IBmeWhoU
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

General Game Question

[Post New]by IBmeWhoU on Jan 12, 12 7:04 AM
Is there any advantage in completing all the goals for each level? I have noticed when it says you need 3/5 and you got to 4 it only gives you the 3/5.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

General Game Question

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 12, 12 7:36 AM
IBmeWhoU wrote:Is there any advantage in completing all the goals for each level? I have noticed when it says you need 3/5 and you got to 4 it only gives you the 3/5.

I'm not quite sure what you mean because I thought you'd have to complete all the tasks to pass a level.

If by 'completing' you mean complete them in the target time: The figure at the end is how many stages you completed before the timer passed the star marker for that stage.

For example, if a level has 4 stages and you get 1 and 2 on time, complete 3 but not on time, and complete 4 on time you will score 3/4 because that score is about how many stars you earned on the timer bar.

Sometimes I get expert with 3/4 stages but I play again and don't move on until I get 4/4 just because that's how I play games like this. I believe the only things I gain by getting that extra star are the entertainment value in trying to earn it & taking a bit longer to play the game.

I am not aware of the game giving you anything different for getting full stars than for getting enough stars to make expert. Is that what you were asking?

(But I am only up to level 11 so I don't know what may come later)

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 8:56:49 AM PST

Achak
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:General Game Question

[Post New]by Achak on Jan 12, 12 7:54 AM
I have completed the whole game with all stars and you don't get anything extra

IBmeWhoU
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by IBmeWhoU on Jan 12, 12 8:59 AM
As you start each level it will say 2/3 or 1/2 which is what you need to complete the level. I noticed the stars but didn't pay any attention to them.
So, yes my question was answered.. I had hoped you got someting for giving 100%.

I also like to get the whole game value and often take several days going through some of these games as I don't have the time to devote a solid day to just one thing.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 12, 12 9:13 AM
Achak wrote:I have completed the whole game with all stars and you don't get anything extra

What you get when you complete a level in time is the chance to repair your train. You won't get that opportunity if you don't make a level in time.

Achak
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Achak on Jan 12, 12 9:17 AM
Valdy wrote:
Achak wrote:I have completed the whole game with all stars and you don't get anything extra

What you get when you complete a level in time is the chance to repair your train. You won't get that opportunity if you don't make a level in time.

you get the chance to repair and then upgrade the train each time you complete a level as expert but you don't need all stars to reach expert..

[Post New]by ryders09 on Jan 19, 12 4:00 PM
Thanks for answering this question. I always pay attention to the goals~stars~perfections and there is no way to tell what you have completed on the levels. I guess you just have to settle for expert or not move on to the next level until you know you have completed all stars. I think this is a fun game : )

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Feb 18, 12 2:41 AM
Thank goodness for this thread! I've just downloaded the game and it was driving me crackers how I was seeming to getting Expert on each level without doing all the tasks in time. It would have been good to see how many Stars you got on each level when on the level icons on the Map but I'm now going back to get perfection on each level coz I'm kinda like that!

Go to: