bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 12, 12 12:19 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Post any Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by crispypot on Jan 12, 12 1:14 AM
oh dear excited about playing this game, downloaded, got to the first scene, CRASHED !!!!!! i`ve now un-installed and trying again, fingers crossed, lets hope it`s not another dud !!!

greyratt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by greyratt on Jan 12, 12 1:24 AM
Same problem here. Even checked to make sure my video card driver was up to date and all the other suggestions. Don't know why I do that when it's never an issue on my end, always BFG. Ah well, here we go again...

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Jan 12, 12 1:35 AM
hi greyratt,

sorry to hear your having the same problems, thought i`d come back in just to let you know i re-installed got one mouse click further into the game then CRASHED again access violation !!! i`ve now deleted it and will wait for more reviews,

i know its not my computer too hope we get a resolve !!

[Post New]by stevensann on Jan 12, 12 3:38 AM
Your lucky, took 2 hours to download froze on instalation finally got it on my computer and lo and behold, told time is up on free trial. ?????????

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Jan 12, 12 8:22 AM
did either of you guys get any help with solving the problem ??

i posted a comment on the forum saying it wouldnt work and as always the mod moved it and told me off ha ha have you noticed they stick us in this section, but no-one in tech actually offers any advice ( apart from check your computer ) it`s getting really annoying hope you guys managed to get up and running

gingy47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by gingy47 on Jan 12, 12 8:51 AM
unable to start the trial version, said my time expired before I even went in to play

[Post New]by broomeycroft on Jan 12, 12 11:02 AM
Is this supposed to be a new game - took ages to download and then I got a message trial expired before I could even start it

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Jan 12, 12 12:25 PM
To broomeycroft and any else who got "trial expired" after download, uninstall and then reinstall again, that should take care of the issue you have. The problem with that is the game manager. This has worked for me in the past, hope this helps.

[Post New]by bigginaf on Jan 12, 12 12:28 PM
I've been noticing a lot of Big Fish games have started to crash and this is one of them for me. I don't know if the designers are just trying to get games out so they can make money, but at least troubleshoot all the technical problems before you release it.

Thankfully, I only downloaded the trial verison of this game and will not but the full verison until such problems are corrected.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Jan 12, 12 12:55 PM
Downloaded without any problems. Computer crashed, restarted and it said file corrupted and I had to start and new game. Started a new game and got a little farther and computer crashed again. Got started again, file corrupted again, and now I only have 3 minutes left. Was going to uninstall and try again but with such short time left I won't be able to tell if it will work this time. Would've bought it, like I did with the first one but I can't because of the problems. Thanks

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Jan 12, 12 1:03 PM
AS YOU ALL SAID, "HERE WE GO AGAIN". DOWNLOADED 2X'S, EACH TIME WHEN GAME MGT GOES INTO VALIDATION, IT STARTS TO DOWNLOAD AGAIN AND WILL NOT PROCEED TO THE INSTALL LEVEL. SAD SAD !!! I TOO WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SECOND IN THIS SERIES TO NOT GIVE ME AS MUCH TROUBLE AS THE BRIDE.

edit: i did all the things suggested even reinstall game mgt and still did not work.

Edited on 01/13/2012 at 4:55:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Strwbrydelisus on Jan 12, 12 5:04 PM
hi.everyone... i did the free hour but half way thru the words went all fuzzy an even in my inventory objects were fuzzy...any ideas on why this does this

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 13, 12 4:43 AM
Played for 4 hours and game crashed.

For those who posted above did you click on the links from the moderator and you will usually find the solution of problems and if not contact "Help". BFG customer service is great!!!

[Post New]by yshua1 on Jan 13, 12 9:40 AM
stevensann wrote:Your lucky, took 2 hours to download froze on instalation finally got it on my computer and lo and behold, told time is up on free trial. ?????????

Same thing happened to me, it kept validating but then my computer froze up and I couldn't do anything. Thought I would wait and see if it restarted, but no luck. I just shut it off, then when I got back on the icon was on my desktop. So I tried to start it then it said sorry your time is up.

I know I am fast at playing the games but this is ridiculious I played so fast I don't even remember it this time. ; ).

I have been having a lot of problems with the games lately. I get corrupt file warnings etc etc. Probably time to lay off the downloads. Just after I finished a survey from Bigfish. lol

[Post New]by Mieke2sayana on Jan 13, 12 2:19 PM
And yet again, another game that doesn't seem to work properly for me!
The problem on my pc is that, when I hit play - the installation went quite well btw- nothing happens. I can hear the little 'ping' sound, but nothing else happens.
Tried re-installing it, but that doesn't help either

Does anyone have any advice?

misty04
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Post any Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by misty04 on Jan 14, 12 9:36 PM
bfgRhone wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

vjones
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by vjones on Jan 15, 12 10:27 AM
I have recently been having a lot of games crash, other are fine. This one however crashed in a way I have never seen before. Screen went black and then hundreds of narrow bars of different colors. At least the frequent crashing is now coming with different varieties

kloanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kloanne on Jan 15, 12 10:23 PM
I was going along great until the point that I went over the balcony. Now I've crashed and had to hard-boot several times. It's making me nervous about continuing with the game. What happens is that all of a sudden there is an "alarm" type plunking sound, and then the custom cursor freezes up. I can occasionally see the regular "arrow" cursor moving but I can't do anything, pause, sign out, bring up my task manager, you name it. The only solution is to turn my tower off and then restart the computer.

ruralbabe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ruralbabe on Jan 18, 12 4:34 AM
I have almost finished the game, I am at the last scene where eva and her prodigy disappear in side and alice comes foward and the shadows trap her. At this point the game freezes, all inventary, strategy guide, hint etc. disappear and I can do nothing. Help, what can I do? BTW the bonus game hasn't unlocked either. I have tried coling and opening the game several times but no luck I have had not issues up until this point

Go to: