictures cover needed resources such as wood, workers or gold.

How did you do that? My game won't let me build a house in the upper right unless I also build a water tower. The water tower up there also serves just one house. My game works like the OP said.

The water tower in the lower left serves 2 houses, so you must build one of the houses there and the sawmill upper right. I don't think it matters too much about exact location as long as you make sure the house is beside the water tower.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 11, 12 8:09 PM
I wonder if we are talking about the same level?

I'll play again and post a step by step: (be back soon and will edit it in )

ETA

1) Tutorial makes me repair the house at bottom left

2) I click on the wagon nearby (still bottom left part of screen) and tutorial responds: 'We'll need to demolish the Wagon to build the sawmill' (which was what I planned to do the first time anyway )

3) I demolish it. When I put my mouse over it to rebuild on it, the tutorial tells me that I can use the building materials left behind after demolishing a building.

4) Collect that leftover wood and build a sawmill there (tutorial forces me to do it by insisting on my choosing the sawmill button).

5) Tutorial tells me about expert time and that I'll have to fix the road
I use the 2 workers to make 250 wood in the sawmill
At same time, train one more worker (now have 3)

6) Fill hole in road then demolish all 3 wagons in upper right area at the same time, collect the 3 lots of wood

7) 2 workers build a water tower in the spot which is adjacent to both of the others (the 'corner' one). When I hover over the water tower button before confirming, the blue loop does cover the other 2 houses as expected from earlier levels.

8) Other worker repairs (again!) house at bottom left of screen (near sawmill) then makes 100 wood at sawmill

8) 2 workers build first house (order doesn't matter - works both ways)

9) same 2 workers build second house

Done

I tried again with tutorial switched off. It still worked but was quicker because I was allowed to demolish the wagon next to the water tower at same time as repairing the house and allowed to train the 3rd worker while the sawmill was being built (when tutorial was in control, I had to wait for that to finish).

Hope this helps - will be weird if this doesn't work for you - I'll look out for your next reply.

EATA : I will attempt a diagram

Upper right: ------------------------------------------House

--------------------------------------------House---- WTower

Lower Left:

------T o w n H a l l

------WTower---- Sawmill

------House

Edited on 01/11/2012 at 9:00:35 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 12, 12 6:49 AM
That works! I just replayed using your method, and it worked for me as well as the way I did it earlier.

I guess I didn't try putting the water tower in the corner spot before building the sawmill when I did it earlier.

I'm rather new to this type of game and still learning a lot thanks to you and other more experienced players. (I can't believe that I can get so "obsessed" over some of the little details in these games.)

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 12, 12 7:25 AM

Glad it helped

mcurty wrote:(I can't believe that I can get so "obsessed" over some of the little details in these games.)

What?!? <--- Daisy in shock

Do you mean that there is supposed to be a way to play them without getting obsessed with the little details? Maybe that's where I've been going wrong all this time.

Just kidding . I'm happy for you that you are also really getting into the details . I find having that attitude to a game adds to the enjoyment, and usually adds to the time it takes to play it too.

I'm (only very slightly LOL) envious of your newness to the genre - there are so many really enjoyable games in this sub-genre and I'm guessing there'll be plenty that you maybe haven't found yet. If you use the link that bella posted on page 1 of the review thread, it leads to a great thread with so many suggestions.

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 10:07:42 AM PST

Go to: