Poutysmurf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Level 20

[Post New]by Poutysmurf on Jan 11, 12 10:28 AM
Where do you get the cages to trap the coyotes?

Re:Level 20

[Post New]by demotester9933 on Jan 11, 12 11:55 AM
You need to build the three hotels then talk to the architet when he appears.

Poutysmurf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Poutysmurf on Jan 12, 12 2:37 AM
Thanks! That was really stupid of me lol

[Post New]by sickandsexy on Jan 16, 12 2:12 PM
i have three hotels, but no one has appeared with any cages!!!

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 16, 12 3:07 PM
sickandsexy wrote:i have three hotels, but no one has appeared with any cages!!!

demotester9933 wrote:You need to build the three hotels then talk to the architet when he appears.

Hi S&S - Did you talk to the architect?

If he hasn't even appeared, does the task have a tick against it up in the box where the goals for a stage are listed?

If no tick yet, has one of your hotels become damaged and needs repair?

[Post New]by sickandsexy on Jan 17, 12 6:46 AM
no architect, no cages, i have 3 hotels

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 17, 12 7:07 AM
What about the other things I asked about how the goal box is looking (is the goal ticked off) and whether one of your hotel needs a repair?

Another thought - if you built a hotel then, in order to build another hotel, knocked down the municipal building that serviced the first one, that could make the original hotel not count.

Do any of your hotels have the sign with 2 people with a red line across it on them? If so, that would explain it - residential buildings have to be serviced by municipal buildings to count.

ETA If I remember correctly, what should happen is that the goal for stage 1 gets ticked off and you get stage 2 and get chance to speak to the architect - I think he appears towards the back of the screen.

If stage 1 is still open in the goal box (is it?), then the game isn't recognising your having met the goal.

Obviously I can't swear it's not a glitch, but it would be an idea to rule out gameplay reasons why you may not have completed the goal even though you believe that you have. That's why I was asking those questions.

Edited on 01/17/2012 at 8:04:12 AM PST

[Post New]by sickandsexy on Jan 17, 12 8:42 AM
the gold box is closed, there are no red lines on my hotels, i have replayed and rebuilt 10 time but no architect has shown up with the cage!!!
facing my computer ( old water tower that can not be fix, coyo in front of it, then hotel x 2 i built, next row hotel, saloon, water tower)

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 17, 12 5:05 PM
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by 'the gold box is closed'. I didn't mean the little picture of a treasure chest - I meant the brown text box at top right which tells you what to do next.

At the start of the level it has the number 1 in a little circle, followed by the words 'Build three Hotels for the Architect (0/3)'. I was asking if those are the words you still see up there and, if so, is there a green tick on the little check box next to it.

ETA Also if you still see those words, what number does it show at the end: (0/3), (1/3), (2/3) or (3/3)?

--------------------------------------
Anyway, I just tried playing it and built in the same places as you did.

As soon as I finished building the 3rd hotel, the main character told me 'the architect was as good as his word and gave us cages for catching the coyotes'.

The goal box now shows it is stage 2 (number 2 in a little circle) and says 'Take the cages from the architect (0/1)'

& the architect is standing next to one of the new hotels in the back row.

If none of that is happening for you, the only other thing I can suggest it that you click on each of your hotels in turn, and as you do that, check for each one what it says in the text box at the bottom left - where it shows a building's population.

If you have three hotels with no upgrades they should each show a population of 30 (if upgraded then slightly higher). If one of them doesn't show at least that much population, that would indicate a problem with that hotel and that message box would tell you what it is.

Failing that, sorry but I am out of gameplay suggestions. (I am assuming you can't have built 3 inns or something by mistake instead of 3 purple hotels because you've replayed it so many times you would probably have noticed by now).

Someone did say that they had a glitch on an earlier level when they weren't allowed to build something that they should be have been allowed to build. They uninstalled then reinstalled the game and that fixed it.

So, if your hotels do all show the correct population (which means they should all count) maybe an uninstall/reinstall would fix it for you too .

Hope you are able to get past it soon

Edited on 01/17/2012 at 5:13:25 PM PST

[Post New]by sickandsexy on Jan 18, 12 10:47 AM
thank you i will try again, it show 0/3

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 7, 12 7:34 PM
You may have already figured this out but here's what I did and I got gold.

1. Talk to they coyote guy
2. Knock down saloon, and wagons
3. Put water tower where saloon was
4. Build 1 hotel behind water tower by the coyote. Next build cheap sawmill by hotel
5 buy wood and build 2 more hotels
6. Architech will appear middle back of screen by rock. Talk to him and get cages.
7. Knock down sawmill and build depot
8. Start buying gold when train comes in and get coyotes. I got the one on the bridge first so I could work on the other side.
9. Build another big sawmill and build more hotels
10. Keep buying the gold each time until you have all 4 coyotes
11. Talk to coyote guy.
12. Buy enough worker and excavate
13. Get locket and whatever else needs doing.

Hope this helps

Edited on 02/07/2012 at 7:37:22 PM PST

Go to: