Level 16 Frustration

[Post New]by AdriannaDeste1 on Jan 11, 12 10:49 AM
Anyone know how to get the commercial buildings (2) to serve 60 people each? I can't get enough people, and a well to work anywhere! Help please!

Peachy1969
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Level 16 Frustration

[Post New]by Peachy1969 on Jan 11, 12 10:52 AM
I am stuck here too and would really appreciate a pointer in the right direction pls x

EWK24
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by EWK24 on Jan 11, 12 10:53 AM
Apparently we are in the same boat. We both posted at the same time! I'm stuck too!

Peachy1969
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Peachy1969 on Jan 11, 12 10:54 AM
It really is driving me crazy, have tried several ways and each way one will serve 80 and the other 0!

EWK24
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by EWK24 on Jan 11, 12 11:04 AM
Peachy1969 wrote:It really is driving me crazy, have tried several ways and each way one will serve 80 and the other 0!

Me too! I got the first star so I seem to have unlimited time to reach the goal. I have tried a slew of combinations but apparently not the right one. UUUGGGHHH!

[Post New]by AdriannaDeste1 on Jan 11, 12 11:23 AM
SPOILER ALERT!

I finally got it! One well goes in the bottom left corner with a saloon next to it going up and an Inn next to it going right. Put another Inn above the saloon. Next to that, put a well and next to that well, another saloon with an Inn finishing to the far right of the top row. I put another Inn next to the main building (which the second saloon encompasses). I upgraded the people and all three arrows on all the inns to get there.

Hope this helps!

EWK24
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by EWK24 on Jan 11, 12 12:40 PM

SPOILER------------------------------

OK I finally got it with time to spare. Here is what I did. Lets call the rows 1-4 top to bottom. To attain the first star, build an inn on far right of rows 1 and 2 and a sawmill far right on bottom row. Buy 2000 wood. you will get the first star. Immediately build bridge and talk to guy. Demolish the other wagon camp on row 2 and build a general store. Build another general store right above it on row 1. Now demolish the house on row 1 and build a well. Demolish the sheriff's office. Build a well on lowest corner of left side and build 2 inns above it on rows 1 and 2. Then just buy a bunch of workers and wood and upgrade the inns. Whew!

edited to add spoiler alert.

Edited on 01/11/2012 at 12:42:29 PM PST

whrlwnd
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by whrlwnd on Jan 12, 12 6:05 AM
Thank-you,
Thank-you,
Thank-you!

[Post New]by zmissa992 on Jan 12, 12 5:37 PM
That suggestion worked great thank you

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 12, 12 8:10 PM
My solution was pretty much the same as EWK's (except that I used a trading post to buy gold at first, built more inns before getting around to building general stores and only bought one extra worker) but I had written it up a different way for another (newer) thread before I read this one.

Decided to copy it here because this seems to be the main level 16 thread.

Daisy_May wrote:If you make each commercial building a general store, each will service an entire row (street) the whole way across the screen.

So if you have a general store in each of the top 2 rows, you will only need 2 inns in each row (partially upgraded - I gave each the population boost upgrade and just one normal upgrade and they held 32 people each) to be able to meet the 2 commercial buildings covering 60 people goal.

I built a sawmill and trading post (train station) in the bottom row for my wood and early gold needs.

Bit more detail (in white text) on how to fit everything in:

ETA To read the spoilers, highlight the white text with your mouse to make it show up against the highlighted background

Top row *SPOILER* doesn't need a water tower so long as you don't demolish the sheriff's office. So you can fit 2 inns and one general store up there by just demolishing the one house that is next to the sheriff's office. *END SPOILER*

Second row down: *SPOILER* on the right side of screen, I replaced one wagon with an inn and one with a general store. To the left I needed to demolish a house to add a new inn & had to build a water tower below it first before I could build the inn *END SPOILER*

Edited on 01/14/2012 at 11:47:08 AM PST

[Post New]by stewie6181 on Jan 14, 12 10:14 PM
Thank you so much for this help! Worked brilliantly. I was totally giving up.

Smaxx
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Smaxx on Feb 1, 12 12:06 PM
ok I get all of this and can do everything EXCEPT get the flippin Grocery built because THERE IS NO Grocery anywhere in any of the building tabs and building the General store does not meet requirement! Not one person has asked about this in any of the posts. What the heck am I missing?
This game is fun but makes me feel so stupid at times!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 21, 12 11:11 PM
I am sorry AND I suppose most people have given up this game's forum at this late date.... But I did just like everyone said above and guess what my people from the Inn's don't use the store??? I built the inn's the stores and nobody uses them and they sit useless?? What in the heck am I missing? Help please??/

Lean

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 22, 12 3:23 PM
Hi Leanda1,

Level 16 changed a bit when the new build was released, so some of the tips in this thread may no longer be applicable. To avoid any further confusion that may be caused by these changes, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread now.

I won't leave you hanging though! To see how I completed this level (after the new build was released), please swim on over to the following thread:

Click here for Level 16 help!

Good luck and happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/22/2012 at 3:24:07 PM PST

Go to: